Chaos Era Continues - Cyno Update

“Ganktarding needs a nerf, let’s buff it!” - CCP.

So glad I paused my sub the moment blackout started, and I’m not paying for this idiotism.

1 Like

Good.

Good and bad.

The unkillable cynos lit on a tankfit Fax or super or whatever was never good gameplay. It was frankly just too easy. The moment you got one cap through the first cyno, you had an unkillable bridgehead. This deals with that issue quite nicely…

… except your point remains valid. It means escalating a conflict is going to be a nightmare on a contested grid, and at the absolute very least it’s going to mean cap forces jumping in scattered on different grids throughout escalation.

I think it’ll be fine, in the end, as player groups adapt and exploit these vulnerabilities both during defensive and offensive operations, but it sure as hell will increase the chaos factor during escalations. No more “two giant deathblobs on a cyno each” on one grid kind of thing.

This is too new to say for certain, but I am leaning towards this being eventually a good change for the game. It’s just going to require more work to make sure it hits the large established groups as strongly as it does the smaller groups. They also need to vastly increase the vulnerability of larger groups (Delve anyone?) because this change does make it that much harder to hit once they’ve adapted and injectored new recon cynos everywhere.

4 Likes

Alright so with the adrenaline dying down. Let’s actually look at some crap that could make this not kill the game.

1. Add T3Cs, Hictors, and Dictors to the list of cyno capable ships. That way you still actually have a reasonable chance of killing supers and you don’t completely ■■■■ the current usage of T3Cs.

2. Consider giving it back to some capitals (maybe FAXes and titans). The lack of hard cynos affects far more than just save fleets, it makes it incredibly difficult to sustain a capital or supercapital fleet without something that people can reliably jump to. Without this change any fight of this kind is going to devolve into a contest of “who can alpha more recons before the enemy can jump in.”

1 Like

Please all you unsubbers: Don’t forget to BIOMASS!

5 Likes

Could have just made it that you couldn’t fit a cyno to capitals or frigates, but no, you have to make it so we can only fit them to the 200 mil plus ships. Don’t look now but your stupid is showing

5 Likes

Hey, can you not?

I haven’t said anything on the forums in over a year, I’m more of a lurker but why would you prevent people to make a proper response fleet?

Basically, if you’re on the defense - get fuc-ked. Rorqs? Worthless. Mining? Lol. Krabbing? Not even.

I’m hoping there really is an end to this chaos erA

This doesn’t fix the issue. This is going to make the issue WORSE. This is the beginning of dread-bombing meta because there’s no way you can stop it.

What a joke.

On the bright side, WoW classic is coming out in just a couple weeks. See you guys there!

3 Likes

stupid idea, so I spend 1 year of gameplay for nothing?
just n/c…

3 Likes

The Rorquals had their arms and legs cut off, their mouths sewn up and parted their buttocks.

5 Likes

Is this Fozzie cyno

3 Likes

Instead of an interesting, well thought out, and slowly( to test it) implemented system to counter capital proliferation we get this trash. Suggesting this change would reek of incompetence, actually planning to make it live is inconceivable.

12 Likes

Get those rorqs out again boyz :slight_smile:

Beautiful

@CCP_Rise, Did you have already smoked all the grass of Iceland, because to have this idea you have to be very … or go very high.
not even the bombers or coverops, only recons and Blops.

3 Likes

Great idea, cynos play a unique and integral part of strategy/engagements, it makes sense to move its use into a dedicated class of ships role. Always wanted to see something like this.

3 Likes

Are these changes already on SiSi?

Yes people light a cyno on your 2 bil isk battleship…

8 Likes

Why would you assume anything of ccp being competent at this point in all there failures to date?

2 Likes

as a part time jf logistician, here are my options with this change to continue running my service:

• buy 4 injectors per cyno in my chain (6 total characters) to train frigate 5/cyno 5/covert ops
  • MCT 6 characters and train for 94 days to train those same skills
  • train for 118 days to get those cyno alts into a force recon, or 107 days for a prospect, or 234 days for a black ops
  • jUsT uSe OnE cYnO cHaRaCtEr AnD mOvE iT fOr EvErY jUmP, also tripling (or more) the amount of time it takes to complete a jf run
  • not run my jf service until rise/fozzie/whoever’s dumb idea this is, figures out what the word consequences means

basically the point of this post is, if you make a change that makes eve more difficult for logisticians, everyone suffers, not just the jf pilots. either the jf pilots pass the increased costs on to their customers, or they simply quit the game in frustration - i’ve seen both happen, particularly with the change where topes were halved in size and jump fuel costs were doubled with one completely stupid, completely thoughtless, “oh it’ll be harmless” change

i’m a 9-account player and i’ll unsub them all without hesitation if this change goes live. if you’re reading this, hilmar, thoughtless change for the sake of change is a great way to accelerate as you drive this game into the ground

and that’s to say nothing of the effects this will have on capital pvp (literally no one will do it during this change because your capital models are way too big), subcapital pvp using bridges (grats you just killed battleship fleets forever, as if their godawful slow warp speeds weren’t enough), sov pve activity (clearly no one on the balance team actually plays eve online or you’d know how dead sov space already is, and you want to make it worse) and any other area of the game i’ve forgotten

tl;dr: do this and you get to watch the pcu dip below 20k omegalul

11 Likes

CCP I need to know who your supplier is. This change is showing that you get the good stuff.

2 Likes

Any plans on some re-balancing of recon stats here then? Currently armor tanked recons are a bit ass in terms of ehp compared to shield fitting even the ones that should be armor tanked. I understand the goal here is to take away a bit from the super bricked ship cynos, but its really gonna make it hard to make even okay armor cynos compared to shield ones.