Ban Capital Ships from Low Sec - or - How to make Low Sec better (please)

We actually haven’t tried since the change, I forgot it even happened.

I’ll have to see if I can convince some suicidal members to go on a roam.
For science.
Donations towards the cause would be welcomed haha

If you want to kill of lvl 4 mission running in high-sec then yes by all means put battleships in 0.3 systems say goodbye to a substantial amount of pve players.

Details. I didn’t write out every facet of the idea because

1. I’ve already written it elsewhere
  2. it has travel issues that would necessitate making extra jump gates or a workaround
  3. it’s just a concept for the idea of ‘limited engagement’ restrictions so that people could have opportunities to engage in PvP without getting dropped on by ships and players that are 50x more powerful.

However, for the specific notion of level 4 missions, security regions 1.0, 0.9 and 0.8 still allow the current high sec range of ships. Boost some extra level 4 agents into those sectors and run them as you normally would.

No one idea stands alone. EVE pretty much needs a fundamental re-structuring. Missions would need to change along with many other things to rescue it from the ridiculous decline CCP has driven it into.

I’d write the whole thing up, but why bother? CCP has shown no signs they are even aware they’re on the brink of disaster, much less the ability to make significant and workable change.

reduces effectiveness of bombers, or anything with large alpha, drives towards DPS ships, allows logi more time to land reps.
BS are not supposed to apply damage to smaller ships plus those BS would have support from smaller ships to help deal with that.

that’s true in there current format, but it has to be said, i hear mates say they wish BS where used more.

why would you roam in BS? home defense and shorter trips they’d be good :slight_smile: not saying they couldn’t be used, but yea, depends on the fleet comp and the mission at hand.

this is why you’d bring support ships with them.

yes they can all run if you do not have support to make sure they don’t run.

i see where you are coming from, but i still believe BS need some love and EHP would be a great place to start.

And yet, reduced effectiveness or not, dead is still dead. You can certainly say BS should have support ships, and I agree. But on the flip side, if a generic battleship cannot kill a generic cruiser, why can a generic cruiser kill a generic battleship? Cruisers should need support to kill battleships, just as battleships should need support to kill cruisers.

I’m certainly with them in that. I’d love to bring a battleship on a roam. Nobody wants to take a battleship in their roam though, myself included, because it’s just too slow. Short trips are never short lol.

Limiting them to home defense and strategic fleets is where they’re already being used. You bring them when you’ve got titan bridges, otherwise they stay docked or used for home defense.

As I said above, why should battleships need support, while cruisers do not? Everything should need support, and everything should have a meaningful support role for something else.

I’m not going to say at all that BS wouldn’t benefit from EHP for a tactical benefit… because it would as you say remove the option to “just” volley them off (which of course is simply solved with N+1). But from a strategic role, where the decision to actually use them is made, they’re almost never the right choice.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.