Chaos Era Continues - Cyno Update

This September we are planning large changes for Cynosural Fields:

• Cynosural Field Generator I can only be fit by Force Recon Ships and Black Ops Battleships (note: these classes can still fit covert cynos)
  • Black Ops Battleships gain a 50% role bonus to Cynosural Field Generator duration
  • Introducing a new type of Cyno, the Industrial Cynosural Field
  • Industrial Cynosural Field Generators can be fit by Tech I Industrial Ships, Blockade Runners, and Deep Space Transports
  • Industrial Cynosural Field Beacons can be jumped to by Jump Freighters

During this era of chaos we are eager to introduce new challenges for veteran pilots while working towards a deeper and more balanced capital meta. Historically, cynos have been extremely flexible. They can be used on flocks of alts at nearly no risk or used by the largest and strongest ships in the game. With few options for cyno disruption, capital response time and power has grown to the point that it’s oppressing activity. This change will make it more complex and demanding to get capitals to the field quickly and give more strategic options for those wishing to disrupt capital response.

Update August 26: We have received an enormous amount of feedback on this change and have decided to make some adjustments to address the biggest issues we see by adding a 3rd type of cyno that can be fit to tech I industrials and used by Jump Freighters. This will solve the most important issue raised which was that cyno vigils would be impossible with the steep skill and ISK requirements associated with Recons and Black Ops. Now Industrials will offer a very affordable option with a cyno that appears in overview and on the map. We are very glad to preserve this tradition and appreciate the community emphasis on doing so.

note: this means that Jump Freighters will not be able to jump to covert cynos as we originally planned. This is an alternative solution, not an additional one.

Thanks and fly safe o/

Industrial Cyno FAQ:

What are the skill requirements?
Cynosural Field Theory level I

What are the fitting requirements?
20PG 50CPU

Can it be lit in cyno jammed systems?
No

230 Likes

<3 <3 <3

(I love ice cream)

Just to be sure : force recon is the one that is cloaky, not the one dscan immun ?

• arazu
  • pilgrim
  • ccp falcon
  • rapier

black ops is the one that alreay has a cyno generator ?

• redeemer
  • widow
  • sin
  • panther
11 Likes

“Just to be sure : force recon is the one that is cloaky, not the one dscan immun ?
black ops is the one that alreay has a cyno generator ?”

Yes and yes.

7 Likes

#Feelsgoodman

Some predictions:

• Whaling will get many of the desired buffs but this change is stronger what I ever advocated for. It not at all affects only whaling.
  • Capital vs. Capital escalations will get interesting but not necessarily positively. You’ll need a recon for each escalation, and have something like 5-10 seconds windpw to jump your fleet. FCs as a result might be even more averse from jumping capitals and starting fights. It might also generate more kills.
  • Moving capitals unsupported just became a lot more costlier.
  • JF people will need to switch to moving covert alts, or pay something like 50b per trade route to grow cyno alts.
  • Lowsec people will get covops frigate kills here and there, instead of corvette kills, which is an improvement.
40 Likes

Nothing of value was lost

15 Likes

Huge change. Maybe it’s going to be a bit overpowered, but this will really have a huge impact on nullsec empires.

8 Likes

Another solid change to force people into the null empires.

28 Likes

This is an atrocious idea. Words fail.

88 Likes

Hrrrr…

1 Like

Are you currently engaged Rise?
Asking for a friend. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

19 Likes

CCP in complete bonkers mode.

75 Likes

so only thing will change is that JF logi got easier w cov cynos and cyno 5 is needed now?

what about he ships that are already fitted with cyno ? Will they be able to activate it in space ?

Cynosural Field Generator I can only be fit by Force Recon Ships and Black Ops Battleships

This is too restrictive. Literally like 10 or so ships in all of eve can light a cyno?

58 Likes

Utterly ludirous on both fronts. Put the meth pipe down and think carefully about the consequences for once. This removes a hell of a lot of gameplay options in a lot of different situations.

Edit: Please clealy explain your goals for this change and what you believe the outcome will be. I have a feeling it won’t be hard to logically demonstrate your errors.

92 Likes

There needs to be a fast cyno alternative too, ie CovOps alternative.

F EVE

66 Likes

AhahahHhahshah, My thoughts about resubing disappeared, thanks ccp for making my life simpler

71 Likes

So when will you be back? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

What the heck are you smoking up there in Iceland!?

70 Likes