Certified Snuggly: My Experience as a "High-Sec Care Bear"

@tutucox_Khamsi Context. Only here cause you quoted me.

We’d be in agreement, but you’re arguing with yourself.

i had posted a aggressive post saying your idea is bollocks
but you are a good pilot, you may have a point
i just think buying 20 frigs and loosing is the best way
dont want to extend anymore o7

Yup. I’m not sure what you’re disagreeing with exactly. Have fun.

1 Like

you to :smiley:

Great post. Thanks for sharing.

Also for who anyone who hasn’t found out (like me) the hard way: Take the System Invasion warnings seriously. (Owwwwie)

1 Like

Yeah and also take the Standings seriously. I just recently lost a Golem to NPCs when I flew into a system controlled by a faction with whom I had hostile standings toward. I lingered a bit to long after the jump and they attacked me and destroyed me. Live and learn.

About that, what I am wondering, and please tell me if I am wrong, but what use does a Tracking Computer hve on a Golem?

yeah a target painter would be better, tracking to the best of my knowledge are for turrets

I was testing the Optimal Range Script. I have replaced that with a second Multispectrum Shield Hardener.

ok, was just wondering if they changed missiles to be affected=)

1 Like

I had considered a second target painter, but I normally snipe from more than 150km away and the painters lose effectiveness after 126km. I keep the one on there for those times when I just stay put and blast them up close. In those cases, having the second shield hardener is the better option. I’m getting well over 1000 DPS with just the one painter.

It doesn’t seem like you would have much need for shield hardeners on a PVE sniping Golem.

Although I snipe most of the time, there are occasions when I just land in a pocket, activate the bastion module and start unloading. In those situations, the shield hardeners are great. One the truly great things about the Golem is its ability to be fit for pretty much any scenario. It’s so versatile. I can jump 100km in a few seconds and snipe. I can stay put and unload. I don’t have to refit for those situations. I just do what I want, when I want. My current fit, one that I have used for a while now is probably the best fit you can have for it, in my humble opinion:

[Golem, Golem]
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System

Sensor Booster II
Pith X-Type Large Shield Booster
Republic Fleet Target Painter
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
500MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Large Micro Jump Drive

Salvager I
Federation Navy Large Plasma Smartbomb
Bastion Module I
Small Tractor Beam II
Cruise Missile Launcher II

Large Capacitor Control Circuit II
Large Capacitor Control Circuit II

Hobgoblin II x10
Salvage Drone I x5

You may be wondering what the microwarpdrive is for. I have been asked in the past. There are a lot of missions, like the Enemies Abound Series, where you land 30 to 40 km from the acceleration gate. The normal ship speed is crawlingly slow, 131 m/s. It would take about 5 minutes to travel 40km going 131 m/s. However, you kick on that microwarpdrive and your flying at 951 m/s. Suddenly, that 5 minute trip is now 41 seconds.

The Golem is a beast, so versatile and with the fit I have, I can do pretty much anything and everything I want.

I’m still a newbro- 2 years of playing, and I have fired ONCE in anger, and never killed anyone. II like being a nice person in a hostile world. Congrats on being a carebear- and before someone says “Git Gud” I must say that I realize I am part of someone else’s content, or playstyle, I like the fact that EVE is dangerous. I send Exotic dancers and wine to people who murder me, because I realize that they had fun, and I had fun trying to escape like an extra in a Mad Max film. I tell all the newbros I hand out free ships to that if they are going to be salty and whiny and angry when they get shot to cancel their subscriptions and get their Mom to pick out some Lego to play with. Carebears can be good sports, and fun opponents for pirates and gankers, it’s part of any civilization that there are carnivores and there are victims. It’s part of the fun!

3 Likes

Many years ago I was using a mining alt in a .4 system and “stepped away” for a second. Came back to my pod, checking the killmail I chatted with my “killer” asking why he destroyed my ship with 3 of his buddies… answer… “RVN=Random Victim Night”… at which point he gave me 50m isk and wished me good luck. Eve is fun, and many other players will share their experience and tips to be a better Care Bear or PVPer.

2 Likes

That’s the thing though, you’re not a carebear. An industrialist maybe, or just a peaceful player.

Carebears are specifically players who believe that you should be able to mechanically opt out of PvP.

5 Likes

In Jita this is commonly known as Tuesday.

Some in this thread are calling themselves carebears when nothing could be further from the truth; they are non combatant Eve players who accept Eve for what it is and adjust their gameplay to suit.

7 Likes

Oh! I did not know that! I honestly learn something new every day. I’m impressed that "carebear"has never been turned into an acronym, since, despite popular opinion that this is Spreadsheet Online, I actually have an unshakable belief that it should be called Acronym Online. I had to watch a year of EVE talkshows to understand what ANYONE was talking about. I apologise in advance if this reply is a non sequitor- I’ve been mining for 16 hours straight. The rocks are starting to speak to me- and I LOATHE mining.

2 Likes

You can also extract ore from the NPC mining fleets.

1 Like

I too have had my ship replaced by the guy who killed me, AND he flew CAP for me while he let me salvage my own wreck. Reports of EVE players not being chivalrous, erudite, and generous have been greatly exaggerated. And BTW, the gentleman that did that for me was named Alan Loz, and he’s one of the reasons that I kept playing with more and more dedication to the ideals of the game as a newbro.