Arsia Elkin for CSM 16!

I’ve enjoyed your streams and the serious-but-not-so-serious attitude you have. Wish you the best of luck in your campaign and hope to see you on the council!
:grin:

3 Likes

Aside from the whole “betrayed the Empire” thing, seems like a reasonably good candidate. Amarr victor.

4 Likes

If you love this game and its lore, want FW to get a long awaited Fix and want to see more ways for fun Explosions vote for Arsia… about time!

4 Likes

Arsia is kind of a big deal; would be nice to see more influence go her way. Spaceship mistress ftw.

Please vote for the Lady Arsia

3 Likes

Love your streams and miss the prayers. So much game knowledge and good ideas. I promise you my Nr. 1 Vote even ahead off mate s in my alliance. Would be an absolute shame if you didn t get selected because you aint part off the Null blocks.

2 Likes

To touch on something she said earlier, when she says that she left the Amarr Militia because she started a war, she is not joking.

This is her exposing a ceasefire-esque treaty between the Amarr Militia and the Minmatar Militia aimed at depriving the farmers of their LP by keeping their mission hubs occupied:

This is the right hand man of Lord Sarum telling the Amarr Militia players off and ordering them on a penitent crusade to reclaim the population of the fourth planet in the Floseswin system:

And this is what those two posts did for the killboard of this one random system in FW lowsec:

It was near the end of February when one of my friends, @Isha_Vuld, told me about this war. I started playing EVE because of it, on the 28th of February, 2020. Two days later, I was participating in fleets and smallgangs on a daily basis, and taking my first steps into solo. I learned more about combat from the beginning of March till the end of June than most people in highsec did in a decade.

If it hadn’t been for Arsia accidentally starting that war, I would never have installed EVE, because all you ever hear about when you don’t play the game is Nullsec, and the prospect of being an F1 monkey fighting over sandcastles didn’t really do it for me.

And if it hadn’t been for Arsia inviting me to EDENCOM fleets after the Floseswin war started, I would never have had a reason to upship from frigs. But she did. And whilst shooting NPCs non-stop was boring, I am glad that I got to do my part in saving systems from Pochven. (You’re welcome, Red Frog)

But the reason why I will be voting for Arsia is not just the fact that she is single-handedly responsible for getting me caught up in two wars which forced me to develop into a half-decent RP-PVPer. I will be voting for her because I agree with the policy changes she is suggesting whole-heartedly.

Firstly, regarding factional warfare. As far as I am concerned, FW is one of the best experiences a new player could hope for, and I highly recommend everyone spends a year there to get a grip on solo, smallgang and fleet, and maybe learn how to tell a brawler, scramkiter, kiter, tackler and longbow fit apart from one another in the process. However, it is not free of problems, nor immune to improvements. The ones Arsia has suggested would benefit it. Specifically, separating the PVE missions from the rest of Faction Wars, and creating a Frontline system which would only allow one side to attack a system if they own the one adjacent to it. These two changes would prevent the farmers from manipulating the warzone for personal gain by switching sides every six months. For those who do not understand why that is a thing, here’s an EVE player’s best friend. A spreadsheet:
unknown
Essentially, during the summer, they will all join the Amarr Militia, push Minmatar into Tier 1, create artificial scarcity of Republic Fleet goods by doing so, and sell all their Republic Fleet LP at maximum profit. During the winter, they do the reverse. Once they run out of systems to cap they simply do those godawful PVE missions in tier 5 and earn more LP than anyone who does not shoot other players has any right to. By doing so, they essentially take what should be an area where new players can take their first steps into PVP without tanking their sec status or investing a fortune (T1 frigates are a viable option here), and turn it into the equivalent of a Bitcoin hodlgang scheme.

Secondly, regarding the lore. In essence, @CCP_Delegate_Zero is to EVE what a Dungeon Master is to a game of Dungeons & Dragons. During my time here, he has DM’d numerous events such as the Floseswin war and the evacuation of Skarkon. However, because neither his events, nor the lore of EVE get sufficient attention, most people never learn about these events in time to participate, or how they tie into the game’s narrative. Worse yet, some of CCP is horribly out of touch with both the lore and the RP communities built around it. This is why they were genuinely surprised when people who had been RPing and PVPing for 10 to 17 years emerged from Lowsec to organize and lead the carebears under the EDENCOM banner. The CCP staff members who came before them put a lot of time and effort into writing all that lore, and it is a shame that only DZ ever does anything with it. By adding links to the lore on the launcher and in the game, they’d be giving all players the opportunity to learn about it and enjoy it as others do. I might as well drop a link to https://community.eveonline.com/backstory/chronicles/ and https://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/world-news/ whilst I’m at it, to hopefully remind CCP that these things exist.

TLDR: Arsia is the candidate Lowsec and the lore deserve, and the candidate they need.

9 Likes

CSM needs more people who care about lore and roleplaying, so you’re on my voting list :smiley:

3 Likes

How is someone who switched sides, from a “loyalist who’s served in the Amarr militia for over seven years straight” to Minmatar a good candidate to fix FW?

CSM is a player body, not a character one. Its job is to comment on CCP plans from a player perspective. What matters there is not the character’s loyalties, it is the player’s commitment to a good game.

Out of character, we do not want someone representing all FW who would see CSM as a way to promote only one side of it. Arsia, as a player, is someone who does not resort to trash-talking her enemies and who, when she thinks of how to develop FW in the future, wants to make it fun for everyone.

We can 100% trust her to not use CSM to promote herself or her side, but to promote a balanced and fun game for everyone in FW.

If anything, having seen and played on multiple sides of FW should be considered an advantage here.

PS. I fought for Edencom in Chapter 3 invasions and in addition to Arsia, I fully intend to put one of the most famous protrigs on my list. Not because I have suddenly turned a kybernaut, but because I trust the player’s experience and willingness to make a better game.

3 Likes

Switching sides when things are not the way you like it is not a personality trait (player and character alike) I would like my LS representative to have. I’d rather vote for a certain Amamake pirate.

I wasn’t enjoying the gameplay as much anymore. I changed my RP a bit over time, I left my corp, I tried a few different things, and I joined a new corp in an alliance I enjoyed flying with during the invasions.

Changing what you so is kind of one of the main things to do in a game when you’re growing tired of something you’ve been doing. I really don’t think it’s particularly egregious.

2 Likes

But you didn’t change anything, you are still in FW! just on the side with better LP value. This is the obvious thing that need a reballance in FW and it’s something that I expect from a LS representative to do, who has FW on his agenda.

Good luck with your campaign.

I’m not in militia at the moment. I’ve lived through a million warzone flips and likely spent far more time in t1 than t5. We had a stint in militia for a few months that ended for us to focus on the Anger Games tournament. Before that we had a few various other things to do between the Invasions and our militia enlistment. I roam not only low, but also null, and do a lot of Thera diving these days. I’ve switched stuff up quite a bit and am enjoying my game.

I fully agree on the problem of LP tiers encouraging manipulation and switching sides. As I outline in my post, I think the tier system should just be removed. It gives the wrong incentives.

I’m in a corp that goes in and out of milittia and works in campaigns. We rotate what we do instead of having one focus and I find it keeps things fresh. The blue status with the various militia corps let’s me still join the fleets and fights when I want to as part of the Minmatar loyal RP group. The one that I joined because I like the people.

Thanks, friend!

4 Likes

So she dedicated 7 Years to the Amarr cause and then left? Are you really gona make an argument against her because in 8 years off playing a game she moved on once?

5 Likes

I support this candidate for CSM 16.

I’ve personally flown with Arsia. She’s a great FC, knowledgeable, and involved in the community.

2 Likes

Hello Arsia.
Much respect for you and your motley crew on Twitch.
Always fun to watch you, regardless of fight outcome. :slight_smile:

I like the topics you chose and believe you have all the knowledge and experience to argue for those topics with considerable authority.

+1

2 Likes

Helped co launch an awesome roleplay alliance and is a terrific FC, low sec pilot,and streamer. Definitely has my vote!

4 Likes

very good canidate. my vote is sure.

2 Likes

Brilliant candidate with great ideas who can give Fw the kiss of life.

Battleships MUST get the buff idea now that faction will cost you a billion to build

1 Like

I honestly think ship balance is in a better spot now than it has been for years. Well, except for capitals. But let’s face it, CCP won’t balance capitals to anti-structure and anti-capital machines because too many newbros aspire to have them.

I would rather have FW mechanic changes, more resource changes, and some more involvement with storytelling in Eve.

FW Mechanics (top 3)
-Frontline System
-Remove the tier system
-Dual Plex timers

Resource redistribution:
-Moon ores are split by high, low, and null.
-Missions pay different rewards for high/low.
-Lowsec ores appear in small bunches in deadspace, preventing mining operations from being scaleable and discouraging ‘big bloc’ gamplay.

Storytelling
-RP news on the agency
-Missions have cutscenes (even images with voiceover would be better than text)
-Replay a key RP historic event in a “Simulation” that is an instanced mission that gives you Expert Systems in a ship for the duration of the event (be in a vargur as a key Minmatar figure for example).

1 Like