[BREAKING] The Final Destination of Dr. Hilen Tukoss

I never suggested that the racial variants were so-called “alien tech” - but the two Society developments and the Vorton projector both match that possibility very well. And it’s not as if a single doomsday weapon is the only thing Upwell has introduced that trumped prior possibilities - their hyper-advanced shielding tech (which the Rorqual’s new signature module is based on) and the standup system’s allowance for any capsuleer to assume direct control of any structure and any weapons or operational system involved with no training and no instances of negative effects or wetgraving are completely unprecedented as well.

That’s not to say that they’re entirely lifted from some potential “alien” knowledge either, though - research builds on knowledge, and Upwell is comprised of some of the choicest experts in the fields they cover. The assertation here is that the base for some of this new tech may have had a more dubious origin.

1 Like

Which pales in comparison to the entosis-based shielding CONCORD and the Amarr derived from Sleeper techology.

And that’s really a failing of the previous iterations of the egger/egg interface. Think about it. We slot skills into our heads and slowly absorb the data in order to use weapons. Ok, great. So Upwell goes and sets up an expert system in their massive, many-times-the-size-of-titans structures that say ‘hey, boss, you tell me what you want the guns to do, I’ll make them do it’.

Why the hell haven’t we been using that already? Why is this not built into the fire-control systems of every ship? It’s the functional equivalent of your XO relaying the orders to the crew, nothing more. And it’s about damned time. Let’s get our ships upgraded with this ridiculously obvious solution to one of the stupidest problems that face Capsuleers: we can’t delegate a damned thing, so everything has to be stored in our head.

Upwell’s given us a virtual personal assistant. How the hell did nobody else think of that, for so damned long? Shouldn’t Aura have been doing this while laughing at us for dying?

2 Likes

Aura was to busy laughing too actually help us. Also CONCORD. They hate us too much to let us have the really nice things.

Actually a good deal of simulations relied on that bit. To start with, the header displays a hint in the form of receiver designation that starts with what’s likely the local routing trunk and displaying hops to the actual receiver station.

Again, having the message relayed from an unknown, hijacked Sleeper vessel through an unknown relay in empire space and then into the fluid router network implies (assuming they cannot access it directly, which is a case I have already mentioned) that there is a Sleeper infrastructure in empire space.

One that is right in front of us, and we didn’t even see it.

1 Like

Well, considering we didn’t see the Observatories until their cloaks failed…

2 Likes

This is precisely why any line of reasoning implying, essentially, a rogue FTL transmission was classified as its own can of worms:

Vast, terrifying implications and a plethora of them not backed by any actual data.

2 Likes

So…

• We’re Doomed !
  • We’re not quite doomed !
  • Cheese
  • Sausage
  • Triglavians, Drifters, and Sleepers are a conspiracy started by the reptilian were-slavers.

0 voters

You? Doomed?

Please. You are, in reality, the beneficiaries of this technology. This is the city of dreams we are talking about here, heavens conquered.

1 Like

The Sleeper Caches, could well be the key. I am still researching but I believe they function partly as a backup storage facility and also as a cache; they cache data prior to re-transmission. Jovian and Sleeper tech at least have common roots, if not more. Our entire civilization relies on the Capsule and cloning tech provided by Jove. Do we fully understand every operating component? It is not beyond the bounds of possibility that this implies some kind of Jovian backdoor into our network.

1 Like

You forgot the ‘shut up Val’. :stuck_out_tongue:

The idea of Sleeper FTL communication, hidden relays and similar devices does present an issue within the transmissions.

• We see an increase in indicated packet loss matching an increase in round-trip time, consistent with the behavior of an optical or radio transmitter.
  • An empire-owned FTL relay placed away from the station or stargate hop that the doctor broadcast to would likely register as the new transponder ID, rather than that of the station - as it would replace it, effectively, as the receiver.
  • A Sleeper FTL relay communicating over a sublight link with the Eram station would be subject to the same distance restriction as the Doctor himself, thus, would be within 30 kilometers of Eram station. Mind you, the observatories were in the middle of nowhere.
  • A Sleeper FTL-to-FTL relay would be subject to much smaller delays, consistent and independent of distance, barring a completely different and less efficient way of transmission than our entanglement-based systems. It would also open the can of worms I mentioned, a link between both infrastructures.
2 Likes

The part that really is intriguing me are the other broadcasts. Do we have any location info on their source?

I wasn’t part of the team that looked into that part. Last I know, it was part of the Hive Cluster, Thera included, I think - and there were some conclusions that the communication itself came through a link salvaged either from Hilen’s capsule or ship.

They were going to file a query to the CRC regarding illegal access and all that, but I’m not sure if this went through.

My team was focused on charting the course of “The Real Doctor” (hence Soaring Educator - the guys behind first two parts were part of Standing Liar)

1 Like

Data expungement procedure was initiated to avoid widespread panic and rumour-mongering should a publication in baseliner mass-media occur.

Not too worried about this leak to the IGS, as far as I’m concerned, dumping anything serious here is as good as moving it to /dev/null.

Obviously, some mistakes were made during the procedure - some of them due to security restrictions that weren’t applied due to the lowered classification of the project. I take full responsibility for these failures.

We are currently working to ensure that such events don’t occur in the future.

2 Likes

The Minmatar solution to security breaches; duct tape. Although to be fair duct tape is the Minmatar solution to everything.

There are some far reaching implications, things I don’t really like to contemplate, let alone discuss on here.

1 Like

It was part glaring ommissions, part outright violations of security guidelines and part a perfect storm of events - set off by a hasty reaction - that lead to this.

That said, in the light of what has already happened, I can only confirm that yes, this document was written by me and yes, the findings are correct. In fact, this is not the only document that makes this statement - really, the true discovery within it was the owner of the station.

All this comes several days prior to my intent to release this data to the public as we wrapped up the project and exhausted, seemingly, every avenue of approach to the matter. The realization of possibly implicating Eifyr and Co. - and, by certain extent, Upwell Consortium in the disappearance of Hilen Tukoss resulted in this chain of decisions.

Quite frankly, I believe that even this data could not possibly harm them - anyone who attempts what they are doing is bound to have a good core of lawyers, and there is a key missing component from this paper - evidence of capture. As such, any court case centered around this little discovery is unlikely to stick.

2 Likes

You should’ve released everything anyway.

Nah. Trii’s alright. Tukoss is dead. It matters not.

That he is dead is entirely beside the point.

Spooking Eifyr and Co, along with Upwell, however…

Would make sense in certain cases, but not in this one. As to his final fate, I cannot really say if he’s dead or alive - whether Eifyr finished him off or if he’s still standing.

The issue here wasn’t, really, the nanoassembly or even Arc Projectors. It was the software between the capsuleer and the structure’s modules, the STANDUP technology.

2 Likes