Came back after 3 years, help fitting couple of ships

Hello spacefliers, I really feel I needed to come back to Eve and, as titled, after 3 years first impression is really harsh (as usual). I`ll tell you in a few words my actual situation:

As far as I see, I`ve got two ships:

• Venture: I used to be a lot into mining, lately gas harvesting wormholes. I still want to use it for while cause of cheap price and it is does a good job. If you can remind me basic fits for that kind of task (scanning/gas harvest/salvage also?) I`d appreciate.
  • Vexor: quite new ship, I remember I used it just before Id been leaving Eve. I was so much fascinated of Drones that I decided to buy a Vexor to start some pve combat/salvage missions, just to have a break in between my mining stuff. I probably used to do lvl2 mission at that time. As said above, if you can give me a couple of hints on how to fit this beauty, Id appreciate.

For now, Im not doing an Omega account (is it the right term? I mean paid subscription you know xD) but Ill probably will in a few days, as soon as I feel comfortable once again with everything.

To let you know, I`ve got a lot of lvl4 skill and a few lvl5 skill although feel free to suggest me skill tree and maybe where I can go further from here (next ship? super duper goal? interesting activities?)

Thanks in advance boys and girls and I hope to see you in New Eden (again).

Fly safe!

P.S. and I didnt mention I had an alt as well, still havent checked on him (poor fella), I havent used him so much, I remember I made him for hauling and help myself with solo mining expedition and future business stuff, which I didnt do you might reckon cause I left after a couple of months since his creation. By the way, I guess he had already a few good skills trained :smiley:

This may have been posted into a different section to get any sort of response, I’m assuming this based on it saying you posted 3 days ago.
I’m an alpha as well so I don’t have all the answers but, I don’t think you can run two characters at the same time, you may have to alter which one is logged in to do anything, but I could be wrong.
You probably would get more, and better, responses if you posted this in the new citizen catagory.

Vexor is a straight-up drone boat, and pretty straightforward to fit. Here’s a basic layout:

[Vexor, Vexor fit]

Drone Damage Amplifier I
Drone Damage Amplifier I
Armor Thermal Hardener II
Armor Kinetic Hardener II
Medium Armor Repairer II

Omnidirectional Tracking Link I
Omnidirectional Tracking Link I
10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Medium Cap Battery II

Drone Link Augmentor I
Small Remote Armor Repairer II
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Medium Drone Speed Augmentor I
[Empty Rig slot]
[Empty Rig slot]

Federation Navy Hammerhead x5
Federation Navy Hobgoblin x5
Salvage Drone I x5

This one’s set up to fight Serpentis; you can tell because it uses thermal/kinetic hardeners and Gallente drones. If you’re up against a different rat type, you’ll want to adjust drone type and hardeners to match. Also, note the empty slots; the rigs can be whatever you want, the highs… most people actually those. Feel free to toss in a couple autocannons or a probe launcher if you want. Tactic with this is to orbit at a little less than your max drone control range and send in the Hammerheads; if one gets aggro recall it back to your bay, or just bring it in to orbit you and lay the armor rep on it.

As you skill and isk up, you’ll upgrade the modules to T2 or faction, likewise the drones. Eventually you’ll get a Vexor Navy Issue… extra midslot, iirc… and then maybe upgrade further to an Ishtar for more survivability.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.