Carrier Ratting Guide

Thanks for the guide OP !

1 Like

This is an overview of carrier ratting taken from this guide: Carrier Ratting Guide

Im about full Subcap trained…and tbh only capital ships that i like are carriers/fax thats it.

After checking out the skill set you just posted…it says at least on my case is gonna take me till April 2019 to be fully trained.

Whats the difference (tick wise) between t1 and t2 Fighters? Since its gonna take me at least 48days to be trained on Fighters V.

And do you really need JDC to lvl 5? (another 36days).

Thx

Hey @Stilgar_Teg I don’t know the specific values but I don’t think you’ll see a huge difference in ‘tick’ values using T1 Fighters vs. T2 Fighters but there is def an advantage using the T2s - I used T1s while training into the T2s.

I don’t know how your Corp/Alliance is run but with the Corps/Alliances I’ve had experience with JDC 5 is mandatory before you get into a Capital Ship - without it you won’t be able to keep up on any move ops.

Cool…gotta check it out about JDC 5.

Thx for your help!!!.

This is an overview of carrier ratting taken from this guide: Carrier Ratting Guide

Best to use an instant docking point right on top or underneath the citadel. Because if you warp of before fighters are in, in an emergency. you’ll land 40ish km from the citadel in tether range but unable to tether. If someone lands on you while fighters are still warping to you, you can be tackled and unable dock. The extra 40/50km you get from making the instant docking point can be a life saver in emergencies. As it gives you the extra couple of seconds you need to get fighters in and docked up safe.

anyone ever heard of carrier ratting + smartbombing ship for double the isk income? Not sure how viable this is. Some claim it doesn’t increase APM that much but increase your isk. Anyone ever try this setup?

What do you think about this fit?.

Its gonna be on Blood Raiders:

[Nidhoggur, Rateo Buffer]

Damage Control II
Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Capital Shield Extender II
Capital Shield Extender II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Pithum A-Type Thermal Dissipation Amplifier
Gistum B-Type EM Ward Amplifier
Pithum A-Type Kinetic Deflection Amplifier

Networked Sensor Array
Cynosural Field Generator I
Fighter Support Unit II
Fighter Support Unit II
Fighter Support Unit II

Capital Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Capital Core Defense Field Extender I
Capital Core Defense Field Extender I

Equite II x12
Equite II x12
Equite II x12
Templar II x9
Templar II x9
Templar II x9

another option could be swapping Gistum B-Type EM Ward Amplifier for a Pith X-Type EM Ward Field since i cannot find an A-Type Em Ward on my alliance market.

that will put me on 95.4% Cap Stab.
Em 81.18 % Thermal 76.3%.

Which as far as i know should be fine.

@Stilgar_Teg seems like too much tank, for normal anoms you won’t need that much. I’d much prefer to use some drone upgrades and try to get the fighters to move faster or apply better.

Unless you’re going for a bait carrier then ya… toss in all the tank you want! But in terms of a ‘strict’ ratting carrier that fit won’t get you the ‘big’ ticks

Hi, I did not really get how do you make 600mil per hour in lowsec, are you using agents or what?

Hey @DancingDemon - I would have to assume that @JohnnyTazer is running L5 Missions in lowsec to get that kind of ISK, I can’t see any other reasonable option?

Hi, do you guys kill dread spawn or you just switch to another spot? If you do should it be some other fit to tank dread’s damage? Thanks!

An npc dread can/will kill your carrier. I tend to just go get my own dread to kill it. Or you can ping friends/mates to swoop in and help.

1 Like

Hey @Sally_en_Chalune I’m with @Roci_Nantes - either get your own dread to kill it or call for some help. You can probably solo a NPC Capital spawn but it would likely take a long time.

Carrier Ratting Guide

I know this is quite a old post now, but fighters don’t have a tracking stat only optimal and fall off, so using using tracking script or unscripted Omnidirectional Tracking Link is not helping much

@Spiritu_Sancto Long time since you posted this, but the answer is you are using the wrong fighters. You want Fighter Bombers to apply your damage properly. Torp Fighters are for Capital sized ships.