Can alphas use cerebral accelerators?

See title of this post.

1 Like

Cerebral accelerators should be available for both Alpha and Omega Clones. The best way to know for sure is to check the item info box in-game.

They do have a set age limit for use.

Advanced Cerebral Accelerator
Bonus = +17 to all attributes
Duration = 7 days
Max Pilot Age = 168 hours

Prototype Cerebral Accelerator
Bonus = +9 to all attributes
Duration = 14 days
Max Pilot Age = 336 hours

Standard Cerebral Accelerator
Bonus = +3 to all attributes, +20% Damage to Laser, Projectile and Hybrid weapons, +20% Rate of Fire to Missile weapons
Duration = 35 days
Max Pilot Age = 840 hours

Edit:
Corrected duration info amount, it’s listed as hours, not days, etc.

1 Like

The standard, prototype and advanced cerebral accelerators used to be included in starter kits you could purchase from CCP. Those kits are no longer offered and the boosters are now basically collector items offered on contract.

They are different than the current event boosters in that they cease to function when the pilot reaches a certain age. 7 days for advanced, 14 days for prototype and 35 days for standard. So you needed to consume them the day you created your character for maximum benefit.

The current event boosters can be used by anyone. Duration is modified by the biology skill. The Guardian Angels accelerators expire tomorrow (March 20) at downtime however there will be a new Guristas themed event with new boosters launching at the same time.

Note that the accelerators increase the attributes that determine how many skillpoints you earn per minute - they to not increase the 5 million skillpoint cap that alphas can train. If you have more than 5 million SP as an alpha you need to use the daily injector which injects skillpoints while the accelerator only lets you train faster.

1 Like

This is what I needed - thanks.

What you’re talking about is the duration of the Cerebral Accelerators once they’re activated.

The age of the pilot dictates which type can be used:
Advanced Cerebral Accelerator works for 7 days and can only be used by pilots up to 5̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶t̶h̶s̶ old.
Prototype Cerebral Accelerator works for 14 days and can only be used by pilots up to 1̶1̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶t̶h̶s̶ old.
Standard Cerebral Accelerator works for 35 days and can only be used by pilots up to 2̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ old.

According to the data base dump there’s also suppose to be Blueprints available for manufacturing.

Edit: Mistook the numerical amount associated with Pilot age as days instead of hours.

We haven’t made blueprints for the Event-based Cerebral Accelerators since it seems like an unnecessary step. However, there are some reasons to have blueprints (it would be cool to get a 5 or 10 run BPC as a drop). The problem is that the accelerator has an expiration date, but the blueprints would not.

3 Likes

Wow, thanks for posting and yeah, that would be cool. Don’t really need an expiration date, a duration time limit would work fine.

Anyway, I understand and I wasn’t referring to the Event Accelerators, I was actually talking about the Standard, Prototype and Advanced Cerebral Accelerators. Course some items within the data base aren’t actually in the game. That’s why I said according to the data base dump there are supposedly BP’s available.

Yep. They are supposedly available, just never distributed. There might have been a reason but without digging further, I don’t know why it was made and never used.

Unless we make BPCs for the Event Accelerators, then it would be very strange if the BPC never expired but could make an item that had already expired. It’s not something that we’ve ever had to deal with and not something I plan for us to tackle quite yet. Like I said, there are some pros to having BPCs for Event Accelerators but the cons outweigh the pros at the moment.

2 Likes

Not according to CCP. The Standard, Prototype and Advanced accelerators expire when the character reaches 35, 14, and 7 days old respectively:

Seems I’m Incorrectly interpreting the ‘Maximum Pilot Age’ listed in the item info from Eve’s data base dump. It’s hours, not days.

Advanced Cerebral Accelerator Item Data:

Summary

Required Skills: Science 1
Volume: 1.00 m3
Maximum Pilot Age: 168
Booster Slot: 4
Charisma Modifier: 17 points
Intelligence Modifier: 17 points
Memory Modifier: 17 points
Perception Modifier: 17 points
Willpower Modifier: 17 points
Follows Jump Clones: True
Non-Destructible: True
Radius: 1.00 m
Mass: 1.00 kg

Prototype Cerebral Accelerator Item Data

Summary

Maximum Pilot Age: 336
Charisma Modifier: 9 points
Intelligence Modifier: 9 points
Memory Modifier: 9 points
Perception Modifier: 9 points
Willpower Modifier: 9 points

Standard Cerebral Accelerator Item Data

Summary

Maximum Pilot Age: 840
Charisma Modifier: 3 points
Intelligence Modifier: 3 points
Memory Modifier: 3 points
Perception Modifier: 3 points
Willpower Modifier: 3 points
Damage Multiplier Bonus: 20 %
Rate Of Fire Bonus: -20 %

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.