Can't link support accounts

I’m trying to file a support ticket at support.eveonline.com, but when I log in it says I need to link my account with another one that uses the same email address. Fair enough, I do use the same email for multiple accounts, so I follow the directions to do that. When I click the “link” button though, I get this error:

{
error: "invalid_request",
error_description: "Some parameters are either missing or invalid"
}

This is clearly a bug in their support website. I filed a support ticket from the one account I’m able to log into (the one I tried to link to), but the ticket’s been open for a month with no response.

Anyone else had this issue, and is there a workaround?

For anyone else experiencing this issue, here’s the response from support:

Hi, GM Ix here,

First of all, I would like to apologize for the delay in this response, but we are currently experiencing a heavy load of incoming support tickets which has resulted in a slower response time than usual.

There is a known issue with the account linking process, the developers are aware of it and currently working on a solution.

The workaround, for now, is to log in to your second account as you already did, when you get the error message go back in the browser history to where you need to log into the second account, log one more time and it should now link your accounts.

Let me know if the issue persists or if there is anything else I can help you with.

Best Regards,
GM Ix
CCP Player Experience | EVE Online

Note that the “go back in the browser history” means to go back to the page titled “EVE Online Help Center Authentication Service”.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.