Client start exception after today update - steam [SOLVED]

You need to apply the patch to wine then compile it yourself.

Have you tried the patched proton-ge that Iā€™ve built ? Itā€™s working fine for me

YESSS! Linux mint 20.02 also, worked. I just spent alllll day trying to get Eve to run in Lutris with no luck. Thanks , now i can actually play :slight_smile:

Wish I seen this post earlier, this resolved my client issues.
Though, now I either need to get my settings sorted out or somehow find a copy of what I had.

They probably canā€™t. since all of us Linux users use windows emulation, We all show up as Windows clients and will over-inflate the windows user stats.

So all you people with money in cpps bank think its ok to just close your account and keep your money ? and block you because you use linux ? WHO the ā– ā– ā– ā–  does eve think they are THIEVES When and if you ever get your accounts unlocked I think Maybe you should downgrade to alpha and in the meantime ask for a refund all eve care about is money and how many of you plan on going to the ccp praise fest maybe ask the dev shills in person WHY they cut off Linux users

note to self dont give CPP anymore money next month

Its time to with draw subscriptions ask for YOUR money back and downgrade to alpha if only for a couple of months Money Talks

Well, thereā€™s a reason Linux is not officially supported (and itā€™s not like the devs hide it). This particular problem isnā€™t even down to CCP, itā€™s caused by Wine and they have no influence over it.

Running EVE on linux is like wearing tight leather trousers. Looks baller, you may like it that way, it may be an expression of your personality but you waive the right to complain that your balls hurt.

Unless they start supporting linux officially, at which point the rabbit hole of ā€œHey, make it run on Mandrivaā€ begins :wink:

Iā€™m actually, honestly glad that we have someone in the community that patched it :slight_smile:

1 Like

This worked for me also!
Running ubuntu, lutris-ge-lol-6.16 for eve launcher 1952584

2 Likes

ubuntu 20.04 work for me with copyng file and setting read only

Great find, copying launchdarkly_client.pyd from the sharedcache/tq/bin64 folder to sharedcache/tq folder and setting read only also worked for me.

Arch / Lutris / wine-staging 6.17 / Launcher v1952584

Anyone having trouble login in game? Im on Lutris, did not update the launcher. The launchdarkly.pyd is on read only, and its still there. Iā€™m on wine staging 6.19, and the Windows launcher on Lutris is the 1917874, ubuntu mate 18.04.

Iā€™ll keep trying. I remember some week ago, I had this problem and after reporting it hereā€¦ started working :confused: I guess its afraid? lol. No idea. At least I can click on the stop button and the client stops, saying closed unexpectedly.

It was working great last night ;(

PS: Did an update, there was something for Lutris and Mesa updates as well. After the restart, I tried again but no joy. But since I needed to do PI, decided to try the Linux launcher and even let it update the launcherā€¦ and it works, albeit with 84% CPU usage with 5 clients, when with Lutris I normally run 5 with 50% CPU usage :frowning: but hey, at least Iā€™ll be able to chat and do PI.

Well, they could support Wine at the expense of their relationship with M$.
It is a Rubicon.

Its so easy: I had to decide what to play in the winter and since CCP is not caring for ANY way to get the game, which is basically running just fine under linux, running on my platform - i will throw my money at some other game.

there is a difference between ā€˜wont supportā€™ and ā€˜will invest time and money in oorder to make it harder for you to run thhe game under linuxā€™.

Yo

Consider directing those resources to Wine and the community champions that are striving to keep the coding concurrent.

I am unable to re-find and link the thread where one of our own has submitted de-bugged code to Wine maintainers but could not get it into this next release because Wine is understaffed in that area for testing.

Quite honestly: No. I put enough work and lifetime into OS myself and I do think it is CCPs job to do this.

My Account was created in 2012 so THANK you CCP for going to lenghts in order to ensure linux players are locked out.

I think they were suggesting to consider putting the money you were going to throw at one other game towards a crossover subscription instead to support the wine project. I rarely use crossover but I also have a subscription as its the most direct way to fund development of wine.

I also have trouble to run the launcher ( Manjaro + wine ).
Tried everything in the book, canā€™t find a solution.
Cancelled subscription.

I guess I officially won eve ? ā€¦ until next time

proton-6.20-GE-1 got all the needed patch to make EVE working on Linux.

1 Like