Breach of courier contracts without consequences

I feel the ability to abuse noob couriers and rob them of personal wealth to them that maybe game breaking should probably have taken precedence over mega alliances getting skimmed of small fractions of ratting income or structure attacker loot drops.

2 Likes

It depends on which is a more common occurrence. I’m fairly immune to a “but the children” argument, but if it’s happening a lot more than the other abuses, than I’d be fine suggesting fixes.

The problem I see is, that it discredits deliveries to citadels as a whole, which the deposit was about to solve. Also again, the other abuse for loot extraction has nothing to do with the citadel state but with the deposit feature as such.

1 Like

Firstly nullsec ESS farmers ie, bots are definitively the children here, who’ve had all sorts of rules to protect them basterdised into the code, poor little snow flakes. In this case the rule protecting the snowflakes is hammering some noobs out the game & detering citadel courier contracts.

A plain fix which would prevent null snow fakes getting robbed as easily would be to always allow courier wraps to be deposited no matter what. Citadel owner can prevent non wraps being delivered ie, ESS tokens.

Keeps both noobs & risk averse null farmers happy & both subscribing.

1 Like

Exactly this.

My conclusion for now is that the courier process to citadels is extremely misleading and not worth the effort.

CCP is happy to let the current code misinterpret who’s breaking the contract, and at the same time tell GM’s not to interfere with the fraud even though it’s obvious who broke the contract without needing any GM tools.

If the defacto authority in charge refuses to enforce contracts, there are no contracts.

Um, this is already A Thing. Dump it in the cargo deposit, manually move your crap to asset safety, profit?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.