Chaos Era Continues - Cyno Update

More like 2 hours and you only need to wait once for the first trip, and also can start the jobs in all midpoints in parallel. I’m pretty sure clever JF pilots will find out, and are back to usual business already. I see no big difference in performance of PushX for example.

BTW, if hauling is not fun for you, why do you do it in a game?

In what way. As far as I am aware pushx and black frog dont publicly show the JF queue status so there is no real way to know accurately how they are performing. It is entirely possible with the price hikes that there are far fewer contracts resulting in low delays.

1 Like

Which ceptor can fit 400 LO @ cyno 5 (160m3), Plus enough compressed ore to build a T1 hauler?

I really think you should do a little research on your suggestions Before posting them. Sorta makes you look like you have no idea what you are talking about when you suggest the impossible as a solution.

1 Like

What is a Venture?

Do you ever get tired of whining that things are too hard now?
BO No instant intel = Instant death of all ratters (regretfully restored to it’s previous state)
Cyno changes = 0.0 logistics is completely dead!

HTFU chicken little, the sky isn’t falling.
Adapt.
Put an industrial ship where you had a rookie ship. Problem solved. Next.

Nice try BUT - where are you going to put the 400 odd LO? Or is carrying around compressed ice the idea here.,.
Do you EVER get tired of being so obviously out of touch with the game you pretend to play. Or do you get off trying to make things up as you go and just hoping you get it right?

I’ve got all my cynos in place - In case you missed it, that isn’t what my post was about - It was actually about another just like you, who loves to talk about things they have no clue about.

OK, I wrongly added Ozone in the list. Just use the same way to distribute the ozone and modules as before the change. The compressed ores for a Nereus need less than 50m3 even with crappy skills.

Haha pretending you have a clue!

Having even a slight clue when responding to someone who is completely wrong, isn’t hard.
I see you didn’t offer a real solution or even dispute you were wrong.
Carry on, Pretending you have a clue is as good as it gets.

So for the initial seeding of randomly used Cynos you need to run back and forth with 2 ceptors. One to seed the minerals and BPC, the 2nd to seed the cyno and fuel.
Sounds like the optimal choice to me - Yeah no it doesn’t but unless i want to start risking T2 haulers to seed things, there isn’t a lot of choice.

I do get where you are coming from but after 15 years i’ve done my best to optimise my PVE activities so i can spend as much time as possible doing what i enjoy in the game - PVP.

T1 haulers are a very poor choice for anyone who doesn’t have static cyno points - No amount of “you can do this or that” is going to change that.

So here’s 2 cents from an ‘old’ player:

The cyno changes make little sense in their implementation, but overall are a needed change. You removed the ability for any ship to fit one, but then gave the only 2 ships left the same duration bonus - so its now pointless and you could have just changed the plain cyno duration as a module. Next, you changed your minds on using coverts for JFs, so then you added an “industrial” cyno… which is literally a plain cyno built to make it “easier” for JFs. This actually just made JF logistics slightly more complicated!

Let’s ponder why:

The basic industrial sitting at 20k m3 packaged (ship alone) is too large to reasonably haul built replacements, and not to mention, they are still stuck with the 10min plain cyno as before… (Is this a throw back to some surprise battlebadger nostalgia?) This comes right after you gave us a “free cyno ship” button (A.K.A. the “Board my Corvette” button). So, why not make something similar to the effect you want to achieve but with less dumb mixed in. Suggestion for that: make the industrial cyno only fittable on ORE frigates and only lockable by JFs as it is now. Either way!! The logistical powers can adjust to this(explaination further below)!

The largest hurdle to most anything in EVE happens to be the ability to stay stocked and supplied. This is a hurdle for any group, regardless of size really. You need methods to move materials into and out of nullsec semi-safely to allow those goods to even be worth a damn. (I.E. if you have a phoenix hull in a good NPC station in range of the forge, then you can charge top prices… but if that same ship is all the way out in Outer Ring then good luck selling it for half priced)

BUT WAIT! ITS ALL OKAY and you need to get back to important internet spaceships… where I can’t hear your complaints through the vacuum!!

The new cyno changes will greatly change the localized pricing of capital hulls since moving them will now carry high risks. Not surprisingly, this really only effects lowsec start-ups. The people unable to build them, and replacements, with any reasonable speed will now be at the whims of well established groups who can gate their cap fleet around their localized pocket. This probably isn’t an intended repercussion, but MEH! Lets see what happens!

For other things(logistics wise)… I don’t really think its going to change much. Sure, JFing huge amounts of modules, ammo, minerals, and the such will become restricted to only established supply routes. Big deal? Its expensive to setup the route (expensive compared to a 10b hull? not really), but after the initial setup I’m sure you won’t be losing much beyond maybe 25m if you lose every single cyno from one end of the galaxy to the other.

Conclusion

Y’all a bunch of whiny bitches! Either determine a route is worth spending the isk to establish the supply line, or fall back to using a Blops ship to bridge a blockade runner to your t3 scout/cyno. The only real change they could make to bring the health back to where it was for JFs is to allow ORE frigates to light industrial cynos. Not much changed with them really.

The truest issue with the EVE community is the fact that people aren’t willing to risk much. Really, the new meta is ‘no risk without reinforcements’. Stop being afraid of losing a digital ship and start trying to create stories of triumph or epic failure.

We will all adapt in the end. There used to be a time where JFs didn’t exist. Blops didn’t exist. There used to be a time where moving equipment was done mainly by carriers. All of this, and many “key” aspects of the game have changed over the 13 years I’ve been apart of New Eden.

As I have seen it done for 13 years now, we will adapt as we always have.

2 Likes

How about a dedicated industrial cyno ship that is NOT a transport or hauling ship? This could be a frigate-sized class ship that is similar to an interceptor. Require training. Have it cost 25M ISK per ship. Make it fast with same interdiction and warp disruptor immunity as an interceptor OR simply allow industrial cynos to be fit to interceptors!

The reason for my posting and suggesting an alternative to the current situation is that loosing an industrial hauling ship while simply trying to get a cyno into position in order to move a JF is annoying for all the wrong reasons. Making it easier to get industrial cynos into position to do a function still creates equal or more content because once cyno lights the ship is vulnerable to attack, and once JF is on the move it too is vulnerable… plus, if supplies arrive at their destination even more content is generated in-game.

Remove Cyno changes and bring back order. Than and only than i will return and play again. Iam that 40 year old eve player that has family and kids and just want to have 2 nice hours ratting in my super or mining in rorqual. While kids sleep, and often wake up, i need that Supercapital Umbrella to get help relative fast.
Many guys in my corp have stopped playing, and much more in my alliance. With “Chaos Era” you killed eve and took me away my favorite game. Bring back order.

While I don’t agree with all of the cyno changes, yours is the exact kind of argument that helped to create the cyno changes in the first place.

I too am a 47 year old father and small business owner. I am lucky to have a few hours to play eve several times a week.

Nobody is going to have sympathy that your ratting in an overly expensive supercap has been nerfed. Your post is the epitome of entitled nullbear.

Rat in something else, or keep some cyno alts cloaked nearby. Others have started figuring out how to rat in their blingships again.

EVE has been changing for its entire history adapt or move on.

3 Likes

Uhm… ?
What are those “excavator drones” anyway? :thinking:

A mistake.

So what exactly do you propose the Rorqual does that makes it an active ship, rather than a “Stuff an alt in it and ignore” ship.

Actually it doe snot matter what this guy would propose. The Rorqual is the ship CCP made it to - capital ship with excavator drones. And this makes it mostly solo ship which needs capital umbrella protection.

Implying that that isn’t what it is now?

Give it a moon mining laser: it can mine directly from a moon; or blast small chunks of moon up to be mined (much smaller yield overall but faster, in the short term) than can be done with the citadel.

Yes, infallible CCP.

Infallible or not but we are where we are. Changes you provide should be based on reality and not on “what should have happened in past”.

Amazingly a change could happen in the future as well. To something that keeps Rorquals active.