CCP: Need to change how Cloak works

Well there and gone and done it KM. Sarcasm could not handle the strain. Its dead now. Hope you are happy. LOL

Iā€™m ok with this, you can be 149km away from someone and they can affect your ship just by locking onto you?

Yeah bollocks.

If theyā€™ve shot (and hit you) or youā€™re scrammed, then no, no cloak.

1 Like

So you want to give them another one?

And in what universe is this balanced game design?

Thereā€™s no other mechanic in the game (that Iā€™m aware of) that wonā€™t function when youā€™re locked.

Why should a cloak be any different? :thinking:

there is no other mechanic in the game (that Iā€™m aware of) that turns you invisible.

thatā€™s why cloaks should be different.

1 Like

As long as the mechanic that you canā€™t fire or target while in cloak, and keep the same recalibration parameters when uncloaking, I donā€™t think itā€™s a dramatic change.

yes I too see nothing wrong with invulnerable, uncatchable blops BBs

The other side of the coin:

I come through a gate and find a camp.
I uncloak (jump/gate cloak) to align and get targeted.
I have a cloak but canā€™t engage because I am targeted. Maybe by a ship 30-40+km away.
Iā€™m dead.

Nothing wrong with that either. :roll_eyes:

noā€¦ thereā€™s not.

you were outplayed.

you fell into their camp

the camp had an insta lock to counter your cloak.

you had fit your ship in such a way that a single mod being countered was enough to gg

thats not even close to

im losing best just cloak. why not just re-implement combat logging.

Why is this thread still going on? I already explained to the OP how it was a bad idea even before this thread was made (linked in one of the first responses).

Cloaking mid combat while targeted makes it way too easy to get out of a fight. Additionally, if used offensively in fleets, fighting in covops ships will become even more one-sided than it is now as every ship that gets focused can cloak up while the rest of the fleet keeps shooting.

Itā€™s a bad idea, please drop it.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s correct. Also your reflexes sound as bad as mine.

Instalock doesnā€™t mean insta-scram.

Depending on the ship Iā€™m in I may have 1 second align-warp. Iā€™m still warping away. Just not under cloak.

did you forget what you said?

You could have let this die.

2 Likes

Oh crapā€¦ Youā€™re right.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.