Minmatar cruiser setup for alpha?

I’m a returning player, alpha, Minmatar. Can someone suggest a cruiser missile or artillery setup for ratting? I’m not very interested in missions; I just want to be able to survive against npc cruisers around those system beacon structures.

1 Like

if you mean the gala sites they are only temporary and wont be there for long
if you mean fw then thats another matter

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t know what gala sites are. I mean the beacon sites you see in 0.6 systems.

1 Like

well do the beacons say guardians gala next to them
or are they combat sites you see in your scanner

1 Like

Just combat sites I think. Do cruisers use medium sized artillery and missiles or large? Any shield and armor enhancements?

1 Like

cruisers use meduim size weapons
some have shield and armour enhancements
most cruisers dont have tank enhancements but are better suted to certain tanking styles

1 Like

The Minmater PVE cruiser is the Rupture. Eve University has a number of suggested fits.
https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Rupture

2 Likes

there are many different beacon sites, and saying 0.6 doesn’t really narrow it down for me. Posting a screenshot of what you mean should help clear things up, or at least a site name.

This is my standard rupture fit, might need to drop the meta level on a few items. Mostly want to be pulling range with the AB on and then killing stuff as it tries to fly right at you. Use the drones to kill anything that gets too close. Switch between EMP, Fusion, and Phased plasma depending on the rats you are fighting, can choose drones depending on the enemy type too. might also want a longer ranged ammo too. There are two mid ranged ammo types with +20% tracking, and then 3 long range. show info on them all and decide what you need.

[Rupture, Newb Pve]
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II

10MN Afterburner II
Large Shield Extender II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

720mm ‘Scout’ Artillery I, EMP M
[empty high slot]

Medium Ancillary Current Router I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I

Hornet I x5
Hornet I x1

1 Like

As an Alpha Clone, you can use a Gnosis Battlecruiser which can be fit with any Factions weapon systems.

Doing a google search should provide more info for fitting.

1 Like

Yes, Gnosis is the best thing to fly as Alpha, but there are some gates, that will let only cruisers to get through. Cynabal is also an option in such case, IMHO… Alpha can train gallente cruisers now.

1 Like

Go for a rupture if short on cash if not stabber fleet or cynabal.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions. I knew a little about ship types and components years ago when I first played Eve but I don’t remember any of it now. Everything feels completely new!

I’m not concerned with maximizing isk per hour or anything like that. I’m just a casual player who wants to just have fun.

1 Like

There aren’t a lot of combat sites with beacons in 0.6 systems. Incursions come to mind but those can’t be run solo in a T1 cruiser.

Combat anomalies can be fun but you need to use your scanner or the Agency to find them. In the Agency, you can simply right click the tile and warp to the site.

As usual, Eve University has an excellent wiki page:
https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Combat_sites

I prefer to use a frigate for this type of content - faster and a bit more challenging. Worm is a good choice for Alphas. Something like this perhaps:

[Worm, Worm]

Mark I Compact Power Diagnostic System
Damage Control II

Limited Adaptive Invulnerability Field I
Medium F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
Upgraded EM Ward Amplifier I
1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner

Light Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Light Missile

Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II
Small Core Defense Field Purger II
Small Core Defense Field Purger II

‘Integrated’ Warrior x2
‘Integrated’ Acolyte x2

Scourge Fury Light Missile x1000

Good luck.

2 Likes

Thanks! Believe it or not, I had forgotten that there was a wiki.

1 Like

Why use a Worm, when a Breacher can do the same thing. And is faster.

1 Like

Breacher has half the dps and half the EHP of the Worm - though the exact numbers will vary with skill. While Breacher is a bit faster the Worm is still over 1km/s with afterburner and can easily run level 2 missions or other PVE content that would normally be considered appropriate for a T1 cruiser.

1 Like

I run L2 missions in a Breacher quite easily.

Then the cost.

A Worm is 49mil isk in Jita currently
A Breacher is 429k isk in Jita, and that is WAY over priced, you can get them for sub 300k.

I would rather have the Breacher, over the Worm due to cost of ship and utility. While the Worm has better shield tank, it isnt a whole lot, 330pts and 150 armor. Vs the speed, smaller sig and the cost of a Breacher. Not to mention the additional low slot over the Worms 3/4/2 setup.

Overall the Worm is good, but way over priced for what you are getting. If you want a missile boat frigate then go to the Kestrel or the Breacher. Way cheaper, and are way more flexible build options.

1 Like

You can’t compare a breacher or kestrel to a worm maybe compare the breacher to the kestrel.The worms main strengh comes from its drones not its missiles.

1 Like

Why no Siege Cannons?

Info is a bit outdated. I currently have already flown a battleship.