My First Minmatar Cruiser Fit : Rupture

Hi, Im Trying to fit my soon to be First Cruiser.
Its A Minmatar Cruiser ; Rupture and my skill are focused on Projectile gunnery with some support from magic 14 skill plan.

Any suggestion and idea for making the ship more optimal and viable for PvE?

Thanks for the help!

here’s the Fit :

[Rupture, Epicentrum]
Counterbalanced Compact Gyrostabilizer
Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer I
AE-K Compact Drone Damage Amplifier
IFFA Compact Damage Control

Medium Clarity Ward Enduring Shield Booster
Enduring Multispectrum Shield Hardener
Large Azeotropic Restrained Shield Extender
Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender

425mm Medium Prototype Automatic Cannon
Auto Targeting System I

Medium Projectile Metastasis Adjuster I
Medium Thermal Shield Reinforcer I
Medium EM Shield Reinforcer I

Acolyte I x2
Infiltrator I x2

Fusion M x960

1 Like

Skip the Drone Damage Amplifier for another Gyro. Your drones are just auxiliary dps, not your main DPS. Skip the Infiltrators for more Acolytes. They will be of more use against frigs in the missions you will do. More ammo and more ammo variation, too. If you fly against Sansha or Blood Raider, Fusion is a bad choice and EMP is much better. Likewise, if you fly against Guristas or Serpentis, Phased Plasma is better. Fusion works against Angel.

3 Likes

[Rupture, *Simulated Rupture Fitting]
Fourier Compact Tracking Enhancer

10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Compact Multispectrum Shield Hardener
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II

650mm Medium ‘Scout’ Artillery I

Medium Core Defense Field Purger I

Fusion M x160

That should be good enough for most L2 and has enough space left over to have more or less everything upgraded to T2 when you fit them.

I find the Rupture is a better Arty ship than AC i use the Stabber for that.

2 Likes

Hi there, good ship choice. I love the Rupture for how it looks and performs. Here is what I would change:

-Swap the drone damage amp for a third gyro, or better yet another tracking enhancer
-Swap the omni tracking enhancer for a gun tracking enhancer
-Swap the shield extenders for 1 shield boost amplifier and an afterburner
-Swap the auto targeting system for a missile launcher of some kind
-Swap the metastasis adjuster for a semiconductor memory cell

My reasoning:

-The drones are just an ancillary weapon system, you’re better off going all in on the guns
-The shield extenders give you more HP but don’t help with active tanking. A bit of speed tank from the afterburner will help you tank more than an extender, and it gives you more mobility
-The missile launcher isn’t really necessary but adds just a bit more dps–even a meta launcher with bare minimum skills would be a nice touch that would make the ship a bit more fun
-Swapping the drone damage amp for a tracking enhancer gave you a bit more range allowing you to drop the rig and put something that helps your capacitor instead. You don’t currently have anything to help your capacitor on the fit.

Lastly consider using faction drones once you’re comfortable; they’re great!

Edit: Go up to large at least on the shield booster. Medium is for frigates and destroyers and stuff. Large is for cruisers/battlecruisers. I made my changes to your fit when I got home:

[Rupture, Epicentrum]

Large Clarity Ward Enduring Shield Booster
Stalwart Restrained Shield Boost Amplifier
1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner

Prototype ‘Arbalest’ Heavy Assault Missile Launcher I

Medium Semiconductor Memory Cell I

Acolyte I x2
Infiltrator I x2

Fusion M x960

Lastly I wanted to mention. It’s not cap stable. it could be with a different fit, though it really doesn’t need to be. Also, I think armor is better for a pve rupture but if you only have skills for shield than stick with what u have.

Edit 2:

You can put a large cap battery instead of the shield boost amp to become almost cap stable

[Rupture, Epicentrum]

Large Clarity Ward Enduring Shield Booster
Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner

Prototype ‘Arbalest’ Rapid Light Missile Launcher

Medium Semiconductor Memory Cell I

Acolyte I x2
Infiltrator I x2

Fusion M x960

2 Likes

From all the reply, i started to learn a lot about fitting a ship. Thanks for all the help! will do what u guys suggest and learn something along the way :> @Eternal_Montage @Twin_blade @Zhalyd_Lyehin.

How do i balance the resistance and the the shield/armor regen? i always have those conflict when fitting a ship. Like sacrificing dps for tankiness or go full speed glass cannon? any suggestions? @Eternal_Montage @Twin_blade @Zhalyd_Lyehin

there’s no armor regen in the game. armor is only repaired with modules so you need to have long duration capacitors or even be cap stable in some cases (depending on how much fire you’re getting from NPCs).

The rupture is more leaning towards Armor than shield due to its slot layout. i use a Hurricane for L3s missions with Armor + Autocannons. so more or less you can expect

Highs -> guns + drone link augmentor (if you have the slot for it, if you’re doing DEDs or similar add a probe launcher)

Mids -> Prop Mod (AB/MWD) + Web + Cap Battery/Cap Recharger (Minmatar has good cap regen but usually has low capacitor amount so you have to balance it out a bit)

Lows -> Damage control + Armor Repairer + Reactive Armor Hardener + Multispectral Plating/Membrane + Gyrostabilizers

Rigs -> Explosive armor resistance (if you need it) or Armor Repair Amount + Capacitor Recharge or Capacitor Amount (to get close to cap stable, but you dont need to run armor rep 24/7 unless heavy fire) + Projectile Weapon damage

Application is obtained by using a Webifier module to catch enemy ships and then hit them with Autos on optimal range. Drones are for killing smaller enemies so they are mainly to get rid of the frigates but with Web you can in theory do it yourself, Medium guns can do that but they are more effective against other medium sized ships like other cruisers and BCs, destroyers can get shot easily too.

And speaking of ammuntion, i go by this rule:

Drones, Sansha, Blood Raiders -> EMP + Acolytes

Mercenaries, Serpentis -> Phased Plasma + Hobgoblins

Guristas, Mordus Legion -> Titanium Sabot (less raw damage but has the highest ratio of Kinetic damage) + Hornets

Angels, Triglavian(?) -> Fusion + Warriors

i dont stock my ship full with ammo but try to carry at least 3 reloads + all drones and swap as necessary. no MTU as i blitz missions.

1 Like

Here is a T2 version that is Active Armor & Cap Stable for something else to try.

[Rupture, 220 TII Cap Stable]

Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Multispectrum Energized Membrane II
Medium Armor Repairer II

10MN Afterburner II
Tracking Computer II, Tracking Speed Script
Tracking Computer II

220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II, Hail M
Medium Infectious Scoped Energy Neutralizer

Medium Ancillary Current Router I
Medium Projectile Burst Aerator I
Medium Explosive Armor Reinforcer I

Valkyrie II x1
Warrior II x4

Hail M x3000
Tracking Speed Script x2

Try to go for a full 720mm artillery fit, with small armor repairer, embark with either titanium sabot or uranium, the reason for this is if you’ve built enough range from the rats, there is little to no need to repair at all. Like another person above said, armor cannot regenerate unlike shields, but an undersized repairer unlocks that functionality at the cost of minimal cap.

Thanks for all the reply and help it really helpful! so apparently i tried to run a wightstorm combat site solo with my rupture and yeah, got wrecked. Here is the kill mail https://zkillboard.com/kill/89514995/.

So apparently going to go with what you guys said and tried longrange artillery for maximum damage output.

You aren’t going to be able to do those in a ruppy . To solo them you need something with a lot more tank.

Yeah, definitely need to do a different fit.

In High slots I’d replace the Salvager mod for a Missile Launcher, that will add more DPS to your ship. If you don’t have enough Power or CPU for the entire ship fit, can always drop down from 425mm AC’s to 220mm AC’s. Those will have better tracking with lower fitting requirements.

In Mid slots you should definitely have a propulsion mod, you only need an Afterburner for PvE which will help reduce incoming damage. The other 3 slots I’d fit a Large Shield Extender, Multispectrum Shield Hardener and a Tracking Computer with Tracking Speed script, also keep an Optimal Range script in cargo hold to switch and use when needed.

In Low slots I’d fit 2x Gyrostabilizer, a Tracking Enhancer, Damage Control mod and a Power Diagnostic System. The PDS will increase stats on Powergrid, Shield HP, Shield Recharge rate, Capacitor amount and Capacitor Recharge rate.

For Rigs, definitely need to plug the EM Resistance hole in the shields. Can go with various combinations such as EM Shield Reinforcer II (75 calibration) with 2x Core Defense Field Purger II (75 calibration each) or if you’re fairly well skilled up, fit an EM Shield Reinforcer I (50 calibration), Projectile Collision Accelerator I (200 calibration) and a Projectile Metastasis Adjuster II (150 calibration).

I usually have T2 AC’s so I carry Barrage, Hail and Republic Fleet Phased Plasma. For the Launcher I mostly use T2 Inferno Fury missiles and for Drones I use Hobgoblin II.

Try to fit Tech 2 modules if you can and if you need to reduce fitting cost because of your skills, use Tech 1 mods with the lowest fitting requirements. If you’re skilled up, can fit some Deadspace mods which have better stats with reduced fitting requirements.

Always remember to do a simulated fit in the fitting screen first before actually buying any equipment, that will let you see if you can actually use the fit plus allow you to change modules as needed per your skill level.

2 Likes

Swap the two shield extenders for a battery and a copasetic shield boost amplifier. Either you’re fuffer tanked or active tanked, but not both at the same time.

1 Like

If you wanna fit 720mm arties, you could fit 4x power diagnostic control and the damage control, which gives you a cap stable mwd and the higher alpha should compensate for the loss of the gyro stabs.

They also happen to increase your raw shield hp and regeneration and if should fit with advance weapon upgrades level 4. If not, just fit the afterburner instead.

thanks you so much guys, i did enjoy using the new n improved rupture fit from all of the suggestions and tips for L2 mission for awhile. And now i wonder, since i wanted to upgrade into hurricane, what is the respectable amount of turret tracking for a battlecruiser?

I use an autocannons fits with 45-ish turret tracking speed and equipped with stasis webifier.

could i be safe from npc frigates or even other player frigate on a solo encounter?

Thx for the reply! having a lot of fun in fitting ships on this game :>

Here’s the fit for my upcoming hurricane

[,Hurricane]
Gyrostabilizer II
Medium I-a Enduring Armor Repairer
Mark I Compact Power Diagnostic System
Damage Control II
Compact EM Energized Membrane
Gyrostabilizer II

10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier

425mm Medium ‘Scout’ Autocannon I,EMP M
Salvager I

Medium Projectile Collision Accelerator I
Medium Projectile Metastasis Adjuster I
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I

Hobgoblin I
Hobgoblin I
Hobgoblin I
Hobgoblin I
Hobgoblin I

1 Like

Are you fitting for PvE or PvP?

It’s been a lot of years since I last used my Hurricane for PvE missions. I was doing level 3 Security Missions running it with an Arty / Shield Extender fit. From what I can remember it worked pretty good.

Anyway, I checked through my saved PYFA fits and found these 2 PvE fits for Hurricane. I’m max skilled on Omega sub so if you can’t do the fits as listed, can use them as a starting reference and then customize them to your skills.

Hurricane T2 Arty Shield Extender fit

Hurricane T2 AC Shield Booster fit

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.