Changes in the energy consumption of Ammar laser ships are needed

Not at all, what you sacrifice is ease of use. Laser ships (and Amarr in general) just require more effort to work with compared to missile/drone/shield ships. Again, the abaddon isn’t a great mission ship but IF you’d want to use one it’d be something like this:

[Abaddon, Abaddon fit]

Core C-Type Large Armor Repairer
Corpum C-Type EM Energized Membrane
Corpum C-Type Thermal Energized Membrane
Corpum C-Type Thermal Energized Membrane
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II

100MN Afterburner II
Tracking Computer II
Tracking Computer II
Heavy F-RX Compact Capacitor Booster

Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II

Large Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Large Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Large Energy Discharge Elutriation II

What the heck is this thread and why am I laughing so hard.

4 Likes

I dont want to nit pick but you sacrificed a midslot which could be used for a web or another tracking computer which translates to dps applied

it’s an option. Thing is that with two TC bigger stuff up close still melts and small stuff you’re going to miss any way and that is what the drones are for. I’d much rather have the fit focus on doing things right than trying to deal with stuff when you’re piloting and prioritizing wrong.

It looks like you dont understand. Every advantage has a drawback. Blasters have high damage but low range, rails have high range but low tracking, autocanons have, among other, no cap drain but low optimal, arty has high alpha but low rate of fire. I am simplifying a bit but every weapon system has a drawback but you can use mods to mitigate those drawbacks

1 Like

This is factually incorrect, rats do NOT have unlimited cap, it it just that their weapons do not require any. You absolutely can cap a rat out and not receive any additional cap until it is allowed to recharge.

Additionally, capping out a rat will reduce it’s rep chances although it won’t eliminate it all together.

Newer NPCs like trigs can be properly neuted out to shut down their mods.

1 Like

Not that i dont believe you but i would like a second opinion on this. It could be they changed this with the introduction of trigs if its true that they can be neuted. I wouldnt know, i never did much pve but i know nosing rats was an option back in the day. Also if I remember correctly it wasnt literally unlimited cap but it was high recharge delta coupled with low capacity

I tested this on multiple occasions on fw rats, the idea was if you can neut them to prevent reps then you can bypass the dps threshold, it never worked. It could be that fw rats are coded differently

I’m with the OP.

I love laser boats but it’s always a struggle with the CPU and getting a good balance between damage and armour.

It’s why lvl5 Large Projectile turrets are nearly finished, simply so that I can use better cap stable ships.

Trigs can be neuted, they can have zero capacitor. That is why nosferatus can stop working on them at some point., but its usually enough time to kill one before the cap is drained.

There definitely is an imbalance compared with ships like Nightmare, with longer endeavours such as station bashing. My most cap stable ship for that job is probably the Drekavac…with Nightmare coming second. Amarr ships are not that much of an issue…if one just fits a cap booster. Also, unless one is in a really desperate hurry to finish off a station then one can just use Standard…which seldom depletes all of cap.

In any case…I don’t understand the logic behind wanting DPS reduced, rather than capacitor regeneration increased. You can reduce the cap usage yourself by switching ammo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s your fit. How much can you do in a minute and a half with a crutch in the form of batteries? I think not.

But, clean Amarr ships only with turrets and damage mode:

Abbadons on Tachyons are not even enough for the basic power grid. And let me remind you, there are no other modules here!
For comparison, other ships:

Is everything okay, is nothing confusing? Therefore, if you continue to say that there is no such fit, put additional crutches, these are such ships, this is Ammar, you get super bonuses in the form of range and top similar nonsense, then you are either “alternatively gifted” or trolls. That in the first case, that in the second there is no point in talking to you, no one has written a single sensible objection anyway.

1 Like

You forgot cap batteries, it happens sometimes

1 Like

First of all: stop adding conflagration as it has no range while you have no speed and it tracks for crap, it’s an unrealistic scenario. Xray will give you a decent 30km range with lower cap use and if you need more range you can use Scorch (but that increases cap use again). Secondly, you won’t be using all the modules all the time, if you want that sort of low effort gameplay you should have trained for a Rattlesnake.

Most importantly, check the fit and then check it again. Like actually check aaaalll the modules and perhaps you might find something where you go “aha!”.

No comment, I’m already tired of explaining.

translation
i’m right, you’re wrong.

2 Likes

Sorry i mixed up the terminology. I meant capacitor booster charges. That mod uses charges like ammunition, check the info of the mod and see what is the largest charge that fits in to that mod. Although i think you shouldn’t be using the largest in this case, im not sure what the meta is these days, i think navy 800 booster charge is enough.

Also please send me 100 mil for spoon feeding you information

2 Likes

@Cyberius_Mnemon As an (somewhat roleplay) Amarr-Only player who has every Amarr ship on Mastery V and having flown most of them for quite some time, I can ensure you that Laser Weapons are pretty fine as they are. Amarr Ships are usually designed as Fleet Platforms for their unique ability to instantly switch to any range required and remarkable passive tanking abilities, thus offering the by far best damage-projection in combination with quick target switches. As a downside they consume much energy and have a rather bad closerange tracking. Both things you can adapt to via fitting, positioning and fleet composition, of course you can’t have it all, so sacrifices have to be made.

3 Likes

Yeah, I can send you 1 credit. You and Aisha Katalan, who suggests Abbadon to insert Large Energy Discharge Elutriation II, instead of accelerating the pumping of energy or increasing its capacity. The “experts” were helping, to say the least.

Sounds like you still haven’t had the “aha” moment, that’s ok.

The experts don’t open a thread talking about fitting an MWD onto a Nightmare.