Arena

I feel dirty agreeing with Scoots, but this time he right. I love 1 vs 1 frigate fights, they are by far my favorite over all other types of combat. It would be constant kite fits and severely handicap anyone with a brawler fit. It is a horribly helpless feeling to be held outside your gun range and be nothing but a chew toy. Nowhere in EvE is this more relevant than frigate combat and would become the meta in frigate arenas.

3 Likes

Why would their opinions be irrelevant? Companies tend to listen to their biggest, oldest, paying customers because, well, they get to stay in business because of them.

I truly hope he gets the help he needs.

2 Likes

Wait, because all other ship V ship interactions arenā€™t rock/paper/scissors ?

lel, okayā€¦

1 Like

Jeez,
I guess it has to be said again. Arenas in an open world game affects everyoneā€™s play style by removing those people from the single shard and placing them in their own untouchable instance. Instances in an open world game are inherently bad and ruin the open world. Eveā€™s big claim to fame is the single shard. These arenas work against that. They suck, are bad, and should die in fire. Lets not mention them again, for the childrenā€™s sake.

2 Likes

Agreed.

2 Likes

Letā€™s get inappropiate for a momentā€¦

ONE thing,if nothing else,is for sureā€¦A ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  CRAPPY ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  like THIS ARENA would have NEVER happended with the old devs of 2004+ā€¦

THIS is pearl abyss and nothing elseā€¦and i hope now itā€™s undeniable to see for anybody that exactly THAT happens what was predicted at the time ccp was sold to pearl abyss by some(me included)ā€¦

CCP remains in control? BS

Nothing will change? A lieā€¦

No ā€˜ftp crap microtransactionā€™? Well here we areā€¦

No sp for real money? Well look at the shopā€¦

No ā€˜golden ammoā€™ -sigh- just wait for itā€¦

This is not the eve you were used toā€¦this is 08/15 stuff nowā€¦

They just make it LOOK like beforeā€¦but inside itā€™s the same crap as every ftp gameā€¦

Leaving is the only option in the long run but many simply are not able to do this yetā€¦too much memories,too much at stakeā€¦but deep inside we all KNOW itā€™s overā€¦

2 Likes

I do agree that this would never have happened under the old devs. Also, the game was much better back then. On the other hand, its not clear that the old devs ever knew how to make money. If I could go back in time, the first thing I would have told them is to stop wasting their money on vampires.

1 Like

Removed a bunch of off topic posts, posts about politics, and other stuff. Donā€™t do it again, only warning.

2 Likes

Companies listen to their investors, not their players. And if by some miracle they did listen to players, it would be the whales. Not the bittervets and certainly not the 2% of the player base that play the forum.

2 Likes

So basically you agree to my statement above?

Dam i hoped someone would argue around itā€¦

2 Likes

If only others would stay out of the gate until the fight is over.