Building Better Capsuleers

do not listen to them sisipi … psychologists who heard about eve in 2018, flew a little in space, and they think that all minds ate… I only listen to you sisipi, because you have been with eve since 2003…

1 Like

Who told that it is a tutorial ?
Who told it will be mandatory till the end ?

What you made up there is a disaster formula.

Why dont you ask details instead of assume things ?

how else am i suppossed to interperate this. You cant play the game till you garduate from school.

How long does that take? the current career agents are 46missions right? if thats not enough how then how many are we talking? 100missions before you can actual just go and play the game.

Im sure im not alone in saying if a game tried that with me id just uninstall :slight_smile:

Last legacy DEV CCP left in 2014 . Pcu 59k … we are going down since than …

Dont listen psychologists CCP ! Harward , Yale and all other schools wasting their time with these thrash stuff … you dont need to know those shitty schools shitty research and evaluations … keep swimming opposite direction !
Listen @Etch_Masuka

always :smiley:

I only listen to sisipi… no one else…

Are there plans to continue expanding the NPE in the next quadrant? It would stink to lose the momentum due to an artificial Quadrant boundary line.

Shameless plug for my simple litmus test: it would be great if the NPE would teach how to use D-Scan. Requested in NPE Mining Mission: Teach DScan To Avoid Death (I’m not attached to specifics of the proposal, just looking for D-Scan to be taught at all).

1 Like

I read the full article, sisipi, and am looking forward to these upcoming changes … good job sisipi!

Agree with everything else you say, but for this, it is like before (I believe). You set the filter to “Can train now”.

However if you want to also see the non-injected skills you now have access to, this filter won’t do, you’ll need to select “Have prerequisites for” and this filter will show skills train to level 5. But again, I believe it was like this before.

Well, they end with a fit using 4 fitting mods all dedicated to capacitor.

They highlight using a fitting mod before scaling back mods currently fitted.

They mention looking at the slot layout to get an idea of a ship should be shield or armor tanked using a rifter as an example. Not addressing its equal mids and lows only to move on to shield tanking it.

Then we have the “four pillars” that seem to be added just to make it sound neat? If you wanted to add something like that then it would be 3 pillars damage, tank, utility. If you had to have 4 then damage, tank, range control, utility. Capacitor is just a fitting component like pg or cpu it isn’t a corner stone of fitting.

This leads me on to my next point, whoever made this has never dealt with new players and their fittings. As opposed to warning them about common fitting traps they reinforce them. Things like over capping, or fitting an excessive amount of fitting modules. Not explaining basic naming conventions like enduring or compact.

You also have it claiming to be a fitting guide yet it is almost specifically a guide for pve fitting. Something that would be fine if they made that clear.

No mention is given to the most important aspect of learning how to fit. Asking others or using community sites.

Again the video was more about showing off how cool the games fitting tool was and built to get people excited about the game not actually teach them. It’s a marketing tool pretending to be a tutorial.

(Honorable mention is the raven flying by fit with turrets)

9 Likes

Easy to make “statistics” show what we want.
Easier still when using statistics from 6 or 7 years ago from a very different game meta.

4 Likes

The only difference to hs is now you don’t have to worry about war targets

Thank you for the changes.

I have further suggestions.

• Rehaul fitting. It is the bottlenet of getting into space. Although it sparks conversation I suggest either the Traning gives you fits, with the modules.

• getting outside help. The fitting should be best not second best to third party tools. (Implants, boosters, related skills are essential and missing. )

• how and where are you getting the suggested fits? You need to canvas more people. Or give us the chance to vote the best fits.

• fit from any hanger. Again perhaps you don’t understand one man corp of small corps that have a shared module hanger. For example block corps handout fully fitted ships. Small corps do not. Add a module hanger input and output.

• I feel that not everyone wants to train caldary to salvage. This should be race specific for example that races destroyer.

• Kill marks on loss mails. Imaging a few like the experience tree, except it is of the story one ship that killed 10. And the ship that it killed killed 30. The bragging rites.

• Contracts that are amazing - fuel my station. Pick up my pi. Run this escalation. Gank this player.

• Hauling missions that are just hauling. No pew pew. High level Hauling missions that include npc gate camps, bringing or jumping.

• broadcast for reps channel default open chat window.

don’t joke… some psychologists from Harvard or Yale tell the natives how to design video games?.. don’t listen to them sisipi, they are trying to manipulate you … today you let them tell you how to design your game… tomorrow they will tell you how you are to go fishing in the Atlantic…

That all went above my head. I assume the patch acomplished it’s goals because things sound good.

… yes they do.

It never will be. The in have tool is just meant to be something to use casually if you had something like pyfa in eve you would just end up overwhelming and confusing people.

Good God no, there is no reason for this.

2 Likes

True, you only have to worry about the 100% increase in gankers.
Many of whom seem to take great pleasure in ganking T1 haulers and barges, flown by -30 day old accouts.

Since the introduction of Alpha’s it is way too easy to cycle them for ganking, add to these the many bored bitter vets with too much isk and multiple accounts - Ganking is far more prevelant than it was a few years back.

I’m by no means “anti gank” it has a place, I just think the reins need to be pulled in a bit.

Calm down miner

And where did you get that statistic?

They refer to missions at the beginning, and when fitting the ship. But it would be good if they stated directly that this is a PvE fit.

Capacitor is definitely a pillar in my opinion. It is something to manage after you undock, just like the other pillars. And it’s something other players can attack, just like your tank, damage and mobility. PG and CPU are static once you undock.

You can think of it either way I guess, but their way isn’t way off base.

The high level of fitting mods is a bit much, but I still think it’s a good example of the fitting process.

Are there any new players in here who can give feedback on these videos?

Ok, so, questions about what’s in the article itself…

1. “The new has brought [. . .] a massive uptick in NPE completion rates!” How much of this is older players on new alts? Is there a meaningful way to tell, and if so, how accurately does it capture new alt accounts from existing players (as opposed to new characters on existing accounts)?
  2. Animated Aura. Honestly, that’s kinda creepy. There’s no movement in the small muscles of the face around the eyes other than the eyebrows (no movement in the cheeks, the ‘skin’ of the bridge of the nose, etc. I get what you’re trying to do here, but then, I get what Disney was trying to do with a digital Peter Cushing and Carrie Fischer in Rogue One, too.
  3. “Farther down the line, look forward to continued building on the narrative experience of the NPE through additional content, providing new players an engaging and enjoyable series of adventures!” Do you mean expansion within the NPE, or are you looking at new narrative content beyond the NPE, like limited-access narrative scenario missions, where a player or small fleet accepts a mission, and then goes into a narrative experience similar to the NPE, with voice acting etc?
    If it’s the latter, wouldn’t that require isolating that content from the rest of EVE, since the narrative would likely not be able to suddenly pipe up with ‘Captain, watch your tail, there are new capsuleers coming in. They may be hostile!’… or would it?
  4. Re: Skill Plans (and ship fittings): At some point, might it be possible to get Alliance skill plans and ship fittings able to be saved? That way the curation of those assets could be maintained across an entire alliance without having to duplicate the work across, say, 496 corporations. It should be obvious how streamlining the work of maintaining those assets would increase the number of players who get some use out of them (since 1 alliance-level person or group is more likely to put the stuff in than 500 different corporate-level groups).

I’ve got more, but I think those four are a good place to start.

Haven’t mined in years, I’ve also never been successfully ganked but that’s beside the point.
It isn’t a “statistic”, more of an observation from Zkill.
I’d be interested to see the statistics though, I doubt CCP would provide them.
You can peruse Zkill and get a rough idea if you are interested.