Hurricane PVE fit

Newer player and Alpha clone, and on the lower side for skill points. With the help of a friend I’ve gotten into a Hurricane and looking for help and suggestions for a Hurricane pve fitting.

So far this is what I’ve come up with for an active shield tank, C&C please. I would prefer an active shield tank build if possible.

[Hurricane]
Counterbalanced Compact Gyrostabilizer
Fourier Compact Tracking Enhancer
IFFA Compact Damage Control
Mark I Compact Power Diagnostic System

10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Medium Shield Booster II
Cap Recharger II
Medium Cap Battery II

650mm Medium ‘Scout’ Artillery I
Upgraded ‘Malkuth’ Rapid Light Missile Launcher

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Projectile Burst Aerator I

Warrior I x5

2 Likes

Against which rats do you need to fight? also medium shield booster is generally for frigs and destroyers you would need a large on a BC (This is for difficult sites thou 5/10 6/10).

1 Like

depends on what kind of pve you want to do.

This is pretty similar to your fit, and should be able to take on most highsec content. The other option I’d suggest would be a passive shield tank, which would swap the booster for an extender, the cap rigs for purgers, and a low or two for shield power relays. BCs can get some strong passive tanks, and having a bunch of buffer HP can be nice.

[Hurricane, pve shield boost]
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Power Diagnostic System II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II

10MN Afterburner II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Pithum C-Type Medium Shield Booster

720mm ‘Scout’ Artillery I, Republic Fleet EMP M
[empty high slot]

Hobgoblin II x5

3 Likes

might wanna look at command bursts but idk how much sp you need for a t1 command burst
personally i would take an armour tank because of all those lows and put tracking comps in mids
might switch out arty for autos depending on how much falloff you can get with the tcs
a good thing to know is projectiles work really well in falloff so even when damage looks like it might suck in falloff its not always true
also good to know is falloff isnt the limit of your damage
damage ends at 2x falloff

1 Like

@Mesa_Windwalker, I’ll be blunt, but only for your benefit, you’re going to lose that Hurricane real quick if you fit it like that.

You have long-range guns. That’s fine… but… you have really poor range control. You’re slow as a brick. Small NPC rats are going to get in close to you and you’ll never be able to hit them.

1 Like

@Chocolate_Pickle Though wouldn’t that be an issue with most slow ships with long range guns? Looking through the ship trees many of the larger ships have drone skills listed for mastery levels and I would imagine they have drones to engage those smaller fast moving ships. Or I would think most would simply make the Frigits and Destroyers priority targets before moving onto the big and slower stuff.

@Makshima_Shogo for the moment I’ve mainly been doing SoE high sec pve missions. With a Large sheild booster I don’t think i’d be able to have a stable Cap without sacrificing in other areas.

@Chainsaw_Plankton
A passive was one option I played around with.

[Hurricane]
Type-D Restrained Shield Power Relay

Limited Adaptive Invulnerability Field I
Medium Azeotropic Restrained Shield Extender

Medium Core Defense Field Extender I
Medium Ancillary Current Router I

Warrior I x5

@JC_Mieyli Took a look and Command Bursts are Omega only. Autos vs Artys would be intresting to look at, main issue would be is that the ship is on the slow side (would need to move the ship into range with Autos) but good to know about the damage fall off. Hmm, Do weapons in eve have a…damage fall of as in do weapons do less damage at longer ranges (i’ve seen the accuracy fall off range listed in the stats) or is it from 0m to (2x fall off)m they do 100% damage (not taking into account other factors of damage resistances and etc.)

1 Like

Yes, very much so. Whack on a 50mn MWD instead of your AB and you’ll largely resolve the issue. Keep the ships at the range you want by being faster than them.

Another tip, use a Large Shield Extender instead. Swapping to autocannons (shortrange instead of long) will let you deal with small ships better. These also do more damage overall, so you’ll be able to dispense with larger NPCs too quicker too.

Don’t fall into the trap of “I’ll put medium modules on my medium ship.” If you can put on large (or extra-large) modules, and get away with it, you should!

2 Likes

weapons do 100% damage in optimal assuming you land a solid hit
beyond that damage goes into falloff and loses raw dps
however different guns scale differently in falloff
with ac most of your damage will be applied in falloff
like if you look at a machariel
it has falloff bonuses and its a 1000+ dps ship
but most of its damage will be applied well beyond optimal
up to about 80-90km
in fact it often applies better damage in falloff because optimal range is too close to track well
you just gotta get a feel for the ship and see what works for you
but like the guy above said a single medium shield booster might screw you especially if you dont really know how to pilot the ship
i would probably aim for about 200 active tank for level 3s

1 Like

going to want a large shield extender, not a medium. Medium shield extenders are for frigs/destroyers.

[Hurricane, Passive shield arty]
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II

10MN Afterburner II
Large Shield Extender II

650mm Artillery Cannon II, EMP M
Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Scourge Light Missile

Medium Core Defense Field Purger I

Hobgoblin II x5

2 Likes

Been playing around in the eve ship simulator. Both set up to have stable Caps with mods that I can use with my current level of skills.

-Active Shield Hurricane, With Shield on and MWD not active the Cap is stable. With MWD active, cap depleates in 4:32. Should be fine if I only use the MWD when I need it for gap closing. Booster active gives 236hp per 4s with the guns at 21k fall off, 3734m optimal, 3.4s rate of fire.
[Hurricane, ***Atlanta 425 scout Shield]
Type-D Restrained Capacitor Power Relay

50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Large Shield Booster II
Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery

425mm Medium ‘Scout’ Autocannon I

Medium Ancillary Current Router II

Warrior I x5

-Active shield with 720 arty
[Hurricane, ]

Large Shield Booster II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

720mm ‘Scout’ Artillery I

Warrior I x5

-Poked around with a passive
[Hurricane, ]
Type-D Restrained Shield Power Relay

Large Azeotropic Restrained Shield Extender

650mm Artillery Cannon I (60km fall off, 26km optimal)
650mm Artillery Cannon I
650mm Artillery Cannon I
650mm Artillery Cannon I
650mm Artillery Cannon I
650mm Artillery Cannon I

Medium Core Defense Field Purger II
Medium Core Defense Field Purger II

Warrior I x5

1 Like

That’s a pretty good fit. Other than going with Meta lv 4 mods or hopefully T2 mods, just needs a couple of changes to make it great.

Low slot change - replace the shield power relay with a power diagnostic system.
Rig slot change - replace Capacitor Control Circuit I with Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I

In my opinion you shouldn’t really worry about cap stable as you will loose out on tank, there will be situations where you take a lot more damage becuase you hit the wrong trigger ship and all of a sudden its hell, in these situations its better to have 2-3minutes of awsum tank before you kill off some dps and then you can toggle your rep only when you need it again. Also its better to learn micro management so that when pvp comes it’s a more natural thing.

1 Like

No it doesn’t and to the best of my knowledge it never has. Yes, I’ve tested it; see here.

The important thing to note here mechanically is that falloff (and tracking) are actually double hit: both chance to hit and hit quality are reduced. I rambled about that over here. Note that post 9 has a typo; paragraph 6 should read:

This will return a number between 0 and 1. As the exponent approaches 0 the entire function approaches 1. As the exponent approaches infinity, the entire function approaches 0.

1 Like

You can go passed optimal + 2x Fall off but that’s only if your lucky enough to get wrecking blow’s, or if your target is standing still then you can still hit them, once you go passed 2x fall off your tracking falls super low.

There used to be a bug in a certain worm whole where you could induce only wrecking blows this allowed autos to hit 180km’s or something and do huge dps it was kinda lol but showed the potential as well. O I remember now what people found out is is you apply tracking disruption to your friends it lowers their tracking but if you added more and more and more tracking disruptors until they went lower than 0 then all of a sudden they had perfect tracking and could hit to max lock range with wrecking shots all the time lol hope they fixed that i’m sure they did.

1 Like

Falloff and tracking are separate mechanics. Being deeper in falloff implies that radial velocity is actually exceedingly low compared to gun tracking.

And read the link I just posted; you can get normal hits outside 2x falloff as well.

2 Likes

Yes but thats why CCP made tracking fall off as well not just damage to balance it out, trust me I’v been flying mini since 2007 and passed 1x fall off you miss a lot more. Also that link is not very accurate, he has some good theories but lots of mistakes.

1 Like

I should have been more clear. I’m referring to my posts in those threads.

2 Likes

O damn nice formula btw

1 Like

[quote=“Zhilia_Mann, post:13, topic:54800”]
No it doesn’t and to the best of my knowledge it never has. Yes, I’ve tested it; see here.
[/quote] interesting but that whole thread is pretty confusing
i will just stick with 2x falloff seems to work for me

That’s not correct, according to Euni wiki your apply is reduced when you get into the fallof but it never reaches 0. The damage curve (based on your turret’s damage) is according to range (with 0 angular speed)
optimal+0 = 101%
optimal +falloff/2 = 90%
optimal+falloff = 50%
optimal+2*falloff = 10%

BTW as other people noticed, SHIELD modules’ names are ■■■■■■, as S are meant for frigs, M meant for destroyers, L for cruisers, XL for battleships. Hence there is no extender for battleships.