CAPSULEER VIES FOR GALLENTE PRESIDENCY

In case any of you are interested, I’m running an in-game Lore related event, running for the Presidency of the Gallente Federation. There’s gonna be some interesting stuff ahead. Stay tuned. For now, check out my campaign announcement speech below:

Today, friends, colleagues, and citizens of the Federated Union of Gallente Prime, we prepare for a new presidential election. As strong as our Federation remains, whoever leads us forward will face challenges like no others in our history. We are confronted by new mysteries as the Triglavians rise. Our Federal government has kept us in the dark. CONCORD has perpetuated a Tyranny of Lies, releasing barely enough information to puppeteer New Eden into submission. We face crippling corruption in the ranks of the Federal Defense Union. To fight all of these dire threats to our freedom, I announce my candidacy for the Presidency of the Gallente Federation.

We must stand together, and retake the reins of our democracy. We must overcome the bloated bureaucracy of CONCORD who has forgotten its fundamental responsibility to defend and protect humanity.

We are on the edge of a vast precipice of unknown dangers as the Triglavian Collective rises from the depths of the Abyss. The response of the Jacus Roden administration has been to bury the facts and information at his disposal, so that the voting public has no clue what is going on. We are asked to go into a dark room, wearing a blindfold, and cast our ballots, not knowing what true outcome will result from our choices. Information is the lifeblood of our democracy… This perpetual state of misinformation and obfuscation is truly a deep constitutional crisis for the Federation. Mentas Blaque and Thoun Gaterau must be held to account, with Senate inquiry into their operations, dealings, and whether the classification of key tactical information has put Federation citizen’s lives at risk.

Armed with the proper information about the Triglavians, we may begin to finally act. We may be able to initiate the means to execute effective diplomacy with the Collective. We may find common ground. We may find a way to bridge the great divide of space and time that has separated this long lost cousin of Humanity from New Eden. If we were able to resolve this situation, we could protect our people and our society.

Until such a time, we shall stand strong. We must remain ever vigilant of the lurking menace of the Caldari State. Lai Dai’s desecration of Intaki Prime, reveals the price of appeasement with the Caldari State. Had it not been for the Federal Defense Union’s rapid liberation of the Viriette constellation, the occupation of that planet would still be underway. We will continue to hold back the tide of Caldari Militia activity across the border zone. Only today the Gallente Militia forces liberated the Old Man Star system, and a broad tidal wave is pushing back tyranny from Essence to Black Rise.

We have seen however the deep inadequacies of the Militia Emergency War Powers Act. We must revoke the certifications of corrupt and incompetent FDU mission agents everywhere, and reallocate those valuable resources to territorial control and defensive operations, rewarding those that take the risk in the fight for Freedom over those that are there simply to scrounge ISK from the Federation taxpayer.

Finally, as the Amarr Empire appears to wish to relive the Dark Ages with a neo-feudalistic rebirth, we may see an ever increasing tide of violence and turmoil within the Minmatar Tribal Republic. As President, I vow to stand firm with our Minamatar allies, as I have in the past. We must join the fight to preserve the peace against an escalated Reclaiming. Freedom must be defended on all fronts, together, or most assuredly, we will all be bound in shackles separately.

My fellow patriots, we have the opportunity to make this change real. We have a choice. That is the birthright of all Federation citizens. But we must seize it. We must decide that what has gone before is not good enough. We need to change course, now, before it is too late. The election shall determine who defends us for the next five years.

I do not promise that the road will be easy. There are challenging times ahead. But as our forefathers strove to build a revolutionary idea amongst the stars, so too, shall we fight to preserve it. Fight with me. Fight for Freedom. Fight for the Federation we all hold dear.

Thank you.

Julianus Soter

2 Likes

My latest campaign speech:

Ladies, gentlemen, all citizens of the Federation,

The past month has been a challenging one for our people. War came with a fresh and intense outburst in the Placid Region, following renewed Militia invasions in the Amevync constellation of our home. Many hundreds of ships, and tens of thousands of lives, were sacrificed to hold the line against the Caldari State and their willing accomplices in tyranny. We must remain ever vigilant that such an incursion does not succeed, wherever it may take root.

I wish to express my utmost gratitude to the pilots, crew, and families that supported our successful defense of these star systems, and the continued defense of Federation Freedom in the region of Placid.

This great Federation experiment in Democracy is, as we unfortunately well know from simple attention to basic foreign events and news streams from The Scope, a fragile thing. A dear thing. Our democracy is unique. And it must be protected with the dearest resources available. Our Blood. Our Treasure. Our passion and our love.

We have seen recently new candidates enter the race for the Presidency of the Federated Union of Gallente Prime. Kelen Ontbad is doing… something, again. Shaileen Ramnev has stepped forward to offer her voice.

However, we must cast a skeptical eye to these perennial politicians. Suvio Bellaron, included. Do these once-every-five-years names truly represent the best the Federation, as a whole, comprising billions and billions of citizens, truly offers? Do their life experiences provide the sufficient, shall we say, ammunition, to deal with this very present and real danger in the ongoing Triglavian invasion? Do we just sit down, resigned to our fates, and pick one of three names, who have not lifted a single finger to raise us out of our current troubles of interstellar war and escalating post-Jovian satellite state interventions?

I say, no. We should not just settle for a set of names that were recirculated from five years ago, or a name that is soley focused around a single issue. We should press hard, and fight, and do all that we must, to raise our voices and say, NO. We should say NO to the political consensus of our times. We should say NO to the current trajectory of Federation Politics. We should take the rudder of our ship of state, and steer hard to avoid the collision we can so easily see before us. We must rise to this challenge, because it may be our last opportunity before the coming storm.

I’m asking for your support, friends, because this is our opportunity. This is the opportunity to fix what is wrong with our democracy. This is our opportunity to repair the damage of the past ten years. This is our opportunity to fortify and safeguard our society against a radically new and dangerous threat from beyond New Eden. I ask for your support, fellow citizens, to save the Federation. Work with me. Fight with me. And we shall, together, save this great experiment of ours.

Thank you,

Julianus Soter

Candidate for the Presidency of the Federated Union of Gallente Prime

2 Likes

Interesting. A candidate that openly calls for war and destruction to protect the Gallente democracy (putting Our Blood first and foremost), and for more money to be spent on war (putting Our Treasure second). Only as last point he puts Our Passion and Love. It appears as though this candidate does not know that war and money do not save or protect democracy; they erode and destroy it. Democracy is protected, maintained, fostered and developed by the people’s will, passion and interest in it, by them participating and exercising it, by resisting the call for more bloodshedding and war.

He calls for more scepticism against other candidates, when he should be subject to most scepticism due to such claims and speeches.

1 Like

SAY NO TO WARMONGERS!
SAY NO TO WAR!

1 Like

Blasters make for better BBQs anyway.

I thought only NPCs can do that.

https://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/world-news/galactic-hour-news-roundup-yoiul-festival-trading-and-talks-edition/

It seems that Julians is cleared as a candidate!

1 Like

I deeply appreciate the support of my loyal fans and the Federation citizens that have turned out for my candidacy!

1 Like

To quote the mighty Bender Bending Rodríguez:

Who are you and why should I care?

I’m not going to read through your propaganda ■■■■■■■■,
I want some hard facts.

This, for example, are hard facts.

Now tell me more about yourself!

I was thinking of taking up scepticism but I am not too sure.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.