CCP is at it again V2: Big Money Edition

Are you kidding or serious? It’s hard to know, sarcasm doesn’t translate well in writing.

Greed is good was something that came out of an internal CCP memo that caused an absolute shitstorm with the player base at the time. I was merely referencing that. I think it was tied up with monocle gate with WIS was introduced.

3 Likes

Oh yes! I can’t believe I forgot about that! :beer:

1 Like

Actually no, I can believe I forgot about that, what with everything that happened to me, it’s a wonder I remember my own name.

Cherry on top! Let me also pay plex for market deliveries to arbitrary locations plox

Didn’t know we had such an intimate relation. :slight_smile:

I’m just glad I stopped giving them money years ago. The direction this takes is seriously disturbing.

2 Likes

Scummy microtransaction ads targeted at newbies is actually terrible for player retention. I’ve never been on board the “microtransactions will destroy the game” train because most micro whales are morons who’ll kit out a marauder and end up in an ALOD article someday, and selling them skillpoints won’t change this. Advertising that’s so offensive it’ll convince real players to quit, though? That’s a huge deal.

2 Likes

This is not the issue i am loosing my ■■■■ over.
CCP forgetting ships is not the issue i am loosing my ■■■■ over.
CCP deleting ingame content is not the issue i am loosing my ■■■■ over.
Scarcity and ruining a reason to play between fleets is not the issue i am loosing my ■■■■ over.

BUT ALL OF IT ■■■■■■■ COMBINED AND CCP NOT GIVING A SINGLE ■■■■ THAT GETS ME LOOSING MY ■■■■.

I DONT CARE WHO IS IN CHARGE OR WHAT UR STRATEGY IS

BUT UNTIL U FIX THIS ■■■■ MY SUBS WILL BE DROPPING AND ONCE THE WAR IS OVER ALL MY SUBS WILL

1 Like

CCP, rándýr peningastefna þín er ógeðsleg. Vinsamlegast hættu að reyna að soga peninga út úr nýliðum. Vinsamlegast hættu að byggja leikinn til að laða að auðmenn sem skipta um skip með kreditkortum. Leyfðu persónum leikmannanna að vera með húfur og mála geimskip sín með Alliance fánum sínum og litum.

CCP, your predatory monetary policy is disgusting. Please stop trying to suck money out of newcomers. Please stop building the game to attract rich people who replace ships with credit cards. Let the players’ characters wear hats and paint their spaceships with their Alliance flags and colors.

2 Likes

As an avid Steam user I’ve spread the word to the Steam discussion forum as well about this outrageous subject. Because the more platforms they get called out on it and more people are aware of it the better.

5 Likes

wow thats the worst yet
instead of proper educating new players they want 5 bucks for a lost venture
not cool bruh

3 Likes

After the acquisition by PA the marketing is just going full tilt cash grabs and the monetization is one of the worst I have ever seen. Only thing to be done here is put it on blast on all streaming outlets, send messages to all the gaming magazines, and make a public outcry or they won’t change anything. Just how it is. Need to allow custom SKIN creations, approval, and sales.

You are running effective word of mouth advertising.

What in the world makes you think that people with the mindset that it’s fine to purchase temp skill packs, extractors, ISK, and SP are going to hate being able to buy a replacement ship?

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

1 Like

I don’t care about them if they are okay with being exploited so much they deserve their fate.

Jokes on you CCP; I’m all the way unsubbed for weeks now … Really I’m not even upset about ■■■■ anymore… I’ll just play something else while you guys destroy a one of a kind hobby that is EVE… The last couple years since “chaos era” EVE Online has become like a series of bigger disappointments overlapping eachother… I really have reached my “I don’t give a ■■■■ anymore” moment watching the EVE economy…

Fix the game, or dont; maybe try to cash out with aggressive cash grabs as you nerf all the in game income and raise prices by 4x normal… but I promise at this rate you are trashing this work of art and masses of people are about to hit the “I dont give a ■■■■” point… The game is basically serenity anyways… look how that turned out… well good luck…

1 Like

Your posts would suggest otherwise.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

I care for those who can be warned about the issue and will recognize it as bad and act accordingly and also to spread the word about the issue so more people discuss it on more platforms thus providing greater pressure against such practices.

i gave a lot of free 10 million fitted punishers to complete strangers
i find fun to do some practical helping to new players
they usually like it a lot
CCP should do it to ,

imagine a pop up to a new player …
lots your ship? that is normal , it happens all the time
have a free fitted combat frigate on us and go pew pew

so much better

3 Likes

Yeah I’d really hoped the launcher ads would be the limit to it, but it seems ccp has to integrate their bad deals into the client itself too now. Shame. I’ve been logging in less recently anyway, may as well pull the plug now and hope it makes a statement.