Want to have fun with lasers

Hi guys

I seem to have gained alot of knowledge on torpedo’s missiles and missile ships and various type of ammos, now i want to play and have fun with lasers, I’m hearing lasers are even more complicated than missiles . In short last i used a laser ship was my trustee harbinger when I started 15 or so years ago with lasers.

Some input on what is a good laser ship to play with and what’s best laser guns to use for example? like rattle with rhml or cruise missiles and sentries, barghest with torpedo’s… gnosis with hml and so on. can you guys give some examples of ships and what setups to use for 50km preferably 60km lasers high dps? providing that’s possible as I hear lasers and not good long range?

Regards
Jiggzy

then make sure you have good skills to amarr hulls. also capacitor management and weapon upgrades cause they eat a lot of cap and power. if fighting PVE against blood make sure to counter their tracking disruption.

2 Likes

I do pretty well with the following fit on an Apocalypse Navy Issue

Large Processor Overclocking Unit I x 2
Large Energy Locus Coordinator I

Mega Pulse Laser II x 8

Heavy Capacitor Booster II
Large Micro Jump Drive
Tracking Computer II x 2

Damage Control II
Multispectrum Energized Membrane II
Reactive Armor Hardener
Large Armor Repairer II
Heat Sink II x 4

With Navy Standard crystals I can manage 656 DPS, and with both Tracking Computers running range scripts I can reach out with those crystals to 80 km. Scorch, of course, does much more damage at longer range, but those 8 Mega Pulse’s are capacitor hogs even with Standard crystals in them, hence the cap booster. (The Navy Standard are just what I had fitted when I looked in at the fit.)

I have this ship tanked pretty heavily too. I could easily drop the Damage Control or Membrane and put in Tracking Enhancers to get more range, or another Heat Sink to eek out a little more damage. I haven’t looked at what can be done with beam turrets on the frame. Sorry.

If you want even more range and damage, then go with the Paladin, but seriously, that’s overkill for most PvE. I don’t even like using my Paladin much because it basically burns everything down before you’re really good and settled into the fight.

1 Like

you can remove the DC, one heat sink.
You can use an elutriation rig to reduce the cap consumption of guns.
also you should replace the cap booster by a 100MN, because with range you don’t need to use the armor rep.
to save CPU you can replace MEM by a plating.

fit me baby one more time
[Apocalypse, PVE PULSE v2]
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Large Armor Repairer II
Heat Sink II
Multispectrum Coating II
Reactive Armor Hardener
Multispectrum Coating II

Large Micro Jump Drive
Tracking Computer II
Tracking Computer II
10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner

Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II

Large Energy Discharge Elutriation II
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I
Large Energy Discharge Elutriation II

Infiltrator II x5
Acolyte II x5

Multifrequency L x8
Conflagration L x16
Scorch L x16
Imperial Navy Multifrequency L x16
Imperial Navy Standard L x16
Optimal Range Script x2

conflag 920@28+21
scorch 570@79+20
standard 470@56+21
+drones for webifier.

2 Likes

I’m going to have to try the suggestions. Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.