Buddy invites for yourself using alts is it legal

Hi before I start im not promoting my buddy invite here just asking the legality of using buddy invite for yourself with multiple alts ive not attempted this yet im asking if this is considered abuse or is this allowed

I created my char a year ago and only started playing a month ago or so

Im not concerned about the plex just i dont want action taken against any of my accounts that was threatened in terms and conditions if abusing the buddy system should i just skip the 250k pts and make a regular account to be risk free im guessing making multiple accounts regularly is perfectly safe and having alts is fine as long as you dont play them at the same time
heres the warning from terms and conditions:
“The Recruit Program is intended for you to encourage new players to join EVE Online. Violating the purpose of the Recruit Program in any way or form is prohibited. Abusing the Recruit Program is considered an exploit and will not be tolerated. Violations of this rule will be handled by EVE Online Customer Support, and action will be taken against players who violate this rule (including, but not limited to, warnings or bans of the offending accounts and confiscation of ISK and other items).”

what you guys think and if everyone can please give me your input

ill be missing out on 250k skill points here and im sad if i cant get a clarification and input please

Yes, having you own alts use your own Buddy-invites does not violate any ToS/EULA that I know of, so it would be legal. Many players are doing it so why shouldn’t you be allowed to.

However, IF your sole purpose is to get the 250k SP injector and any item that may go along with it, would probably be considered abuse.

But im not aware of any rules against this either, and i know a lot of people who had like a hundred alt alpha accounts.

Its like saying “If your sole purpose is to dock into station without any ship, and farm the single tritanium that is handed out for free in your complimentary velator, it would probably be considered abuse”. And yet if i were to do it say, 10 million times, i would have 10 million trit, and i dont think it would be abuse, would it? Or would I get a mail from a GM saying that my Trit has been confiscated?

probably not, but it could cause unforeseen consequences; such as cause server instability or even cause bugs to happen.

I could see a chinese guy hiring 10,000 people just to do this all day. All they do is make an alpha account, undock, dock, take trit, destroy ship, undock, dock repeat.

1 Like

The new North Korean prison camps.

Nah. In north korea, why would they have you mine tritanium when they can have you mine real minerals?

Quoting from the Invite a Friend terms and conditions:

The Recruit Program is intended for you to encourage new players to join EVE Online. Violating the purpose of the Recruit Program in any way or form is prohibited. Abusing the Recruit Program is considered an exploit and will not be tolerated. Violations of this rule will be handled by EVE Online Customer Support, and action will be taken against players who violate this rule (including, but not limited to, warnings or bans of the offending accounts and confiscation of ISK and other items).

It’s against the terms and conditions of the inviting program, but I’ve never heard of anyone actually getting punished in any way or form for using it for alts.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.