[BREAKING] The Final Destination of Dr. Hilen Tukoss

Yesterday, a Badger-class industrial vessel carrying databanks destined for permanent archive was intercepted in the Akeva system. The assets being transported contained information and research into the final destination of Dr. Hilen Tukoss, based on transmission telemetry found embedded in his final known transmission.

Information on this transport was provided by codename “Nova Radiance”, an employee of a concealed planetside research facility under the control of @Trii_Seo, who has been conducting research into the final transmission for some time now, but turned on a dime to cease operations and expunge her final conclusion. In her words, it was a “gargantuan waste of time” - but the actions taken to completely erase the original facility alone suggest an intentional attempt at concealment and erasure, as Nova describes.

These suspicions were made certain upon accessing the recovered databanks. Based on the research commentary decrypted thus far, Hilen Tukoss’s final broadcast was likely made from a location within Eram.

10 Likes

This man would be correct. I have finished decrypting some of the files - they contain many trials, examples, errors, corrections… a long time of work.

My work, too, actually.

I leaked it.

The radial measure is one thing, but the exit point does not leave much doubt.

4 Likes

Oookay … so, it’s been a little while. A little discussion and interpretation by people more closely involved with this history of this thing would maybe be really helpful?

I mean, I was (kind of) around at about that time, but the importance of the italicized “within Eram” is a little lost on me.

(Didn’t we find his body in a Hive?)

2 Likes

By these calculations, Hilen Tukoss (or the vessel he was inhabiting at the time) was no more than 30km from the Eifyr station at Eram V-2 at the time of his broadcast.

2 Likes

So is this including or not including the ones he seemed to have been sending from Drifter (or something) custody?

… basically I feel like we need a little more background. I mean, it has been literally years and I personally was I think a data archive at the time.

3 Likes
2 Likes

This information was taken from the Doctor’s final broadcast on YC117-02-26, the assumed final message from the actual Hilen Tukoss - and not those suspected to have been using his signature to collect Jove body parts in Site One.

From the little that has been able to be taken from the message itself, Tukoss escaped from his captors in a stolen Sleeper vessel, and was making his way to the Eram system, to Site One. But judging by this data, his final broadcast was made from within 30km of the Eifyr station in the system.

Now come the concerning parts; less than 10 days after this transmission, Hilen Tukoss was disavowed by his parent corporation, making him a “citizen of nowhere” with (as the article explicitly states) no human rights. Then, upon the discovery of his body in the Redoubt hive by a group of explorers, CONCORD aggressively moved to collect his remains - allowing Eifyr to immediately execute his will upon its surrender.

The Upwell Consortium was officially founded four months later, with Eifyr as a founding member, (with a mission statement echoing a quotation from the Dom’Ryustni cycle), and soon released their first structure - the Citadel - with the origin of their technological advances kept concealed from the public eye.

3 Likes

Intercepted by who? Flown by who?

1 Like

Intercepted by myself, following its abandonment at an incorrect location after Nova’s secret changing of its course - it was under the flag of a shell corporation owned by Trii Seo, and was intended to arrive at a cold storage facility where the information would be forever interred.

4 Likes

Ok so is the Eram broadcast a double-double misdirection? In any case, I suppose you might want to up your security lest you find yourself conveniently disappeared some day.

1 Like

There doesn’t seem to have been much misdirection, in all truth, beyond the Drifters’ use of his signature to collect body parts for a still-unknown purpose - it’s just that the actual location of the real Doctor’s transmission has never been determined till now.

1 Like

Out of idle curiosity, anyone ever seen a sleeper vessel that wasn’t a drone? I’m kinda curious about where you’d stuff someone into one in a way that’d let them pilot it, rather than, you know… have wires poking them in the butt.

1 Like

Who’s to say he had a body in it at all? Unless he managed to steal a Drifter body, one might theorize he took control of a vessel in infomorph form.

4 Likes

Its an interesting question. Brings us a few options, none of which have ever really been explained. We don’t know exactly what vessel as far as I know. There are a variety of Sleeper ships, up to battleship in size and something like that would be relatively easy to take over, hack the drone and fly it via a console, or linking at an infomorph level. . I would think within the capabilities of someone like Dr. Hilen Tukoss. I’m certain we have yet to see all the classes of vessel available to the Sleepers, it may even have been a prototype Drifter vessel.

1 Like

If he’d done that, why not just fire his infomorph across the fluid router network into a medical clone or jumpclone?

1 Like

His pod and burn scanner was destroyed when he was first captured - and I have some doubts about Sleeper or Drifter infrastructure being able to patch into our own systems properly in order to transfer him to a clone bay, them being able to do so would in itself constitute a pretty big danger.

As is, he seems to have significant trouble getting a message through - I certainly wouldn’t trust such a broken connection to transfer my infomorph.

1 Like

Well, if he was able to act as an infomorph, then the sleeper technology at the very least has to be compatible with the Jovian-based tech we use. If it wasn’t, he wouldn’t be able to interface with it as an infomorph. It would be like attempting to put sand in your tea and have it be sweet. Just become something is a data construct doesn’t mean it’s a universal format, or even compatible architecture. Can you imagine trying to put a quantum data construct into a binary computer system? You’d lose all the ‘maybes’!

Edit: or maybe trying to have a direct neural link to a marigold. Sure, you’re both build on DNA based on the same 4 amino acids, and even share some sequences, but you don’t even use electrochemical signals the same way.

1 Like

The standing theory was that he could not transmit via FTL channels as they operate via entangled helium particles. Each ship, upon commission, is issued a transmitter entangled to a certain router.

The implications of a sleeper ship being capable of accessing the empire’s fluid router network opened a can of worms so big we put it into a different category, jokingly called “Lightspeed Violators” or LV (referenced in the document).

2 Likes

The tech is very different. Capsuleer tech ‘relies on a huge, cluster-wide infrastructure of receiving and assimilation stations to support the cumbersome transfer of state data.’ Sleepers use a form of differential transfer, which is way more efficient.

1 Like

… is how we manage FTL communications like the one he sent in the first place.

1 Like