Change to war dec mechanics

Highsec wars will almost always be asymmetric - predator/prey. You rarely see highsec PVP groups fighting each other. A look at the MER also shows that 7 of the top 10 regions for destruction are in empire space. If you play Eve for the economic simulation you will recognize that this destruction is essential in a player driven economy - things don’t wear out or go obsolete so who would buy the stuff we make if it didn’t blow up?

You win an asymmetric conflict by denying your opponent their victory conditions - as prey, we learn to survive and then to thrive in a dangerous world. There is a lot of satisfaction in that.

As mentioned in my previous post, the only real issue I have with the wardec system is rookie griefing. I have no problem with discussing improvements to the system - the biggest room in the world is the room for improvement, but be realistic - highsec wars are never going to be consensual contests between equals! Edit: except RvB!

I can not look at it now, so I have to ask: Is that data based on ISK destroyed, or on ships destroyed? I ask, because “ISK destroyed” does not tell how much destruction is taking place, but how much value is being destroyed.

Thank you.

Oh no - changing wardec mechanics again …

I can see that a high-sec war would have more meaning when really fighting over something other than just killboard statistics and some loot from ships/structures.
It might also add realism if it would require to fabricate some casus belli like in a few strategy games.
And after the war the winner could get the prize if he manages to win decisively (however that would be determined).

But this isn’t about being historically correct. The wardec mechanics are simple. Anything else would complicate things unnecessarily. Changing them no matter how would always have a negative impact on the way things work right now.

In short: leave the mechanics be.

It would not change anything. Tying wars to objectives does not change that some, or even many, people will not see the point in fighting back against the “big groups with tons of SP”.

There will still be people who will be whining about how they can not defend themselves, or how it is unfair that they have to, or how they have no chance anyway. Some might even be right under certain circumstances. Threads like this one will still emerge, certain minorities will still exaggerate non-issues and as always nothing will have changed at all.

History is something worth learning about, otherwise it will just repeat itself over and over again.

The chart is destroyed value. Ships, structures, contents, etc … ISK is never destroyed - it can be removed from the game through taxes, purchases from NPCs, GM actions or other sinks but usually just changes wallets.

Why not just grow a pair and play in NS or WH if you want to fight over structures?

Oh right, IC, the whole structure part is just an excuse to gimp war dec to make HS more safe.

Thank you for clearing this up. It is an important detail to consider.

It puts this quote …

… into a more appropriate perspective.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.