Arena

If possible.
Frigate 1 VS 1 for the arena please.

6 Likes

No thank you.

I’d rather not waste my time on a rock paper scissors match up where whether or not you win is randomly based on which opponent you get paired up against.

1 Like

Yeah. But it’s not all about you, is it? Maybe other people would like it.

Just sayin’

2 Likes

Then they’ll also learn very quickly that 1v1 frigate combat in eve boils down to nothing more than a rock paper scissors engagement. I’m sorry if you don’t have enough experience in 1v1 frigate combat as it exists now to understand how dumb a 1v1 frigate arena would be.

Just sayin’

1 Like

Then give them that learning opportunity instead of playing overlord of the universe by trying to deny it to them. How in the world would a frigate 1v1 affect you and your personal play style?

2 Likes

im up to any class of ship 1x1 better than this leet pvp

1 Like

I think it is a really bad idea that diminishes the game as a whole. No matter what people like screwing up the game is a bad idea.

3 Likes

No, this it not an opportunity worth wasting any developers time trying to implement. It’s a horrible idea to create an event whose effective purpose would only be to showcase how bad it is. That’s such a dumb reasoning.

Where did I say this would? Why would you even bring this up?

You’re just resorting to a knee jerk forum response because you don’t have any idea of what you’re talking about at this point. 1v1 Frigate combat is garbage, please play the game some more and realize that before advocating for a garbage idea.

1 Like

The really bad idea was introducing Arenas in the first place. Now you people want to argue over the degree of implementation?

SMH

6 Likes

For sure. See my post above.

1 Like

ok ok i dont like arenas to
ill admit that @Scoots_Choco has experience in frigates 1x1
i have mooaaarrr
im tutucox “frigate 1v1” khamsi
i disagree that is only a rock paper scissors scenario
to me is imperative to return cruiser 1v1 because ccp REMOVED one aspect of the game that had a following , and that suck , if they use it only for cruiser 1v1 for justice i would be cool with that
if arenas continue more serious formats like cruiser 1x1 , frigate 1x1 would be nice , you can put a slug fest at the same time for the lulz

2 Likes

You can tell all these people asking for this ■■■■ have limited PvP experience. When you take away all of the modules and tactics that go with fleet/hunting/camping/defending you end up with pretty boring combat.

People who like that arena garbage should try SWTOR starfighter which has a lot more flight and weapon control rather than asking for something in EVE that ultimately EVE doesn’t do well.

1 Like

Inch meet mile.

The beauty of EVE PvP is that doesn’t merely consist of shooting another ship.

The beauty of EVE PvP is that it involves an entire universe with decisions made up until the point where you are shooting another ship.

Remove all those decisions and put you randomly against an opponent that is flying a ship that has an advantage or disadvantage and all you get is a coinflip win or loss without interaction with the EVE universe. Whether you like that or not is up to you.

I however dislike it that the arena content doesn’t add or improve anything to the rest of the EVE gameplay, but instead is a separate pvp instance that does not interfere with the rest of the game. The biggest impact of the arenas on the rest of the EVE universe is that less potential PvPers are participating in the normal game.

3 Likes

If CCP insists on continuing to iterate on Arenas, then the best we can hope for is to shape them. Encouraging arena events to be even more trashy is unlikely to result in CCP deciding it was a bad idea (because of the sunk cost fallacy that is so commonly seen in this industry); we might as well help shape it to be the best it can be, so that those who do enjoy it are at least having a good time.

Captura de Tela 2020-07-31 Ă s 20.18.03 Captura de Tela 2020-07-31 Ă s 20.18.07 Captura de Tela 2020-07-31 Ă s 20.18.17 Captura de Tela 2020-07-31 Ă s 20.18.20

look , what a surprise , corps that participate on the old alliance tournament are doing well in the arena
it will change nothing in the game
most people will not participate after some time
arena will become a super meta game thing for the tournament type of players

What you consider to be the best it can be and what PA/CCP consider it to be the best it can be are unlikely to be the same.

Is it pandering to the whiny douches that inhabit the forum or is it what gets the best ROI?

You tell me.

vOv

1 Like

Here are two ideas to improve this dumb feature:

1. Remove “approach”, “orbit”, and “keep at range” functionality
  2. Anonymize the names and paint jobs of all players in FFA matches

And yes, any 1v1 is a massive waste of time.

Unless CCP actively monetizes Abyssal Arena engagements in some fashion (so far they have not), then objectively, the best arena experience is one that many players consistently return to due to receiving engaging content.

Deploying Arena matchups that promptly lead to most involved players going ‘this is too unpredictable to plan for with any likelihood of my fit actually mattering, I’m out’ is not a successful design.

People posting their opinions on the viability of a given arena format are doing what this forum is intended to do: sharing feedback on a design proposal.

1v1 arenas that are direct filament accessed (vs the prior 1v1 cruiser arena that required clearing an Abyssal site first) are simply too broad for meaningful fitting development - it becomes a pure luck scenario, and players rarely find pure luck matchups to be enjoyable on an ongoing basis.

1 Like

Unless you have the inside scoop on the PA/CCP roadmap concerning how they plan on monetizing this, anything you speculate about can safely be ignored.

1 Like