Assistance with ship/fit

Been away for a while came back with the intentions of doing PVE.

Currently I have a VNI im in .5ish minmatar space running security missions. Angels are the faction I am going up against.

Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer II
Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

100MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Explosive Deflection Field II
Medium Shield Booster II
Drone Navigation Computer I

[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
Drone Link Augmentor I

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Processor Overclocking Unit I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Berserker I x3

This is what I am currently running. I figured I would sig/shield tank. Its not working out to well for me. Been a couple instances where I have had to warp out. The Missiles are causing a lot of damage to me. So was hoping someone could help figure out a ship that would better suit my needs.

I used the VNI a lot before I took a hiatus from eve. Worked well in null against Serpentis.

1 Like

There’s VNI nerf coming soon so whatever fit you come up with will likely be moot in a few weeks :\

1 Like

I know this which sucks but is also a reason I am looking for a different ship that will suit my needs.

Stacking penalties make the 4th DDA kinda useless. You could use that slot for something else. Power Relay maybe, since you seem to be short on Cap.

1 Like

Maybe look into fitting a Large Shield Extender.

Are you omega? Is ishtar an option?

If not, gila is still a good choice

What kind of ship are you looking for? If you want to sig-tank, the Phantasm is a good choice but not against the angel cartel.
Any matar combat boat will do just fine against the angel cartel.

1 Like

Replace 4th drone damage mod, and replace with DC to help increase your EHP.

Depending on your skills add a drone speed rig or shield rig. Ideally drone so you can get your drones on target faster.

High slots maybe look at a small armour remote repair to repair your drones as you fly to next mission point.

But a lot depends on your skills.

1 Like

There is a lot of good forum topics about effective running of security missions. You need tank and DPS otherwise you will spend too much time shooting same NPC. So - a battleship. Even with low skills Praxis can be a good choice. Just because you can run L4 security in assault frigate does not mean you should unless it is fun for you. Cause low dps means borderom.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.