Artillery vs. Drones for L3 missions

I like big guns for their high alpha and I like drones for their versatility. I have time to train some skills and i am in no hurry. In terms of flexibility and learning effect for a quite newbie should I go for hurricane or for myrmidon for L3 missions?

I am grateful for any hint, so thank you in advance for your help!

1 Like

Drones are far more versatile as you can pick a pure damage type and change drones based on target.

Arty always does mixed damage and not all damage types are available for all ranges. You will also have trouble tracking smaller targets.

1 Like

Myrm does fine for 3s, just gotta manage drone aggro.

A brawler cane would do fine as well.

brawler cane would use AC wouldn’t it?

Of course. Was never a fan of arties for missions haha.

1 Like

Consider using a Gnosis that has a dual weapon system with fairly equal split between (any) turrets and drones and doesn’t use heavy drones which are not great on L3 missions. It helps you learn to manage both types of weapons and their use against different targets.

3 Likes

if you like both than look at training up sentry drones, they will provide you with extra drone damage at range, and when things get close just pull in and warp to new location or drop normal drones for close combat.

Artillery with depleted uranium makes short work of frigate sized enemies. On a hurricane you’ll need to split your weapons into groups of 3, to separate the immense alpha between smaller enemies.

Thank you all for your advice. I will use my Gnosis as an in-between solution until I get in the skills and the isk for fitting a myrmidon.

THis is may actual fitting and this ist not really satisfying because of problems with cap and powergrid and a relatively low damage output (guns 179dps, volley 651). The different drone types are just for trying out several options.

I wonder how to increase damage, because in some l3 ded missions i hat to warp out to regen armor. Maybe I should go for short range weapons?

I am awaiting light drone operation V for fitting Tech II drones

Any comments will be appreciated

[Gnosis, Kan Yang On’s Gnosis]
1600mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates
Multispectrum Energized Membrane I
Medium Armor Repairer I
Reactive Armor Hardener
Damage Control II
Multispectrum Energized Membrane I

Tracking Computer II
Tracking Computer II
50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Omnidirectional Tracking Link I
Omnidirectional Tracking Link I
Cap Recharger II

650mm Medium ‘Scout’ Artillery I
Drone Link Augmentor I
TE-2100 Ample Light Missile Launcher

Medium Drone Speed Augmentor I
Medium Processor Overclocking Unit I
Medium Projectile Locus Coordinator I

Hornet I x5
Acolyte I x5
Hobgoblin I x5

addendum: warp out ws due to bad piloting, with better tactics it is less a problem

Lemme play around a bit on PYFA. I’m guessing you need the med proc rig for fitting right? I’ll take that into account.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.