Please Critique my DST Fits (Impel/Mastodon)

I fit for the burn back to the gate, since I’ve found it’s the only way to turn a bad camp into a win… otherwise the MWD + cloak or inherent +2 core strength tends to be sufficient. What can I do to perfect these:

[Mastodon, Heavy]
Damage Control II
Capacitor Power Relay II
Capacitor Power Relay II
Capacitor Power Relay II

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Medium Ancillary Shield Booster
Medium Ancillary Shield Booster
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II

Improved Cloaking Device II

Medium Semiconductor Memory Cell II

Nanite Repair Paste x129
Navy Cap Booster 50 x79

[Impel, Heavy]
Damage Control II
Shadow Serpentis Multispectrum Energized Membrane
Shadow Serpentis Multispectrum Energized Membrane
Centum A-Type EM Energized Membrane
Centum A-Type Thermal Energized Membrane
‘Meditation’ Medium Armor Repairer I
‘Meditation’ Medium Armor Repairer I

NEVER fit active reppers on your DST.
They have a bonus for it, ignore it.

go passive and armor/hull tank. Take the rigs to boost hull, it will be a major boost on ehp.

I do notice carrier neut tends to kill my reps but I’ve made it back in time about 50% of the time. I hear what you’re saying. So like these?

For HS/LS:

[Impel, Passive]
Core C-Type Kinetic Armor Hardener
Core C-Type Explosive Armor Hardener
Core C-Type Thermal Armor Hardener
Damage Control II
Core C-Type Thermal Armor Hardener
Core C-Type EM Armor Hardener
Core C-Type EM Armor Hardener

50MN Microwarpdrive II
Federation Navy 10MN Afterburner

Medium Trimark Armor Pump II
Medium Trimark Armor Pump II

And for null… i.e. the longer time consuming runs where I’m not going to bump into carriers and the main concern is giving the odd 4 point stiletto the slip:

[Mastodon, Passive]
Damage Control II
‘Halcyon’ Core Equalizer I

Gist X-Type Explosive Shield Hardener
Gist X-Type Kinetic Shield Hardener
Gist X-Type Thermal Shield Hardener

Improved ‘Guise’ Cloaking Device II

Medium Core Defense Field Extender II

^ CCP Are you paying attention?

2 Likes

This is what I have been using to move stuff around 0.0 , lowsec and j-space . The only thing that can give you a bad day is an instalock HIC. AB is there just so you can take warp faster (1 cycle):

[Mastodon, Mastodon]

Warp Core Stabilizer II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Reactor Control Unit II
Damage Control II

Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
Burst Jammer II
Medium Micro Jump Drive

Prototype Cloaking Device I
[Empty High slot]

Medium Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II

I know that I shouldn’t but that one time it saved my Bustard and I watched that poor ganker explode by CONCORD’s wrath.
Though that was in highsec.

As always - it depends.

I’ve had the same experience in an Impel.
In high sec space I agree an active tank is viable - especially if overheated.

OP: fit for the MWD/Cloak trick - that’s a very useful move for a DST. Not being caught/spotted is better than trying to ride an attack out.

1 Like

You’ll be neuted dry or alpha’d before you realize.

Especially in HS an active tank is worse.

If he talks about burning back to gate, that means he’s not in HS. So he is bubbled the moment he cloaks and then decloaked by an inty or a succubus.

2 Likes

The second you are scrammed, that MJD is useless. Your fit honestly looks like the kitchen sink to me.

I have to ask, have you slipped an inty scram + carrier neut gang with this fit? That’s really the most common issue with low sec exits.

I usually burn back to HS gate when accidentally entering LS into a bad camp. If out-pointed, is literally no other option. I have slipped an attempt or two while fit with +5 core stability, but the drawbacks of using all those lows don’t seem to be worth the small amount of times your only issue is a dual scram interceptor with no backup, bubbles etc.

you can’t fit for stupidity.

3 Likes

I have found myself scrammed and in a bubble in j-space , yes. The burst jammer saved me, then I managed to MJD out of the bubble and cloak.
Regarding your lowsec carrier + instalock HIC camp , you can scout that , even if you don’t have an alt , you can still leave your ship in the hisec system near it and jump in lowsec in your pod and scout 1-2 systems , then come back . There’s also zkill and other tools that can help with those , even the statistics tab from the in game map.

[Mastodon, TRANS Mastodon]

Damage Control II
Power Diagnostic System II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Pithum A-Type Explosive Shield Amplifier

[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

You are pretty safe from Tornados and Catalysts, if you dont move huge amounts.
If you know what you are doing, i would switch to Cloak MWD nano stuff, but this should be an ok braindead highsec solution.

[Occator, TRANS Occator nano]

Damage Control II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

Medium Micro Jump Drive

[Empty High slot]

Medium Engine Thermal Shielding II

Much harder to catch, pretty much no tank. Thats what i fly.

There isnt a single correct fit in this discussion xD I look forward to suicide ganking you all very soon.

1 Like

Impel, never use hardeners, use poly and hyper T2 rigs to increase warp speed, align speed and velocity/acceleration.

There are other tricks you can do to improve survival of the impel, but you’ll need to think about how to make it harder to kill or web, once you get your head around that you’ll be able to fly impel through without need to cloak or even use the MWD/Cloak trick through lowsec.

Don’t listen to this guy. You should literally ALWAYS be using the MWD/Cloak trick if you’re hauling 1b+ Just because you get away with it a few times doesn’t mean you won’t get burned. There are multiple gankers with 20+ accounts that can blow you up no matter how tanky your ship is.

3 Likes

I think the fit for HS is much different from the fit for LS.
in LS you can MJD cloak. in HS you need to have max EHP and MWD trick to avoid being scanned.

so unless your fit is specifically for one of those, the fit may be usable or not …

1 Like

Ideally it doesn’t matter if you use the MWD/Cloak trick or not, it’s intelligent that saves you, if you can tell how many players in a system you can figure out if you have a potential to be ganked if you enter a system. And there are multiple ways to do this.

A badly time MWD/Cloak trick will make you an instant lock target, many people forget MWD increases your ship signature by 500%, meaning if you stuff up you cloak activation every ganker have a massive bonus to locking speed and weapon hits/damage. This is normally how the MWD/Cloak trick fails, if you can get it done perfectly then you great.

But it’s a personal choice how you fit an few DSTs.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.