Chaos Era Continues - Cyno Update

I imagine something like;

Multiple rounds of beer pong at lunch time followed by extremely serious talks about how to screw over the majority of nul to try and fix a fairly localised issue .
Goes something like;
Hilmar; Hey if i get this ball into the glass we’ll do XyZ which will affect everyone in ways we could never foresee because AbC and a couple of other coalitions are too rich and a bunch of EX players on Reddit said this is how we fix it.
Hilmar got the ball in the glass.,.

A few weeks later - Beer pong at 11.30 guys, 1PM is design meeting, we need to be ready.
Management; Seems XyZ didn’t really affect AbC and the others as we’d hoped. Any suggestions?

Dev; I say we Find a way to create real balance, that will affect all of Sov nul equally over the next 2 or 3 years.

Management; Fuk that what can we do to screw over as many older, dedicated players who have spent years playing the game just the way we let them, NOW not in 2 or 3 years.

Dev; Do we really want to risk pushing our dedicated player base this way?

Management; Fukem, if they can’t accept draconian changes that we come up with after beer pong - Let’em quit

NB; Years ago I had a job where executive decisions were made over liquid lunches at the local - They went broke in under two years.,.

1 Like

Thanks CCP
Just moved my 3 Omega cyno accounts to Alpha since I won’t be in JF’s anymore.
Now what will I do with the $500 a year extra i’ll have, Star Citizen?

2 Likes

You know JFs are easier to move, right? Covert cynoes are tits

2 Likes

How dare you bring logic in this thread! :rofl:

Did I interrupt the salt?

My bad

ever heard of scorch?
no problem there

Stop trying to use logic and reason to prove that the ability to jump to covert cyno’s is a massive ■■■■■■■ buff

I mean being able to jump JF’s in to a cyno jammed system isn’t awesome, the ability to not broadcast your cyno to local and it only lasting 60 seconds and be on a cloak equipped ship isn’t awesome

But yeah some people seem to forget that covert cyno’s are just straight up better than their non-covert brothers :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This September we are planning two large changes for Cynosural Fields:

Cynosural Field Generator I can only be fit by Force Recon Ships and Black Ops Battleships (note: these classes can still fit covert cynos)
Jump Freighters can jump to Covert Cynosural Fields

During this era of chaos we are eager to introduce new challenges for veteran pilots while working towards a deeper and more balanced capital meta.

So your challenge is to make the game more boring ?
Actually, its just more gameplay becoming less accessible for the bucks !

Historically, cynos have been extremely flexible. They can be used on flocks of alts at nearly no risk or used by the largest and strongest ships in the game.
With few options for cyno disruption, capital response time and power has grown to the point that it’s oppressing activity.

Historically, the game used to be fun. Ive started to play this game in 2006 and stopped in 2011 because CCP was having to much fun castrating the game
I recently tried come back to the game and actually it feel like swallowing your own vomit, Thank to CCP
I guess that was predictable when you hire 95 IQ peoples at the game design desk.

This change will make it more complex and demanding to get capitals to the field quickly and give more strategic options for those wishing to disrupt capital response.

This will make it more complex the move for singles players trying to move their shits together, if you think you will stop or even make it harder for large alliances that already has established stronghold
your dumber that its possible to image.

This is going to enforce the supremacy of very large and well developed alliance and stroke down the smallest that would try the null sec.
it will be, of course, more complicated for large alliance for sure but the fact is that large alliance has the logistics to deal with and keep the same deployment speed and efficiency
as before but will certainly slow down the smallest.

So expect the opposite effect of your goal and losing more players

The other aspect of this i can see is that the price of the recon class and the Black ops will become absurdly high affecting or even destroying the core recon / blackops gameplay… or what remain of it
More game play aspect of the game becoming less accessible to players, once again thanks CCP.

While most of the impact from this change is on combat, we are sensitive to the effect on Jump Freighters and logistics overall.
Jump Freighters will be allowed to use Covert Cynos which can be activated by cheaper hulls like Covert Ops Frigates.

:roll_eyes: are you trying to make this game kind of simcity space bull crap or something where players can ■■■■ keepstars everywhere ?
focusing on industrial and productivities while killing the PVP.

This may need further attention and we will be watching this area very closely.

This pretty much sound like if you were playing russian roulette with the game

1 Like

Of all the things to throw a tantrum about re: this change, JFs is a bizarre choice.

Nope definitely not interrupting the salt…we have ratters that can’t deal with two…count them TWO whole stealth bombers, and space truckers that have no clue what a covert cyno does.

…but fly 9 bill (empty) of hull across null.

What a time to be alive.

Your right this ■■■■ is getting funnier and funnier. Considering making 27 Force Recon Accounts to blanket Delve Keep the umbrella at full Strength and see if I can give Hilmar an aneurysm and harvest some Salt on reddit to fuel my Titans

1 Like

This change does hurt service hauling corp significantly. Corps such as PushX and Black Frog. This will kill a large portion of work that is available to hauling corps where moving cynos happens multiple times a day. For null sec entities that have “set routes” to their space it will be simpler for the proper ships to be stashed along the route but not for service hauling corps such as PushX and Black Frog that move cynos all the time to deliver a package.

I made a suggestion in an earlier post about having special cynos for JFs that work like current cynos do so side effects from this combat balance are minimized. I’ll link that post below.

I hope you can consider the significant side effects this change has on service hauling corps such as PushX and Black Frog.

Thank you

Join goons we srp our ratters

2 Likes

To be honest , I won’t be sad at all seeing what you call “core blackops/recon” (bombers?) gameplay disappearing. It won’t happen for sure, but what you call a gameplay is a risk averse 50v1 ganking hit&run pussy play deserves to be tremendously nerfed, especially when the tools is wormhole rolling to get targets and give 99% wait/1% content to F1 lemmings. To be perfectly clear, I’ve never been taken by any of these actions, so it has nothing to do with my own history, just I prefer seeing Eve online as a game where ennemy forces are more known than today and balls needs to be brought when it’s about defending or attacking an objective, reducing conventional cyno possibilities goes the good way, it’s not optimal , but it’s a good way.

1 Like

Wouldn’t really need to do that, just a blops to deploy a covops scout and then bridge the recon in if necessary. As someone here mentioned, the larger nullblocs are basically unharmed by this change, especially goons. The smaller alliances and corporations are the ones harmed by it, they will lose morale and find the game less fun after losing recons left right and centre.

Any situation where larger entities, goons, test etc would have dropped they will still likely drop. Smaller entities will be far less likely to throw away a 600 million isk ship for every fight and thus the net overall effect will be fewer pvp engagements.

From the Jump Freighter perspective, the covert cyno is a massive buff, like “huge” massive. We just went from basically a guaranteed loss of multiple cyno ships per day to being able to use player skill (in the form of good judgement of cyno placement, timing, system and mechanics knowledge) to reduce that loss to near zero.

Interesting change that will kill capitals for most individual players.

1 Like

Magic 8-ball says I don’t the goons or SRP killer.

Unsubbed
Thanks for the fish

Why would that disappear? Because interceptors? BlOps groups already use a bomber, covops, or force recon to do their covert cynos. That won’t be altered at all.

1 Like

Yeah wish CCP would actually look at this issue to instead they just blame everything on capitals and never question why no one ever actually is willing to take a fight anymore. People take third party websites to seriously and only engage is the fight is 99% in their favor. They keep talking about taking eve back to its glory days but your not seeing any of the old brawling fits and game play returning. Just massive hit and run doctrines.

2 Likes

Major pain in the nuts if you need to move caps around though.