Hurricane PVE fit

yeah but were getting off topic and sidetracked about mechanical accuracies which seem a bit pedantic to me
im sure you are both right but for the sake of simplicity
i am just saying 2x falloff works for me

1 Like

My Lord the guy asked about simple Cane fit to run some missions and all get mad about stats.

Make your own thread about optimal, tracking and falloff and all other crap and talk there.

1 Like

you are the only one getting mad here.

We are talking about the cane and how he can still shoot after 2*falloff.

I know this sound a bit complex for you, but if you take the time you’ll eventually understand that this has a meaning.

Massive amounts of great info here! Recently graduated up to a Hurricane as my mission runner since the Rifter got nerfed, still experimenting with various fits but thus far it’s proven a solid deliverer of damage with a sexy profile to boot. I do so love those Minmatar ships, raggedy jaggeds and all…

:sparkling_heart:

1 Like

WTH are you hellbent on recharging your cap for?

First of all a shield booster is 100% irrelevant when you have ZERO shield tank… be it resists or buffer. If you’re caught, your shield booster won’t keep you alive if every mid/low was cap rechargers. It is for topping off shields between waves.

Second, you are running artillery. When you are range tanking you go 100% dmg/tracking/optimal range mods, in that order. Also firing rate for rigs or dmg… rate will do more dmg and speed things up in the long run.

You should go with 3 Gyros, 3 tracking/range mods in the lows. Keep the AB and booster but fill in rest of mids with tracking/sensor/range.

In high level missions upon initial engagement from the Rat Packs, an Arty Shield Buffer tanked Hurricane staying at range will still incur high amounts of incoming DPS which will break the buffer. Having a PDS or some recharge mods in the low slots along with rigs helps a lot to keep the buffer tank from breaking.

Here’s a Cane fit similar to what I used:

Hurricane:
High slots
6x 650mm Artillery Cannon II
1x Rapid Light Missile Launcher II

Medium slots
2x Large Shield Extender II
1x Adapative Invulnerability Field II
1x 10MN AfterBurner II

Low slots
2x Gyrostabilizer II
1x Tracking Enhancer II
1x Damage Control II
1x Power Diagnostic System II
1x Ballistic Control System II

Rig slots
2x Medium Core Defense Field Purger II
1x Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I

Drone bay
5x Hobgoblin II
3x Salvage Drone I

Missile Launcher and Drones is used to take out small hull class ships while the Arty’s (split into 3 groups of 2) is used to take out the medium and large hull class ships.

Hardwiring Implants to help ship stats:
Slot #6 = Zainou ‘Gnome’ Shield Upgrades SU-605
(5% reduced power grid need for modules requiring Shield Upgrades skill)
Slot #7 = Zainou ‘Gnome’ Shield Management SM-705
(5% bonus to shield capacity)
Slot #8 = Poteque ‘Prospector’ Astrometric Rangefinding AR-806
(6% stronger scanning strength with scan probes)
Slot #9 = Zainou ‘Gnome’ Shield Operation SP-905
(5% boost to shield recharge rate)
Slot #10 = Zainou ‘Deadeye’ Rapid Launch RL-1005
(5% bonus to all missile launcher rate of fire)

3 Likes

I don’t see why you buff missiles so hard. I let let the drones deal with the small stuff (unless it’s far enough away and coming straight in) and use my RLML to keep Frig aggro. I also replaced the DC2 for a SPR2 as I get more effective regen that way against Sleepers. Yeah, these days I use DC2’s for the little PvP I do, or if I have a low that I don’t know what to do with.

I like your implants, stealing that setup! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, that single Rapid Light Missile Launcher is used to take out fast EWAR Frigs at range so it definitely needs the Ballistic Control System for more DPS and faster RoF. Slot #10 ‘Rapid Launch’ Hardwiring Implant makes applying that DPS even quicker, thus making the RLML very effective when used by itself.

I have the Arty’s split into 3 groups of 2 Arty’s each and usually have the 5 Drones act as a 4th group to target medium hull class NPC’s while the RLML takes out the small hull class NPC’s. The Drones provide backup for the RLML if the ship is overwhelmed by multiple EWAR Frigs. That feasibly allows up to 5 targets being attacked at the same time. For large hull class NPC’s just combine the groups onto 1 or 2 targets.

I’ve had the Hardwiring Implants like that for a long time, #10 Implant originally was increased ship speed but CCP changed that so the only other viable implant for that slot was the Rapid Launch implant, especially helpful for my Frigates that are fit with a single Rocket Launcher.

A long time ago I used a Force Recon Rapier cruiser for exploration, so Slot #8 was used to increase scan strength.

Slot #8 - Poteque ‘Prospector’ Astrometric Rangefinding AR-806
(6% stronger scanning strength with scan probes)

1 Like

Oooooh yeah I didn’t think of EWAR… Makes good sense now hahaha.

Thanks for explaining!

1 Like

Not sure how no one has mentioned this yet but artillery is generally terrible for PVE. The cycle time on your guns is too slow and your volley is really high so you’ll blap a frigate/dessy/maybe-even-some-cruisers and then take a nap while you wait 20 seconds to blap the next one, and any excess damage from your massive volleys is wasted. If you’re dead set on using artillery don’t group your guns.

1 Like

eh not really, maybe on a bs with 1400s, and even then it’s maybe, and even there it’s more an issue of low DPS imo, on a pure dps fit (4 faction gyros, 1 t2 rof rig) you can get the cycle time under 15s, and on a more normal fit its around 16s on a mach. Like you say don’t group the guns, overkill can indeed be a big issue with artillery. Using a BS with good range and transversal management one shot should kill most frigs. and 2-3 for crusiers/bcs then one to two volleys for most bs. on a 720mm arty cane it looks like a 8-9s cycle time for each gun and faster for high skills or 650 arty.

2 Likes

A well formed response. I gotta say I still find autos vastly superior. DPS as you mentioned is an issue. Tracking will also be an issue.

@Mesa_Windwalker Armor is much better on the hurricane. Here’s how I would do it.

[Hurricane, Unnamed loadout]
Damage Control II
Medium Armor Repairer II
True Sansha Armor Thermal Hardener
True Sansha Armor Kinetic Hardener
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II

50MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
F-90 Compact Sensor Booster, Scan Resolution Script
Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range Script

425mm Medium ‘Scout’ Autocannon I, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M
[empty high slot]

Medium Anti-Explosive Pump I
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Projectile Ambit Extension II

Hobgoblin II x5

You’re going to want to account for the hurricane’s poor capacitor, movement speed, scan resolution and tracking. Shield eats up your precious mid slots, which you need for the aforementioned. Also don’t use cap rechargers, they’re bad when you can use one module (cap battery) to get the same effect as 2-3.

1 Like

I used my Arty Cane to run a lot of level 3 security missions and it worked quite well, just gotta remember to get and keep range from the rat packs.

I agree it’s not good to put all weapons into one group. Placing them into two or three groups easily allows application of enough DPS on specific targets without going overboard. Also splitting the weapons into different groups gives the ability to alternate weapon activation for continuous DPS, thus no large amount of time spent waiting for reload.

However I do admit that I prefer doing brawling tactics with Autocannons which provides much faster DPS application.

1 Like

there’s a trade off between range and dps. Lower base DPS that stays on target longer can end up with higher applied dps than high burst DPS that has to fly to each target. And if you are only running 2 gyros with ACs a 4 gyro 720 shield setup will actually out damage you. Lv3s with good skills you can get away with a shield buffer setup leaving all your cap for MWD range management.

Each mission is different, it may make sense to have a short range and long range fit available. But in my experience the mid-long range ships are the better all around mission runners.

2 Likes

The guns come down to preference for sure, but my thinking on this is the ship gets falloff bonuses which autos benefit hugely from. I think she’s inexcusably bad with shields in pve. The ship thrives when you put a cap battery and a sensor booster on it, It needs these things so badly imo and you can’t really get them on there with a shield fit.

Sure you can get a working shield fit. It can tank, it can do damage, it can be cap stable, but you really don’t know what you’re missing out on. You’re missing out on targetting faster, tanking more, neutralizing targets quicker because of shorter gun cycle times. I guarantee you my fit can complete the same missions quicker. I’d bet isk on it. The shield/arty fit just leaves you waiting for targeting/module cycles a lot, and missing with your guns.

However, the idea is to have fun, and if a shield arty hurricane is your cup of tea don’t let me rain on your parade. I just know this ship really well–she doesn’t have what it takes to be a really stellar shield/arty boat. The Sleipnir on the other hand… that’s a different story.

Edit: Also with its bonuses and proper fitting it is a mid-range boat because of that sweet sweet falloff bonus.

you can still put a signal amplifier in the low.

1 Like

You could but you still don’t have room for a cap battery with shields so you’re forced to get your power from somewhere else, probably multiple CCCs, so you’re forced to use multiple slots instead of one single slot. Rigs that could have been used for tank, damage, warp speed, etc are relegated to capacitor duty which imo is the worst use for rigs.

1 Like

what about ?

425mm brawling mwd
[Hurricane, *Hurricane]
Power Diagnostic System II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Signal Amplifier II
IFFA Compact Damage Control
Gyrostabilizer II

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Large Shield Booster II
Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Warrior I x5

Hail M x1720
Barrage M x1000

constant 500 dps with hail. 100ish ehp/s. the mwd tears the capacitor but allows fast positioning.

I mean we’re talking about level 3s here, this can definitely do them. However, there’s a lack of tracking enhancers/computers so falloff/range is less than what it could be and the tank might struggle on harder l3s like the barricade. Also there’s an EM hole that can’t be filled because you’re forced to rely on capacitor rigs, and there’s a power diagnostic system eating up a precious lowslot.

Honestly it depends on what you’re trying to do. If you’re just starting out in eve and trying to blast through l3s to get to bigger and better things than use whatever you have access to in terms of skills.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.