"can I bring my Drake?"

Not sure cross-training applied for BC… at least it didn’t matter when I started. There used to be just a single BC and single destroyer skill. When they switched those to racial BC and racial destroyer, you got whatever rank you had in the original skill in all of the racial skills. Not sure how much before the drake nerf that happened.

It was odd coming back to the game and having Amarr BC-4 without even having Amarr Frigate injected.

It was quite a while before the split. And the cross training included racial cruiser, weapons, and tank. All of which for the drake was super easy to do… you got that capital-quality tank without having to train any lvl 5 skills, and only a couple lvl 4 skills.

as far as amarr bc lvl 4, I’m not sure that should have happened. I thought the rollout was made to preserve available ships… if you didn’t have amarr frig you wouldn’t have amarr cruiser, so you wouldn’t have been able to fly amarr bc’s, so you shouldn’t have gotten the amarr bc skill. There was a rush to cross train all the faction cruisers to get the “free” skills.

Not sure how it was supposed to work. When I left I had BC IV. When I came back I had all of the racial BC skills to IV without any of the pre-reqs for the actual skill (I know Amarr in particular because I was training up to Amarr BS for a particular doctrine ship and had to train frig/cruiser to lvl 3 to train BS. I had amarr destroyer and BC to IV already because of the split. So I know I didn’t have the skills needed to train the BC skill that I already had.

The reason was stated: “what ship you could fly before the change you will be able to fly after the change”. That’s why you got racial skills ignoring prerequisites.

People use it because the vast majority of them are not funny, not original and love to hide in numbers. They fall back on known memes, copying others to try and fit in, thinking/hoping people perceive them as cool and edgy. They’re not, they’re just unfunny and unoriginal.

Same with trolling in Rookie chat: you’re not the first, the shitty gimmick you so cleverly thought up has been used a thousand times before. You’re not as entertaining or as intelligent as you hope you are.

1 Like

Yeah, but the other poster seemed to think I needed racial cruiser trained in order to actually fly amarr BC so was surprised that I got amarr BC/destroyer “for free”. I dont’ remember the requirements for ships back then. But I know I didn’t have any Amarr ship skills trained and I still got amarr BC for free.

Doesn’t really matter though.

Just to let you know, 100ab fit Drake are fun to fly.

I once shot a Drake for 20 minutes in a Fleet Stabber and eventually ran out of ammo, had to wait another 10 minutes as I maintained point for backup to come and finish it.
Found it:https://zkillboard.com/kill/21660863/

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.