This September we are planning large changes for Cynosural Fields:
- Cynosural Field Generator I can only be fit by Force Recon Ships and Black Ops Battleships (note: these classes can still fit covert cynos)
- Black Ops Battleships gain a 50% role bonus to Cynosural Field Generator duration
- Introducing a new type of Cyno, the Industrial Cynosural Field
- Industrial Cynosural Field Generators can be fit by Tech I Industrial Ships, Blockade Runners, and Deep Space Transports
- Industrial Cynosural Field Beacons can be jumped to by Jump Freighters
During this era of chaos we are eager to introduce new challenges for veteran pilots while working towards a deeper and more balanced capital meta. Historically, cynos have been extremely flexible. They can be used on flocks of alts at nearly no risk or used by the largest and strongest ships in the game. With few options for cyno disruption, capital response time and power has grown to the point that it’s oppressing activity. This change will make it more complex and demanding to get capitals to the field quickly and give more strategic options for those wishing to disrupt capital response.
Update August 26: We have received an enormous amount of feedback on this change and have decided to make some adjustments to address the biggest issues we see by adding a 3rd type of cyno that can be fit to tech I industrials and used by Jump Freighters. This will solve the most important issue raised which was that cyno vigils would be impossible with the steep skill and ISK requirements associated with Recons and Black Ops. Now Industrials will offer a very affordable option with a cyno that appears in overview and on the map. We are very glad to preserve this tradition and appreciate the community emphasis on doing so.
note: this means that Jump Freighters will not be able to jump to covert cynos as we originally planned. This is an alternative solution, not an additional one.
Thanks and fly safe o/
Industrial Cyno FAQ:
What are the skill requirements?
Cynosural Field Theory level I
What are the fitting requirements?
Can it be lit in cyno jammed systems?