[August] Input Method Editor (IME) Code Cleanup

Hi there

As part of the release on August 11th, there has been a cleanup of the code that handles IME within EVE.

If you’re not familiar with IME, it allows for input of characters that are not on typical standard Latin based keyboards. For example, typing in Chinese on a US-105 keyboard.

If you’re a user that switches between different character inputs while playing EVE and you notice any issues, please let us know by filing a bug report.

1 Like

We have become aware that some 3rd party programs are having issues, Namely Sogou pinyin and QQ pinyin.

We are currently investigating these reports. Default OS based IME should be working as intended.

Edit - The issue lies with the 3rd party tools. We’re trying to reach out to the developers of these tools.

Edit2 - Sougou should now work with the latest update. Please update if you’re running an old version.

actually the default OS based Chinese input method are not working when i click IME

Hi
Could you provide more information? A bug report would be ideal.

When you say “i click IME” - what / where are you clicking this? We’ve tested Chinese input within Windows and not experienced any issues. I’m keen to get a reproduction that we can follow up on.

Many thanks.

Never used the IME in EVE before so I don’t know what I should be looking for but yeah it dain’t work.

I have the English UK keyboard layout, and the Microsoft Japanese IME installed. I can switch between them with WinKey+Space, or by clicking on the task bar.

When I switch to the Japanese IME in firefox, 日本語出ます、but in EVE, I still type in roman characters, with no IME conversion to kana or kanji. I’ve tried chat windows, the notepad, and ship name windows - none of them work how I’d expect, which is “at all”.

Windows 10.