Change bonuses to transport ships

Just to confirm (quick pyfa warrioring) that it would appear his tank wasn’t ‘active’ as according to pyfa with everything turned off that fit has ~33k ehp, tornados do ~10k alpha ea (rule of thumb) , so 4x is sufficient to kill it… if he’d turned on the hardeners the ehp jumps up to ~54k, so 2 more tornadoes would have been required… but with the ~1bil of loot that dropped it still would’ve been worth ganking :slight_smile:

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

Armor bonuses apply at the end of the cycle so it’s possible the tank was running but he died before the first cycle completed! Pyfa tells me a faction 800mm plate increases armor by 50% while adding half a second to align time - I have an Occator and will see if I can fit a plate and still boost into warp with a single pulse of the AB.

I used MWD/cloak while living in Catch and it works - I’m still flying those ships - but I don’t think the reduction in risk is worth the increased workload in highsec, at least for the cargo I haul. I admit that’s subjective - people have different tolerance for risk.

This is true, however if he’d had his hardeners active it would’ve required 2 additional tornadoes to nuke it in ‘one’ hit (which was my initial assumption)… I’m not sure on the cycle time of large autos vs a medium rep… would be interesting to see if you’d get any reps off before the 2nd volley hits! :slight_smile:

Which I guess is also the issue with the heated invulns… knowing they need to be heated is… situational :wink:

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

I find it fascinating that the devs would grant this enormous overheat bonus for active modules to a ship that requires a decent passive buffer tank to survive long enough to get any benefit from the active modules - you know they knew!

For completeness, the Occator with an 800mm Fed Navy plate still warps off a gate with 1 pulse of the AB. It may be a bit slower at the station dock but not noticeable.

1 Like

The ships are not balanced towards HS.
Ships are balanced towards NS. Otherwise all T1 ships would be balanced to have the same ratio DPS/isk

So out of HS, the buffer is useless because Concord is not there and actual repping is mandatory.

What would actually be useful in both case, is a flat bonus to resist.
At most, the bonus is 37.5% rep more, so that means a total 27.3 % resist bonus would achieve the same thing for active tank, while still providing +37.5% ehp more for passive tanks. so replacing the +7.5% bonus to repping by a +5% resist bonus, per level, would achieve similar result (yet lower : +25% resist is actually +33% ehp and rep instead of +37.5%), just actually useful in HS for people who know what they are doing.

1 Like

I personally wouldn’t feel comfortable taking the hits to mobility and EHP, but your analysis seems sound and meets your needs so I can’t really argue with you.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

(I do the AB/iStab thing with my Impel as well, along with a MWD/iStab on Orcas.)

No, the buffer provides the same benefit as it does in HS… if you don’t have help available that’s not the fault of HS/LS/NS/WH (i.e. whatever system you are in).

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.