Polarized Cane

The Hurricane fitted with polarized weapons works, actually: 860 dps (max) + drones and 169 hp/s peak passive shield regeneration. I am kinda surprised . . .
The capacitor is a bit weak, though. So don’t MWD around all day.

[Hurricane, polarized]

Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II

50MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II

Small Energy Nosferatu II
Polarized 425mm AutoCannon, Hail M

Medium Core Defense Field Purger I

Acolyte II x5
Acolyte II x3

you can add a shield command burst (II) in the highs to increase the recharge by 15%

1 Like

Could be interesting, but is the recharge rate big enough to sustain incoming damage ?

Also, maybe we could try with the Hurricane Fleet Issue, for better eHP, or the Sleipnir, for higher DPS version.

That’s right. With the Shield Command Burst II [Shield Extension Charge] the regeneration increases to 195 hp/s.

eHP means nothing because the ship has zero resist across the board. On T2 hulls you severely gimp you tanking ability by fitting polarized guns and getting rid of the resists. The HFI is actually worse than the normal Cane.

Alright, thanks mate.

Common minmatar and any boat that has a mwd on trait but not devastating since the guns don’t need cap.

Did you try power diagnostic controls?
They do increase your capacitor, the capacitor regeneration, shield hp, shield regeneration and powergrid in one module.

If you have cybernetics 5 you can use the shield mindlink for maximum effect.

What do you use this for? L3, L4 missions?

My play time is quite limited. That’s why I only tried it in an C1 wormhole. It can run the sites if you watch the spawn triggers. I guess L3 missions are possible, too.
One downsite is that it needs a alot of ammo; not so good for wh’ing.

Maybe someone else will try it, too. wink wink

Yes level 3’s are very possible in any battlecruiser and c1 wormhole anomalies can be done in tech 1 cruisers, however level 3’s pay more isk than c1 wormholes.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.