Cane for lvl 3 missions

Yo.
Made 2 hurricane fittings. 1 arty versio. And 1 AC version. Pls rate and tell me wich is better.

ARTY (FLORENCE)

[Hurricane, Hurricane]
Damage Control II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Adaptive Nano Plating II
Reactive Armor Hardener
Gyrostabilizer II
Reactor Control Unit II

50MN Microwarpdrive II
Medium Capacitor Booster II, Cap Booster 800
Target Painter II
Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range Script

650mm Artillery Cannon II, EMP M
Medium EMP Smartbomb II

Medium Anti-Explosive Pump I
Medium Ancillary Current Router I
Medium Projectile Collision Accelerator I

AC VERSION (IRMA)

[Hurricane, Hurricane]
Damage Control II
Adaptive Nano Plating II
Reactive Armor Hardener
Medium Armor Repairer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II

50MN Microwarpdrive II
Medium Capacitor Booster II, Cap Booster 800
Stasis Webifier II
Tracking Computer II, Tracking Speed Script

425mm AutoCannon II, EMP M
Medium EMP Smartbomb II

Medium Anti-Explosive Pump I
Medium Projectile Collision Accelerator I

:kissing::kissing::kissing:

Several things here.

First, do not use the reactive hardener for mission running or belt ratting. You know which two damage types you’re going to be receiving before you undock (depends on rat type); harden up for those. You’re much better off with two type-specific hardeners than reactive hardener + adaptive nano plating.

Second, you’re giving yourself powergrid problems. One ACR rig is … okay, a yellow flag but okay. If you need an RCU on top of that, you’re going too far for the hull. For L3’s you can probably drop the MWD and put in an afterburner (if you need a prop mod at all-- nothing in L3’s orbits that far out), and maybe look for other ways to save on grid. Dropping back to an afterburner will also reduce cap usage, allowing you to replace the cap booster with a cap battery, cap recharger, or something more directly useful like a tracking computer.

Do NOT use smartbombs in hisec. You will, eventually, be concorded.

Painters are less effective than tracking computers for solo work, and for the AC version a faction web (14-15km range) will do more than either.

they have t2 guns, and it’s lv3s, a RAH is fine, swapping hardeners is a waste of time with that much overkill, I’d probably even pull some more tank off for extra damage.

Getting rid of the smartbomb saves a bunch of PG, and I agree with getting rid of it, imo a medium smart bomb has too little range, does too little damage, and eats a bunch of cap, and then the concord thing.

I do highly recommend an MWD for lv3 running, sure nothing will orbit that far out, but it will spawn that far out, or the next gate will be that far out. MWD gets you there much quicker.

So what was that full 60% em res I had when using rah vs angels? Why did guristas suddenly do em? What about rogue drones? You see, you don’t really know which dmg types rats are going to do - although there is certain tendency (deviation seems to be mostly correlated with how versatile dmg types weapon has).

• a few BS angel use mjolnir torpedo. yet that is very small, like 2-3 per mission in L4 .
  • guristas dealing EM ? never heard of it. a bit of thermal, yes. but not that much.
  • drones deal different damage. but most of the drones in a missions will deal same damage.

all in all, vs various damage the reactive has less resists than an EANM. And vs one type of dmg, better use specific hardener.
Also it consumes capa and need time to reach potential.
I still like them but I use EANM first, then reactive (reactive is not subject to stacking with EANM - however it is with DC)

fit
[Hurricane, Hurricane]

Gyrostabilizer II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Reactive Armor Hardener
Medium Armor Repairer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II

50MN Microwarpdrive II
Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Stasis Webifier II
Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range Script

425mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Fusion M
[Empty High slot]

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
[Empty Rig slot]

i prefer using rah because omni tank is easy and you save time switching hardener

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.