Best setup for l4

Gallente is thermal / kin, nit just Kin, Tengu bonus is just Kin. The Gallente bonus is OK because thermal component of it affects huge amount of ingame targets.

The heavy launchers have always had better application, I played a lot with them and on average it feels to me that I need 1 less mod/rig/bonus with them to get same application as precision cruise. People just like using MJD + cruise, it is a good combo, but nonetheless, the other option remains solid. Also, especially on RS in particular, RHMLs + Augmented Ogres is freagin beast for brawls, much moreso then cruise + sentries.

@elitatwo wins this thread for this phrase, which I am stealing to use for the name of the first single of my Death Ska Polka Punk band :laughing:

1 Like

How would you fit a Drekavac for solo L4’s?

Drop to Alpha and get a Rattlesnake. Since you don’t need the income to PLEX anymore, you can then stop running L4s. Botting in a Gila or FW with a VNI is what all the cool players are doing these days. The rest of the Omegas are in null Rorq mining or supercarrier ratting.

If you got cash…
[Paladin, Paladin - l4 refit]
Corpus X-Type Large Armor Repairer
Shadow Serpentis Damage Control
Imperial Navy Heat Sink
Imperial Navy Heat Sink
Imperial Navy Heat Sink
Centum B-Type Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Centum B-Type Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane

Gist X-Type 500MN Microwarpdrive
Shadow Serpentis Tracking Computer
Imperial Navy Cap Recharger
Thukker Large Cap Battery

Small Tractor Beam II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Bastion Module I
Black Eagle Drone Link Augmentor
Black Eagle Drone Link Augmentor

Large Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Large Auxiliary Nano Pump II

That with some high asklepians…unkillable. But you dont really need them. Oh right…dont gwt nueted.

Along these lines here, the remote rep in uppers is for drones and you can stick whatever in the last slot. Was also thinking about trying a double rep.

[Drekavac, Expensive]

Reactive Armor Hardener
Corelum B-Type Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Centum A-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Capacitor Power Relay II
Entropic Radiation Sink II

Gistum B-Type 10MN Afterburner
Tracking Computer II
Medium Micro Jump Drive

Heavy Entropic Disintegrator II
Small Remote Armor Repairer II
Armor Command Burst II

Medium Nanobot Accelerator II
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Trimark Armor Pump II

Hammerhead II x5

Armor Energizing Charge x300
Tracking Speed Script x1
Occult M x1000
Mystic M x1000
Nanite Repair Paste x150

[Drekavac, Cheap Ass]

Reactive Armor Hardener
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Medium Armor Repairer II

10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Tracking Computer II
Medium Micro Jump Drive

Heavy Entropic Disintegrator II
Small Remote Armor Repairer II
Armor Command Burst II

Medium Processor Overclocking Unit I
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I

Hammerhead II x5

Armor Energizing Charge x300
Tracking Speed Script x1
Occult M x1000
Mystic M x1000
Nanite Repair Paste x150

1 Like

Probably shouldn’t cheap out using a bc for level 4’s. I’ll put your expensive fit in and see how it looks.

I’m all about picking the hull I like the look of best and trying to make it decent for mission running.

The expensive fit is not as expensive as I thought. Its kind of a cool fit, how do you think it would actually do in L4’s solo?

[Tengu, Tengu - Valhalla]
Reactor Control Unit II
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System

Gist X-Type Large Shield Booster
Gist B-Type Shield Boost Amplifier
Gistum A-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Gistum B-Type EM Ward Amplifier
Corelum A-Type 50MN Microwarpdrive

Heavy Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Heavy Missile
Sisters Core Probe Launcher, Sisters Core Scanner Probe
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Core Defense Operational Solidifier II
Medium Auxiliary Thrusters II

Tengu Core - Augmented Graviton Reactor
Tengu Defensive - Covert Reconfiguration
Tengu Offensive - Accelerated Ejection Bay
Tengu Propulsion - Chassis Optimization

DPS way too low. Need 3 sinks or 2 sinks + implants + booster or it will take too long to complete them in this setup. Aim for 920 ish bare minimum.

Well, it does great :smiley:

Takes a bit extra damage from increased sig over the Vedmak, but has way better resits because of the 4% per ship skill level + the Armor Command Burst with Energizing Charge and pumps out considerably more DPS so even full clear with battleships are really no issue.

You can also play with it some more, get more raw HPS by switching the rigs to 2x Accelerator and 1x Nano Pump. The base armor on it is more then plenty of buffer so no need for the Trimark really. Though you may become cap unstable, especially if you mission in Amarr space due to all the neuts / cap drains. But you can still run your tank plenty so no biggie if its just L4s can always warp out and come back or carry the 20% rep booster with you and pop it if you feel you’re in a pinch.

not good enough my ass this thing tanks L4, C3, and low sec sites solo. implants and drugs help but ive ran it naked with out any implants or anything in L4s and came out on top.

You have used in Abyss and for exploration? I have only ever been a mission runner but have been looking for something to try Abyss and exploration in. Something different, just don’t like the Gila personally.

Can’t use Tengus in Abyss, can’t use T3Cs. For explo they’re ok, they have more mids then Loki so can retain higher tank / utility while having analyzers etc. fitted.

Perhaps I should have rephrased it. Yea, it is “good enough” but so is a VNI, so is a Gila, so are a whole bunch of other ships. Well, except maybe the C3s exclude the drone boats. But L4s, escalations etc ? LOL it gets surpassed by them by leaps and bounds.

Now the thing about the DPS is … its a hell of a lot more fun. Yea, you can kinda slug through it all, but just cause you can does not mean you should. Especially if its a longterm activity. I do understand different players ideas of “fun” do vary. For me, any ship for any of this sort of content that can’t pull minimum 900+ is shiht. You may vary.

Can you elaborate on that please?

900+ of what?

How are I vary?

900M isk worth of course.

1 Like

I was asking about the Drekavac? I know the T3C’s are excellent ships.

I like to bully my way through L4 missions. Maurauder with about 1400dps and a 2500dps omni tank with the capability of applying that DPS from about 5k out to 130k. All you do is warp in, bastion up, blast everything on grid, and either warp out or tractor in the mission objective and warp out.

T3C just require too much babysitting. Even if you can build one to put out 1000+dps your range is limited, you’ll have to move around grid to get into range wasting time. Then there are the few missions where an accidental full room agro is going to blap a T3 cruiser hull. Think about the extra room on the extravaganza, it’d be a bit hairy maintaining your transversal and trying to stay in range to apply damage without getting blapped.

Marauders are designed for L4 missions, nothing is going to run them faster or more efficiently. Isk for Isk if you throw the same amount of money at your ships the marauder will be better every time (at L4 missions).

1 Like

Which Marauder are you using?

IMHO, Vargur the best.