CCP. Here is how to start healing EVE

they are doing their best

1 Like

Wow, that’s a lot of toxic responses for a post that has a lot of merit.
19 years playing eve, and here are my suggestions:
. Price is silly when ccp can make as much and more by halving the price, and offering discounts on multiple accounts. People will tend to keep 2 or 3+ accounts going which means more content.
. Raise cost of holding sov geometrically. own 2 systems cheap… own 100 systems and costs should be astronomical where even the largest alliances can’t do it. This has the effect of promoting the Corporation over the Alliance, which I feel is what used to make Eve great. Far too many perks for being in a massive alliance and it stifles the game.
. Promote the individual play style more. Make high-sec ganking more difficult by decreasing concord response times and availability of clone-soldier tags.
. Add back asteroid belts to npc null sec. Why remove something that people like for no reason.
. Get Creative! Thousands of ways to do cool things. One quick idea: Add a new ship slot type that can be fitted with a special ability module… for example, one special module may allow you to refit in space without having to anchor something… There’s very little creativity in adding another lame ship that does the same thing, or adding another event for doing more npc farming…
. Stop trying to squeeze the last drop of blood from the franchise because you think it’s dying. It WOULDN’T be dying if you’d stop squeezing the turnip and started being creative. Eve could easily last another 20 years with just a little more faith from ccp’s new owners.

7 Likes

So, you want to reward high sec, risk averse carebears while at the same time allowing nullsec krabs to go back to what they were doing in years past by minining 37 quadrillion units of ore daily under an alliance umbrella? No thanks…

5 Likes

Yup these highsec care bears are not good for the economy. Things have to go boom regardless of where you live

1 Like

But the idea of rising sov costs is good.but the BRM wont allow it.
Thats why the brm has to go

Lowering PLEX prices is what we need. The high prices place a mass damper on those trying to PLEX their accounts for Omega clones.

1 Like

Plex prices are fine, if not they could be higher. It is not going to be a grindfest to plex sandbox much longer, the changes are leading towards an mmorpg with faction war and the new points achievements that unlock the collectibles.

2 Likes

Jesus Christ, a subscription costs $20, 1-2 hours of work in almost any country, you spend many times more money on beer, cigarettes and other “unnecessary”. Why so much whining?
$20 is a big pizza (45cm) or a set of sushi rolls - just don’t eat any of this once and here’s a subscription for a month

5 Likes

Well, people still need to eat, so telling someone to skip a meal in order to pay for a game sub is kind of “cheating” in a sense. You can do it, but that kind of means you’re mixing up your priorities.

However, there are other options. For example, by opting out of having children and instead focusing just a small part of the time saved toward developing my skills and career, I have practically infinite money that I can spend on video games without having to sacrifice beer or sushi. For those who already have children, things are a bit more difficult, but still not without hope. These people can save a lot of money by not competing with their neighbors and coworkers to have that “picture-perfect family” by getting the best car or sending their kids to the best private schools. Hint: none of those things actually matter. Get whatever car uses the least amount of gas and has the lowest maintenance while still fulfilling your needs, and send your children to public school. It’s your parenting and their own intelligence that will make them into successful adults, and not an $80,000 diploma. Bam! Now you don’t need to “get permission from the missus” when you want to buy some EVE PLEX or a new PlayStation.

3 Likes

Spoken like someone who doesn’t have kids about to go into college:) I would kill for an $80,000 diploma these days.

Is it really a skill that requires an $80,000 usd degree to do?

Why would you be concerned about the cost of college. That is their responsibility should they elect to pursue it.

I agree with you on not making ganking harder. However without grass you have no sheep, no sheep the wolves have nothing to prey on but each other. That’s the issue, almost all the changes recently have led to less people in space flying around. That is not a good thing. The sheep in Eve are the players that tend to engage in PVE content over everything else. We either have PVE content that removes them from space (Abyssal runs anybody??) or have had the PVE content nerfed to the point its no longer worth doing over the other things. Without those players in space the PVP’ers and Gankers have no sheep to prey on and soon turn to preying on each other.

Simple fixes that I know will never happen.

1: Remove the key requirement for the reserve banks and instead make them Capital sites.
2: Go back to super ratting being a viable option to make ISK.
3: Remove Scarcity all together. We need folks out in space mining. Instead of removing ores add region specific ores. Aka to build an Amarr Titan or Amarr ships requires ore only found in Amarr space.
4: Add in more content for all play styles not just faction warfare. Your mission runners should have new Epic Arcs that can be ran both in all security space. Your miners should have new belts or other events that require the ore they mine to be turned in (at massive amounts at that depending on the reward) to gain certain things or unlock new belts.
5: Add in region specific things that who ever holds Sov in the region gains benefits including a passive income for that alliance. Make it easy to attack and worth attacking for the attackers.
6: Create massive player driven events like the trig invasion, maybe do a major event where the Eve Gate to Terra is going to be rebuilt by the SOE faction and requires massive amounts of fuel, minerals, ISK, PI and such. What ever alliance contributes the most gets first access rights or something including NPC alliances or corps. Few different things we can do with this. While yes Eve is a sandbox the world we play in needs to advance aside from the stories we tell. Just like a good DnD campaign the world progresses outside of the characters actions so should the world of Eve progress outside the actions of the players.
7: Make sure new engaging content is coming out every quarter.
8: The game is meant to be fun not a second job. Things that are tedious to do, like PI need to be streamlined so that they become something that is just something to do right quick while waiting for a fleet or a moon to pop ect.

Basically stop doing things that remove people from space and rather add things that encourage people to undock, go fight each other, go explore, and go do stuff as a group.

4 Likes

Abyssal runners are subject to PvP every time they undock or exit a filament. Abyssal runners get ganked on Zkill every single day. The good 'ole days of super ratting would only encourage more botting.

1 Like

I will take killing a botting super over empty systems. While botting is an issue there are better ways to solve it than remove players from undocking at all.

Yes abyssal runners can get ganked if they are not aware of how to keep themselves safe.

To each his own, I guess. If you are playing EVE simply to grind ISK, then you’re probably not having much fun in the first place. I have multiple accounts and still find a reason to log in every day. Whether it’s mining, running missions, raising standings, running escalations, industry, or punting AFK Orcas out of asteroid belts and ice anomalies, there’s always something to do…

2 Likes

Are you asking why I should be concerned about enormous, life defining choices that my children make? What?

1 Like

Personally I do it all, but heh bumping an Afk Orca off a belt and scooping their mining drones is always great fun. Yes there are things to do but when you as a game company actively make changes that remove players from space without adding in other things to get them to undock you are doing something wrong.

don’t forget my friend
life is short
sooner or latter you die
there is one point in life wen you begin to think more about your children’s and your children’s children’s than about you

4 Likes

nope.