CCP is at it again V2: Big Money Edition

Can you offer more than anecdotal talking points to back that up?

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

1 Like

Iā€™ve been saying for years that they need to raise that 5m sp barrier to at least 10m.
You canā€™t go very far into skills before youā€™re at the limit.
I made an alpha account to work up to 5m. Took a couple months, but I got navigation, engineering, armor, shield, targeting and drones to alpha limit.
There wasnā€™t much left after that, without using daily injectors.

Alphas can explore and even do combat sites in wormholes. Alphas can also do Incursions/Invasions, Faction Warfare, combat sites/DED, null ratting, various types of mining, missions to L3, some manufacturing, some station trading, etc. etc.

Not to mention we utilize Alpha clones to for raising faction standings

2 Likes
6 Likes

Squishy is just mad, that for some reason or another, he couldnā€™t be apart of CSM 16 :stuck_out_tongue:

who cares! i stop pay money to ccp, when they sold 1.6mio sp for $. itā€™s always the same with ccp: dont trust what the say. wait for what they do.

And keep an eye on how they do .
In example here a screen shot made just a few ago in my wormhole.

Two times nonsense and one serious bug.
a) there is no uncloaking device in J-Space, so there is no need for the visualization
b) the ship is unclaoked, why the same display ?
c) still weeks after my bug report I have still two stabs in my Epithal, and both are working fine.

Iā€™m not really worried about this silly Ad.
I am pissed off , cos the waste their manpower for such a trash, as they had nothing better to do.

I run a small company for (PLC/Robotic-) codings and comissioning.
But if I would see that one of my guys release such BS, he would never touch a keyboard again, as long he works for me.
And I donā€™t mean the apprentice who did this.

@CCP: Just a humble hint:
If you change next time in a device-class a parameter from ā€œAnyā€ to ā€œsingleā€ you MUST enforce that latest with the next initialization[server restart] of your system.

4 Likes

Real money for skillpoints. Disgusting.

2 Likes

Tired of repeating it, but I guess CCP never learns. Stop selling skill points ffs.

1 Like

Have you been saying that since the Character Bazaar?

2 Likes

Yep.

Just got Factorio. If youā€™re an industrialist in Eve, give this game a go! Itā€™s available on Steam.

2 Likes

I like how they added the academy feature, and instead of actually using it they stick a super misleading mobile game ad in the faces of new players. Sounds like a surefire way to lose a majority of them over a $5 gain from a minority.

But the fraction they keep will be the ones with willing credit cards.

1 Like

CCP in later years have always been willing to sell their soul for short-term gain.

1 Like

You are a 13 year old capsuleer, so you know thatā€™s not true.

EVE started as a passion project and stayed as one for many years.

4 Likes

I was perhaps being unfair so I amended it.

2 Likes

And now I fully agree with you. They are indeed selling out as of late.

1 Like

I donā€™t think they are doing anything wrong by selling skill points like that. I think itā€™s great they offer those packs for players who want them and that players sell them for other to get without having to pay for them. I really enjoy that aspect of the game it makes it fair to players who maybe canā€™t afford to spend money on such products still have the opportunity to get them. I hope they continue to offer it and allow them to be sold to other players. Yes the other players who canā€™t buy these things may have to work harder but if your paying $230 dollars Iā€™d expect you get and boost especially at that price.

but PLEX is made for that
and plex doesnā€™t create millions of SP
you can eve sell plex and buy a skill injector from other player that grinded that SP
plex is fine, most of us like it , the new stuff not so much

1 Like

I thought the super fast training you got with the boosts was good enough several years ago. Perhaps selling skill points and adding the unlimited queue were just bad moves for the game. But would a company chose not to sell something that is making them money? And how many current players actually like this service?