Citadel/Station Clone Bays and why do i even have to make this post

My idea is really really simple.

Allow us to jump clone to our unused clones that are housed inside of a citadel regardless of its clone bay status.

Why?
Because i can jump clone to a station that doesn’t have a clone bay, even if i no longer have docking access to it.
I don’t understand why is it impossible to JC to a citadel under the same circumstances.

Alternative idea, allow us to “clone swap” in a station without incurring a timer so i don’t feel the need to leave my clones in random citadels in High Sec.

I’m just tired of losing Training and HG Clones in HS citadels because the random decided to unplug the clone bay.

The better approach would stop allowing jumping to stations without a clone bay.

1 Like

Let’s take jump cloning out all together then, i could go for a SP refund.

Removing jump cloning all together would do nothing to make the game more interesting and would only remove some depth to gameplay.

That seems pointless.

Removing the ability to install a clone in a station that has no cloning facility, just by flying there and jump cloning away seems much better. It’s a kind of illogical capability to begin with, as you alluded to in the OP.

That would also mean we wouldn’t be able to jump clone out of a station that doesn’t have a medical bay and pod express would be the only means of quickly traveling across vast distances to only 1 preset location.

I’d entertain that idea if we would be able to store multiple clones in a single station, after all it is a “clone bay”.

Expanding a currently existing feature to citadels would only make them more useful in all regards.

Having the option to quickly swap between multiple clones without a penalty is a feature that helps citadels shine and gives them a unique purpose outside of stations, but that feature could be improved for the quality of life of players without any game breaking effect.
After all the feature already exists, citadels have just been excluded from using it with the possibility of great penalty to players.

1 Like

Yep, that would be a definite outcome and very welcome.

Placing extra limitations on long standing features would be a step in the wrong direction.
As opposed to simply allowing us to jump clone to our already existing clones.

This thread is about Improving our quality of life.

At the very least, placing a 24/hr timer on changes to a citadels clone bay function and giving players with existing clones a notification would also be acceptable.

1 Like

Improve is a subjective judgement.

I think the other would be an improvement.

Making the game easier is not an improvement in my book. Its the opposite.

Personally, I think one should not be able to set up a jump clone if there are no clone bays. Allowing people to store multiple clones in a single citadel would also be handy. And lastly: allowing people to jump clone to a citadel they no longer have access to defeats the purpose of access controls. Besides, the owner should be able to walk over and bar the downloading of unwanted personalities to their structure. :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.