Bring back dynamic PVE events like Rogue Swarm

A good compensation I’d say for the inability to play for many players due to the recent and ongoing Ddos attacks is to revive the old style of PVE events. I fondly remember the Rogue drone event, you get lots of accelerators and skins for all kinds of ships, and the rewards are fair for the level of space, highsec got accelerators and good skins every once awhile, lowsec got it frequently, and nullsec very frequently.

A permanent PVE event such as that, alternating between different faction themes every month or two, would be a great replacement for the now nerfed to the ground EC, and so long as servers are up, extra fun for players.

1 Like

How the hell is adding more farming events “compensation” for server problems? Trying to tie a bad idea to an unrelated problem to give it legitimacy is a pretty dishonest strategy.

And yes, it is a terrible idea. Changing which NPCs get farmed is not an event, it’s just more farming. And the EC nerf is not getting reversed or replaced with equivalent farming income, it was done for a reason and that reason has not changed.

How the hell is adding more farming events “compensation” for server problems? Trying to tie a bad idea to an unrelated problem to give it legitimacy is a pretty dishonest strategy.

Any improvement to the game is compensation, however many cases PVE content is put on the backburner in this game, thus having it be at the forefront could be considered as a treat for many players not being able to log into the game and do their missions or exploration.

And yes, it is a terrible idea. Changing which NPCs get farmed is not an event, it’s just more farming. And the EC nerf is not getting reversed or replaced with equivalent farming income, it was done for a reason and that reason has not changed.

Remember some people like to make isk, and do not want to pvp. There is nothing wrong with this, you pvp, they pve, everyone is happy, you forcing them to do pvp is like us forcing you to pve. Not fair to them or to you.

No it isn’t. That’s not how game development works. Improvements to the game are an ongoing activity not related to a specific DDoS incident. This is just another of your pointless “BUFF MY AFK FARMING” whine threads.

however many cases PVE content is put on the backburner in this game, thus having it be at the forefront could be considered as a treat for many players not being able to log into the game and do their missions or exploration.

Why should farmers receive compensation for being unable to farm, while PvP players do not receive compensation for being unable to PvP?

Remember some people like to make isk, and do not want to pvp.

Too bad. EVE is a PvP game, there is not supposed to be an option to not do PvP.

Also, only idiot farmer trash wants to reduce PvP. Smart PvE players understand that PvP drives market demand and increases their wealth, while reducing PvP allows less-skilled players to flood the market with excess production and drive down prices. The smart PvE player would be lobbying for easier suicide ganking, more highsec wars, etc, because all of those things would be a direct buff to their income.

No it isn’t. That’s not how game development works. Improvements to the game are an ongoing activity not related to a specific DDoS incident.

Try to avoid derailing every argument using minute analysis and focus on the actual argument. That is if your contributing in good faith and not wishing to undermine the OP.

Why should farmers receive compensation for being unable to farm, while PvP players do not receive compensation for being unable to PvP?

Never said that they shouldn’t, go propose a new feature to help pvpers, instead of attacking every PVE proposal thread you see. I’d go and support you in your thread if you ping it :slight_smile:

Too bad. EVE is a PvP game, there is not supposed to be an option to not do PvP.

EVE is a sandbox, where did CCP say it is an exclusively PvP game, like Call of Duty?

Also, only idiot farmer trash wants to reduce PvP. Smart PvE players understand that PvP drives market demand and increases their wealth, while reducing PvP allows less-skilled players to flood the market with excess production and drive down prices. The smart PvE player would be lobbying for easier suicide ganking, more highsec wars, etc, because all of those things would be a direct buff to their income.

Again with the insults, please refrain from insulting.

Not sure about that being a form of compensation, they can give us free SP or Omega time if they want is simpler choice rather than lots of effort for what is suggested by OP.

That works too.

However, I’d rather farm or pay for cerebral accelerators as opposed to receiving free SP giveaways and skilling sprees.

I as well, and the Rogue Swarm event was very fun back in 2017, would be nice to see it and other variations with similar styles be introduced.

They are way more interactive, rewarding and mutually satisfying content.

Agreed

You’re the one who tried to tie your “MORE FARMING ISK” whine thread to the DDoS attacks. If you don’t want that argument criticized then don’t make it.

Never said that they shouldn’t

Yes you did. You said that as “compensation” your farming buff should be moved to a priority, which means putting something else at a lower priority to make time for it.

EVE is a sandbox, where did CCP say it is an exclusively PvP game, like Call of Duty?

Uh, everywhere? Have you honestly not been paying attention?

Again with the insults, please refrain from insulting.

I’ll refrain from insulting you when you stop posting terrible ideas. When you whine and demand nerfs to smart PvE players just because you suck at EVE and can’t compete with them you will be criticized.

You’re the one who tried to tie your “MORE FARMING ISK” whine thread to the DDoS attacks. If you don’t want that argument criticized then don’t make it.

?

Yes you did. You said that as “compensation” your farming buff should be moved to a priority, which means putting something else at a lower priority to make time for it.

Or make it equal, but I don’t see constant new releases of content, not sure if its because highsec is at a backburner or other reasons.

Uh, everywhere? Have you honestly not been paying attention?

Citations of CCP saying this is a PvP game and that all other gameplay styles are inferior, as your stance is.

I’ll refrain from insulting you when you stop posting terrible ideas. When you whine and demand nerfs to smart PvE players just because you suck at EVE and can’t compete with them you will be criticized.

Doesn’t work like that, if you insult then why should I care if people like yourself get an improved gameplay? Your hostility simply divides the playerbase and makes improving the game more difficult.

A good compensation I’d say for the inability to play for many players due to the recent and ongoing Ddos attacks is to revive the old style of PVE events.

Citations of CCP saying this is a PvP game and that all other gameplay styles are inferior, as your stance is.

Citation that 1+1=2.

Doesn’t work like that, if you insult then why should I care if people like yourself get an improved gameplay?

You shouldn’t, but I don’t care if you care that I get improved gameplay. You are farmer trash and everything you want is in direct opposition to good game design, you’re never going to support anything I want. So why should I give you even the slightest bit of respect?

Your hostility simply divides the playerbase and makes improving the game more difficult.

No, it makes improving the game easier. If farmer trash is divided and ragequits the game is improved. PvP players no longer have to listen to the incessant whine threads, and smart PvE players see a major increase in income.

I remember those events was fun both running them and hunting those running them in lowsec!

Bring them back but only spawn in low security space! Content for all

And for that they shall pay for plex and sell those plexes. Or switch to another game.

STFU sol.

I remember those events was fun both running them and hunting those running them in lowsec!

Bring them back but only spawn in low security space! Content for all

No, more content should be accessible for all regions of the game, forcing people to go into pvp zones is not a good way to encourage people to play the game.

And for that they shall pay for plex and sell those plexes. Or switch to another game.

Hmm, so you’ll be in favor of having people only make money through buying and selling plex?

if they don’t want to participate in PvP at all.

Don’t cut a part of my sentence.

I don’t see where I cut your sentence, so PVE shouldn’t be in your eyes?

the moment you remove the “for that” from my sentence.

If you don’t want PvP then you shouldn’t play EVE. And we shouldn’t encourage people like that to play a game that is in no way suited to their needs.

Eve is a PVP game by it’s very design, you undock and you’re in a ‘PVP zone’. If people don’t like or understand this then they are playing the wrong game and should try X4 or Elite Dangerous.

Self entitled brat.

Oh hey Sol. (according to Anderson) I’m Sol too! (according to Dracvlad)

Are we all Sol on this beautiful day?