Bring back Bookmark-To-Item/Item-To-Bookmark

I get it, there’s access lists now and shared folders.
But those are a pain to use, at least in proportion to what the bookmark-to-item mechanics was good for.

It facilitated quick, uncomplicated, flexible, even somewhat anonymous one-time exchange of a single bookmark.

Yes, the new access lists can share bookmarks, too. And for what they can also do, beyond sharing physical bookmark items, they’re a better tool than what there was, no discussion. But it’s utterly disproportionate and far more rigid for that use case that was served well by a quick, uncomplicated, flexible, and even somewhat anonymous, one-time exchange of a single bookmark.

So, please reimplement that functionality with the new bookmark system.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Would be great to have both.

1 Like

Agreed. I used to sell, trade, or give away about half my escalation bookmarks when they were items.

While the new system is handy for certain things, I completely stopped exchanging escalations under it. It can be done but isn’t really worth it.

1 Like

Huh, so, after randomly coming across another bookmark-related thread, I understand that the removal of this function, and/or ancillary ones, was alleged to costing gankers a few additional mouse clicks in plying their sociopathic trade …

… making this function having been removed yet another case of “This is why we can’t have nice things”, it would seem.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.