Same station "CITADEL CLONES" needs to apply to all stations, NPC and PLAYER owned

There is No reason players shouldnt be able to jump clone to same station(NOT JUST CIDITALS) with out incurring a cooldown. No reason whatsoever. this is a sorely needed quality of life improvement that needs to be added to the game. ALL NPC stations should have a, same station, no cooldown option avalible.

2 Likes

Is this bait?

3 Likes

give me one good reason this shouldnt be a thing.

I disagree for one simple reason: We need additional incentives to migrate away from NPC stations to Upwell POSes. Giving this advantage to POSes makes them that much juicier. And given how they’re a dime a dozen and frankly polluting the atmosphere, I don’t see why it’s a problem. They’re not particularly inaccessible. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are more POSes now than NPC stations at this point… until the next release comes out, anyway :rofl:

1 Like

i disagree, but at least you gave your honest opinion and didnt troll like 95% of the people that come on forums.

1 Like

I would like to know the reason why you believe it should be how you want things to be. That’s missing in your post. Like an explanation why you believe it’s a “sorely needed” quality of life improvement. All you wrote was your “demand” with no reasoning behind it.

1 Like

I see no problem with his request.

CCP never had the intention of facilitating local clone transfers in citadels.
CCP ended up leaving it like that because many liked the result, and there was no mobilization complaining for it to be changed.
There have even been several requesting to install several clones in the same structure. But it looks like this would be complicated to implement.

The intention of the cooldown time in jumping clones is to prevent the same character from easily participating in various conflicts in distant locations on the map. And to hinder the use of this mechanism by those who wish to avoid having to travel around.

3 Likes

An online clonebay is required in a citadel. Not all NPC stations even have clonebays. So I disagree with the logic of this statement.

1 Like

He still has not explained his reasoning. It’s just whining about the status quo and a “demand”.

Local clone transfers in citadels is intended to encourage people to join fleets without risking implants. There is no similar need in NPC stations.

We’ve seen a lot of dumbing down and/or homogenizing various aspects of gameplay under the quality of life banner - basically reducing the reward for expertise and planning. I agree that new players should be introduced to Eve’s complexity in bite size chunks but, I personally believe jump clones in NPC stations are already too easy - we should put back the standings requirement. Removing that requirement was a bug that CCP decided not to fix.

1 Like

No, go away.

Yeah, that would be great, I spend a lot of time waiting out jump clone timers. Not really sure how this would break anything or give anyone an unfair advantage

1 Like

It is a NPC station. Being able to jump clones for free is an incentive to build and or buy a citadel. If you can jump the clone for free in a NPC station you take that incentive away.

1 Like

Plenty of other advantages to owning your own citadel, hardly game-breaking

I would like to be able to swap my clone out in a mobile depot.

2 Likes

The purpose of a citadel is to have advantages compared to NPC stations. You have no argument.

I just wish the use of clones would become so much more simple and clear that I stop seeing those regular messages asking I am sure I want to destroy my current clone and implants… when I just want to change from my skilling to my hauling clone :scream: :skull:

Incentive to own a citadel is not a good enough reason not to implement this. 1. you will prolly get war decked and destroyed if your making one solely for this reason. 2. 99% of players dont own their own citadel or are able to make one. 3. most players especially new players dont even know about this feature. opening up options like this would only improve the game for everyone and increasing play time of people who want to play. and not just wait around in a station for a 24 hour cooldown. this would fix the issue with implants. its essential to the vast majority of players and the future health of the game(due to activeness) that this becomes a thing.

But how does this proposed change benefit the null blocs?

Zzzzzzz…