August release - General feedback

Like the change to scanning. Hated jumping from system to system and having to rescan everything (or manually write down the sigs so I knew which ones to “re-ignore”).

Not liking the change to the Standings UI. I used to be able to open an agent’s info, r-click on my standings and select “show transactions” so I could seen how many missions I’ve done (and what the standings boost for each was as well).
I could also r-click over the Corp standings and select “show compositions” to see how my corp mates standings are (and the same with the Corp’s standings with a Faction).
Now opening the window just shows my individual standings with that agent/corp/faction and I have to open my Character window, select Interactions, select Standings and then scroll through dozens and dozens of factions/corps/agents to find the one I want and the list of “transactions” I’ve had with that agent/corp/faction. (Note: the list can be sorted in different ways in case you prefer searching alphabetically or by standings.)

To find the Corps standings now I have to open the Corp window, select Standings, select NPC Standings then scroll down 66 entries to get to the corp that I am currently doing missions for (depending on how the standings are sorted.)

Wow - used to be able to do all that just by opening an Agent’s window and right-clicking over the agent/corp or faction.
(ps: which setting do I need to click to turn off the notifications every time my standings change because I’ve killed a rat ? I keep (un)clicking different “Popup Visibility” items and I am still getting a notification almost every time I kill a rat.)

Haven’t used the new (Beta) map too much but I see the issue other posters have raised concerning the colours of the connecting lines.
Also noticed that when you zoom in on a system a small box appears by the sun and notes something like “3 records found” or “9 records found” when in actuality it is referring to how many “Stations” are in that system (maybe change “records” to “stations” ?)
Also, maybe consider allowing people to make more than 1 selection when filtering the map. For example, if I want to filter by Services, I can only pick 1 item (say “Clone Bay”). However I may want to look for stations that have Clone Bays as well as Repair Facilities. Or maybe Manufacturing and Reprocessing facilities (etc etc).

The “Agency” challenge. Still a bit buggy. I had the window open while doing the challenges and when I got to 9/10 pirates killed (under Angelic Serpents) the counter froze. Same when I got to 995,000,000 isk under “Bountiful Prey”, and it (initially) didn’t give me credit for completing a “Lucky Clash” site (I actually tried to go back to it thinking I’d missed something but of course it was gone). I also noticed that the small info panel just under the system (and Route) info (top-left of screen) was showing the amount that was “frozen” in the main window.
Closing the window (not just minimizing it) and then re-opening it cleared it up however.
Also, regarding that info panel (under the system/route info). Right now when it is open it shows one of the challenges (i.e. Bountiful Prey) and there is no way to change what it is showing.
Perhaps add a scroll to it so you can cycle through the challenges and see which are complete (without opening the main Agency window) ? Or have it default to whichever challenges are still waiting to be done ? I’d prefer the first option as then I could set it to whichever of the challenges I wanted to do next.

Oh and the “Red Shark” battleships ? Seriously ? The first Lucky Clash I went to I was in a T3 dessie. When I saw a faction battleship warp in I almost needed a change of underwear ! I decided to try a couple shots at it to gauge it’s toughness (hoping I’d be able to escape and come back in a bigger ship).
Turns out I could probably kill those things in an Ibis ! Momma Mia - are they equipped with T1 rocket launchers and zero resists ?
Hmmm - going to go get and Ibis and try it just for giggles…

2 Likes