Changes to the Developer Agreement

As seen from Reddit: Reddit - Dive into anything

blog post: Updates to the Developer License Agreement - 2017-10 - EVE: Developers

TL;DR: Standalone application developers had to leave their pants down for all the world to see. The agreement has been changed so that users bear responsibility for their own misdeeds.

This is the wrong solution.

I just signed into the Developer portal with one of my Alpha accounts and received the following (as expected):

1. Invalid Account
    Your EVE Online account is not valid for the purpose of registering as a developer. While your EVE Online account may be valid for play, developer registration requires that you have paid at least once with one of our valid payment methods other than PLEX as well as verified your email address.

In other words, the agreement changes do bupkis for Alphas and those Omegas that have only PLEXed their accounts. Just the wording makes me think even time cards won’t even qualify.

So now what?

It seems like CCP’s got a real hate boner for API keys but that’s what works. Heck effectively that’s what the Agreement changes do anyway. Stop reinventing wheel.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.