BEST T4-T5 Abyss Gila fit found

What do You guys think about this fit?
The main difference is second large cap battery. With blue pill and crystal set (without omega) it has 993dps omni tank.
If i understand correctly the main threat is cap warfare.
Or is it overkill for t4? Maybe change invu for B and AB for less expnesive?

C3-X ‘Hivaa Saitsuo’ Ballistic Control System
Federation Navy Drone Damage Amplifier

Gistum A-Type 10MN Afterburner
Pithum A-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Pith X-Type Shield Boost Amplifier
Pithum A-Type Medium Shield Booster
‘Thurifer’ Large Cap Battery

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Inferno Fury Light Missile
[Empty High slot]

Medium Core Defense Operational Solidifier I
Medium Core Defense Operational Solidifier I
Medium Core Defense Operational Solidifier II

You have a dangerous EM hole and no extra shield volume. I never tried a double cap battery Gila so can’t really comment on the 3 solidifiers vs cap efficiency during a neut spawn. For T4s it might be sufficient if you avoid Electrical filaments, but not T5s. That hole combined with low shield volume will get you killed.

1 Like

If it helps, back when Abyssal Deadspace was first released I created a Gila fit that can consistently tackle all site types except dark and all tiers up to and including 5. I wrote about the fit and the strategies used in a guide here: https://massivelyop.com/2018/06/11/eve-evolved-the-expert-gilas-guide-to-abyssal-deadspace-in-eve-online/

It’s a passive tanked MWD fit and I’ve done hundreds of T5s in it since making the guide without even overloading mods. It’s a lot more hands-on than an afterburner fit, and the trick is just to learn the right response for each type of spawn you can encounter and react quickly when you land in a pocket. Most enemies get kited between 20km and 30km, which will shut off Vedmak beams and is outside the activation range of all the important cruiser special abilities (scramble, web, and neut). You kill any special frigates first (emphasis on scrambling frigs), and kite the cruisers until they’re dead.

For the Leshak spawn you can literally charge head first into it and treat it as a straight DPS race and they’ll consistently die before you. The Rogue Drone and Drifter battleship are the biggest threats, but you can neutralise almost all of their damage by orbiting and pulsing the MWD. The only issues you can encounter are if a drifter or rogue drone BS spawns inside a blue cloud, but you can manoeuvre them out of it as they always fly directly away from you if you’re in close.

The C3-X I use to get the maximum peak DPS against frigates in those first 30 seconds of each pocket, which is important as those Damaviks are too fast to easily kite and need killed quickly. Imperial DDAs are a totally viable alternative if you just want to let your drones do all the work and focus on piloting manually to kite enemies effectively. I like using the CA implant set instead of pirate implants as it makes fitting easier and your speed and agility are actually the most important thing. Speed agency boosters and a speed hardwiring wouldn’t go amiss either (I just use the 3%s), and I sometimes use X-Instinct booster for tier 5s but I can’t say I’ve noticed much difference using it.

Another benefit of this fit (especially the DDA variant, though I MUCH prefer C3-X for that opening damage) is that it’s pretty cheap. Abyssal roll a deadspace MWD (I think mine’s a C-type) for low-signature and speed bonus, fit Thukker extenders for reduced signature, and use the CA set and some cheap boosters/implants. No crazy expensive boosters or invulns (it uses a T2 invuln), no crystal implant set, and no need to worry about cap as long as you let it recharge a bit between pockets. You also don’t need to worry as much about swapping resists depending on site since kiting preferentially eliminates certain damage types more than others so you can keep a thermal amp on at all times for good resistance to Triglavian ships.

looks good. Indeed, 2 batteries can help, a little bit. The last time I died losing 3 billion, a wave of 5 Leshaks took 2150 energy in a cycle (430/each). Despite the fact that in the beginning I had 5000. With one battery. In general, at the moment I have a loss of 15 billion and earned 1. Apparently this is the main idea of the abysses - money falls into hell. And I prefer MWD, because with low speed, you can simply not have time to exit, if you take all the boxes.

7200 Capacity, 882dps

[Gila, Capmonster2 Gila]

Pithum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Gistum C-Type 50MN Microwarpdrive

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II
Corpii C-Type Small Energy Nosferatu

Medium Ancillary Current Router II
Medium Semiconductor Memory Cell I
Medium Semiconductor Memory Cell I

‘Subverted’ JVN-UC49 x1
Imperial Navy Infiltrator x2
Federation Navy Hammerhead x2
Caldari Navy Vespa x2
Republic Fleet Valkyrie x2

Inferno Fury Light Missile x1000
Nanite Repair Paste x30
Scourge Fury Light Missile x652

|Inherent Implants ‘Squire’ Power Grid Management EG-604|1|
|Zainou ‘Gnome’ Shield Management SM-704|1|
|Inherent Implants ‘Squire’ Capacitor Management EM-805|1|
|Zainou ‘Deadeye’ Target Navigation Prediction TN-904|1|
|Zainou ‘Deadeye’ Rapid Launch RL-1005|1|
|High-grade Crystal Alpha|1|
|High-grade Crystal Beta|1|
|High-grade Crystal Gamma|1|
|High-grade Crystal Delta|1|
|High-grade Crystal Epsilon|1|
|Standard Blue Pill Booster|1|
|Agency ‘Pyrolancea’ DB5 Dose II|1|

With Inherent Implants ‘Squire’ Power Grid Management EG-604
I can replace 2 DDA to C3-X

Today I tried your scheme again on the test server. I do not have time to take all the boxes. Only main storage in 2 pockets. And I regularly stay with 0 energy, although the shield has withstood all attacks so far. Do you always have such problems too?
I really have not met on a test with leshaks spawn. They have absolutely amazing damage and energy neutralizing rates. In general, does it make sense to put active shield modulators if it becomes 0 when meeting up with leshaks? Can it be passive?

I’ve never run into these problems, it consistently completes EM, Kinetic and Explosive sites in about 15 minutes so there’s an extra 5 minutes to work with for picking up extra containers and even time to recharge a bit between pockets. The armour buff in Thermal sites works against you and slows you down to the point where I don’t bother doing them any more – Have come quite close to the timer a few times after getting triple deepwatcher spawns for two out of three pockets.

I don’t have any issues with capacitor, you can’t just run the MWD permanently but you can reliably kite cruisers outside neut range and kill neut frigates quickly. You only get low on capacitor when speeding to loot boxes or when orbiting Rogue Drone battleships and Drifter battleships and in those cases you will want to pulse the MWD anyway to stay in a good orbit. If you get the Leshak spawn and it has energy neuts, you will get up to speed long before you’re capped out and will always get within DPS range.

My strategy for the Leshaks is simply to MWD straight through the middle of the pack and treat it as a DPS race, killing them in order Renewing > Starving > Striking/Blinding. It’s terrifying, but it consistently works and the thermal amp helps block a lot of their damage which is why I suggest keeping it on even in Kinetic/EM sites. The sources of Kinetic and EM damage in abyssal deadspace are all highly kitable or in the case of the rogue drone battleship you can get in close under its guns quickly enough, so those resistances are far less important in an MWD fit.

I would not suggest going full passive, the invulnerability field is important for closing base resistance holes and gives the best bang for a mid slot, and you should never get into a situation where you’re 100% capped out and can’t activate it. I should mention that for this fit I use the CA-1, CA-2, CA-3, and CA-4 implant set as that gives a decent bonus to speed, agility, capacitor recharge, and capacitor amount. Other than that, it’s largely a matter of practice, learning to keep range effectively (manual piloting) and quickly figuring out kill priority.

2 Likes

[quote=“Nyphur, post:27, topic:141706”] Other than that, it’s largely a matter of practice, learning to keep range effectively (manual piloting) and quickly figuring out kill priority.
[/quote]
Understand thanks. Probably really, the main thing in many cases is deciding the ability to keep a distance.

2 Likes

Switch your drones to augmented. Go 4x Augmented Hammer, 6x Augmented Vespas. use vespas as defaults, Hammers on battleships, you’ll do a lot more DPS.

Your small NOS migth wanna switch to small remote armor rep in light of recent drone nerf so you can repair them between rooms.

Also not sure if you are getting enough HP/s with this set up, maybe switch 1 rig to solidifier ?

When compared with sea drones, the performance is worse. First of all, the speed of pointing weapons. And shield, armor strength is also worse. I read the big guide on them, then I compared it myself. Navy drones 100% better.

And yet for this, expensive ship, you need so much energy or higher. No changes in modifications. Because even with 2 batteries and -55% to neutralize Leshaki they remove 330 energy per cycle (480 energy with 1 battery)

From experience I see that there is enough stock of drones for 3 pockets. NOS is here in case of an absolutely terrible Leshaks spawn and he can really save. The video does not usually show a wave of 9-12 starving ships. Because it ends badly. Example
7Leshaks * 330neyt=2210
+
5drifter ships*180=900
=3110 energy neytralized each 24sec, with 2 battery,
I think we need maximum energy and NOS too…

Just run chaotic exotics/electricals with the gila (gamma should be good too but take longer).

You can run them easily with cheap ~800M passive fit with no implants/drugs. Don’t need all this fancy active tank stuff. 50% of doing these sites successfully is mastery of the spawns and flying correctly.

The leshak spawn is the 2nd easiest spawn outside of the frigate one (even with 4 starving).

1 Like

All this tales. I get on the big, on 7-12 starvings ship waves each approximately 3 entrances to the 4 and 5lvl abyss.
I lost 30 billion so. Perhaps the option to really run around the edges of the pockets. I do not know if they kill the current active Gila, I will try the passive Gila with 25+k shield strange.

Nah. Augmented hammers unlike otehr hammers do 2 damage types, thermal and kinetic. So that is for starters. Second, you use them only on BCs and battleships. Their speed and application do not matter, they pretty much hit for max that they can. 3rd their raw DPS output is so high it way surpasses any of the damage specific ones even when they take a penalty.

Augmented Vespas have an excellent mix of application and extra shield. They apply well to everything, their damage is better on average then Valks or Infs, they have a bigger shield which is huge cause its easier to rotate them out when they take damage, and their speed is just right, not too low and not too high, drones with high movement speed on fast moving targets outtrack themselves quite often and result in too many missed shots. I actually found Valks to be worst drones for Abyss because of this. Not only is their base DPS so low that it gets surpassed by otehr drones even vs targets weak vs explosive or in gamma, but their miss rate due to their movement speed is just horrendous.

As for the armor rep, that is up to individual player style. I tend to run 4-8-12 Abyss sites in a row and I fit for it. Average time per site is 14-15 minutes and boosters last 1 hour, if I come under my average I go for drill sites but I do not spend more then 15 minutes per site except for the very last one I run within a play session. if I dock up I lose too much booster time also sometimes lose my rhythm sorta speak. So I do not dock up after every Abyss site of 3 rooms, that’d be silly.

1 Like

The split damage type is a huge penalty in the Abyss as the site resistance penalties apply to the enemies too and you know in advance which resistance penalty you’ll encounter. If you’re in a kinetic site I’m almost certain you will deal more damage with pure kinetic navy drones than augmented.

You shouldn’t be just using your drones on battlecruisers and battleships. Medium drones can track frigates absolutely fine, and some pockets only have frigates in them. Some small ships are also high priority to kill ASAP and take priority over cruisers and battleships, and the whole site is timed so you can’t afford to waste effective DPS time.

Have you run the numbers on that or tested it? I’d love to see the figures but have never tested it myself. On paper I think augmenteds only deal about 18% more raw DPS with max skills compared to navy drones, though, and half of their damage isn’t getting boosted by the site’s resistance penalty against enemy ships. That penalty gets up to -70% in some tier 5 pockets, are you sure it comes out to more DPS than T2 or Navy there?

Navy drones have more HP than Augmented, and your drones should never be rotated out as it wastes a huge amount of effective DPS. Navies are not only tankier but also are so cheap that you can ignore them getting killed and just launch a new one if it happens. I’ve lost one drone in literally hundreds of sites, but I expect that rate to increase with the Gila drone HP nerf.

I think the navy drones come out on top here as they have much higher tracking speed than augmented drones and a lower MWD speed. The lower MWD speed doesn’t cause you to waste much DPS time on travelling between enemies because abyssal sites are small and enemies are close together, but it does mean they rarely outtrack themselves even on the approach.

That sounds about right, though in my MWD fit I come in at 15 minutes per site while also collecting all the drill sites on tier 5 Chaotic, Gamma, and Electrical filaments. The thermal ones are a bit slower due to the armour bonus and if you get unlucky you can get two triple-deepwatcher bs spawns in a row and it just slows you down to 18+ minutes, so I don’t usually bother with thermals any more.

2 Likes

@Nyphur Have you changed your fit any after this week’s Gila nerf? What implants do you use?

Yes, I recently saw the light. Only MWD, and only Navi.
Thanks for the detailed answer, I would say the same thing.

1 Like

implants for drones are not very good. The speed of the ship and so beautiful. Most likely the shield or capacitor regeneration and LM, RLM, MB +damage.

I don’t fly kinetic or gamma for the most part due to grossly reduced income. Main is fire, secondary electrical, ternary dark but for dark I switch to Sac and hop on another clone cause implants so I do them the least.

Of course I use them on different ships, but different drones are optimal for different targets. Use slow heavy hitters for slow heavy targets and ones that are betetr at killing small targets for those. That’s a no brainer. As far as what you launch and when to switch is up to each and individual player and their comfort zone. I do not have any issues whatsoever with this and do not understand people who do.

I initially started roughly with what you are using and found it to be inadequate. There is a lot you are missing that doesn’t show up on paper, for example the sheer increased number of smashing hits and penetrating hits that you get of off hammers vs other drone types and the sheer increased damage of them. To give you an example, often times when Valks need to hit 2-3 volleys on a target due to their shitty DPS hammers will 1 shot same target even if one misses. And this is often, its not something unnoticable, it is very often and very noticable.

As far as doing spreadsheets and all that, no, am too lazy and frankly speaking would rather play then go this deep. Let the spreadsheeters do spreadsheets.

No. Again they take multiple volleys to take out same targets that augmented drones do in just one thus surpassing them even with less hits.

I used to collect them too when they 1st came out for a while but the average is still much better if you jsut move on to the next site and stick to the main cache. And I don’t like flying MWD cause of the sig bloom. When I need to distance I simply OH my prop 1-2 cycles and am good. Gives me almost MWD speed but without the bloom.

On BS spawns, of course I run into them, and its any combo of drifter / drone battleships in all 3 rooms, not just deepwater, usually these do take a bit extra but not that much, ups the average to 15-16 minutes per site.

1 Like

Was planning on finally getting started in Abyss. I’ve got excellent drone skills so the Gila was my obvious choice. Is this fit still one of the best, or did the Gila change make using it worse?

Now regularly have to change drones to not lose them. And go to the repair between the entrances to the abyss. The rest is the same. And the fire abysses do give a little more income, but there are usually more problems there. I don’t like even the 3rd level of the fire Abyss, and on the 5th I will never go. Drones burn very quickly and have to burn modules. By the way, special courses for drones, and improvement of drones weapons, improvement of combat range with drones, give a good result. All this is necessary in 4-5lvl.

1 Like