Client closed unexpectedly

What is going on here? I had this happen to me during a wormhole passage a while ago, then just out of the blue while sitting in station, and just now again while just sitting in a station. No notification like the downtime client termination, the client just closed and the launcher displayed a red notification.

I’ve been having similar problems this morning, except in my case - every so often it accepts mouse inputs (you can see the buttons depress etc) but doesn’t act on them. I can move the view around, so the UI is still working, but in order to log-off I have to call up a system tool and kill the program that way. It’s as if the UI and the underlying program logic have become detached from each other. I’ve also had a couple of cases where the program ‘froze’ for 10-30 seconds, no input working, but then unfroze spontaneously. I’m on Linux Mint 17.3, but I doubt that’s the problem as it’s been pretty much OK for the past 3 months.

I’m getting the same unexpected close error after Abysimal (sp?) downloaded. But it must be a more generic error since you started getting it two days ago.

I was able to resolve the problem by going into the Launcher settings and running “Verify”. 2 corrupt files were found and now it’s launching properly.

To me it happened mid game without any notification or indication.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.