CCP re-releasing limited edition content

Collectors have lost $1000’s worth of plex/isk.

On the one hand, offering two similar but different wordings around the same kind of thing is a bit naughty.

On the other hand, youre daft if you believe anything someone wanting to profit off you has to say about anything.

Ok so “last chance” does not mean last chance. I’ll inform the oed, an entry should be made.

I am actually on my last chance warning for many things in eve. Mining bot goes brrrrr, once more :slight_smile:

While true, it’s also true that they operated under an assumption. They took a risk.

I honestly don’t care how much they charge for cosmetics because it doesn’t influence people’s enjoyment of the game. So if it means that they don’t implement P2W or anti-consumer monetizations, I’m all for it…

and they’re now renting SP to players.

Well, never mind.

1 Like

I think it best ISD close this thread, as others have said I should raise a support ticket.

Let CCP have their response in a timely manner.

I have no problem with CCP re-releasing certain stuff. It lets me catch up on stuff I might’ve missed while I was gone, like the Tempest Nefantar skin.

also, ibtl.

1 Like

They’ll do both, obviously. And then add something even worse on top of that.

At least in other games you can get decent cosmetic item packs at affordable prices, or at least have them be account-wide unlocks, instead of being bound to individual characters.

CCP pulling ■■■■ like this is the reason why I haven’t bought a single SKIN yet.

No they didn’t. They exchanged $1,000s for game items with no tangible value, as per the EULA/TOS and the fact they can’t legally be re-sold for cash.

“Legally”, sorry what law am I breaking selling eve online assets? You mean I am breaking EULA, woop woop, someone cal the cops, oh wait ccp stole all my police skins :(…

1 Like

How does that make everything about me?

I mean sure, if £4 is expensive for you then fine - you can call these SKINs expensive.

You’re a poor. Boohoo. Police SKINs are expensive.

But then hey, hurr durr lol troll meme inc … not everything is about you.

Maybe Police SKINs aren’t for poors. Perhaps the entire point is that their exclusivity comes from their expense (if we suspend reality for a moment and act like £4 is expensive).

I dunno what to tell you. Get a better job?

/shrug

ok boomer

ok poor.

Well no. The police don’t deal with matters of RMT in eve online. But I imagine CCP would have something to say about it.

A quick browse of ASA precedent judgments on advertised limited content suggests ccp will settle this within the community. Your head hunter post here is great & is near identical to a ASA precedent judgment, thanks.

Okay so, you know like when it’s 10 minutes to 11pm in a pub and a landlord shouts out ‘last orders ladies and gentleman!’ - you know he doesn’t mean last orders ever, right?

He’s open again the next day selling pints again.

By your logic you could accuse him of lying when he said ‘last orders’ the night before.

3 Likes

What logic? :joy:

1 Like

Orders end and restart date is explained on his licence perfectly. So sit down son, you can’t handle your beer.

Eve police skins had a clear “last chance” date, that was in 2019 & look again to the head hunter skins that one was even worse.

They’re limited issue skins. Limited can have varying definitions. If you want to keep pretending CCP said something they didn’t actually say then have fun. Or you can do the logical thing, accept that you made an incorrect assumption, learn from the experience, and move on with your life. FOMO gets the best of us all at times. That’s why they do it.

1 Like

lol. This gave me a good laugh.

1 Like