Clone account in alpha

When i first got this game it was threw an ad that you blasted me with a million times i started playing the game finding it fun then i was thinking about upgrading, but threw the ad the payment options are very bad, so i jumped on steam and it made me create another account so i did. I started playing two accounts at the same time half screen which made the game really fun, so i could mine and have a fighter keep watch which lets you play more roles and tbh watching a bar fill up isn’t that fun.

I went on today and would not let me do that? the second account is my steam account where if i was going to buy anything that is the account i would use, i feel like I’m being punished for clicking on your ad instead of going to my steam account and getting this game.

As long as all accounts are omega, you can have them all logged in. But you can only have one account logged in, if you are using alpha clones.

You cannot have one alpha and one omega logged in together either.

1 Like

Not true, it let me do it last night… was this just changed or did i find a huge bug???

It’s most likely an exploit and doing so again can get your accounts banned. I would contact support to let them know what you did.

Exploit? it wasn’t my intention nor does it work anymore, but not having my original account connect to my steam account made me lose three days of progress and also playing two accounts made the game more fun but i would settle for having all my stuff moved to my steam account from my original account and letting me make a new character.

This is the bug, click on eve online commercial ad make an account, then use your steam account…
some exploit … :confused:

The relevant support article is here.

Feature
Multiple Clients running at once
Alpha
Not available, if there is a client logged into an Alpha account, no additional EVE clients can be started past the character selection screen, independent of their state.
Omega
Multiple Omega accounts may be logged in at one time, as long as no Alpha account is actively logged into on the same computer.

If you found a way to do so, do not post it here; open a Support Ticket and report it to CCP. Posting about it here violates the Terms of Service:

You may not exploit any bug in EVE Online to gain an unfair advantage over other players. You may not communicate the existence of any exploitable bug to others directly or through a public forum. Bugs should be reported through the bug reporting tool on our website.

In short: you are not meant to be able to log in two Alpha clones at once. Doing so is a bug, and taking advantage of a bug is an exploit and thus a bannable offense.

I’m sorry that the situation caused confusion for you. CCP does not offer a free way to transfer characters between accounts - the only way to do so is by paying a real-money fee to CCP for that option.

I understand that the CCP direct payment methods are not great for you, so what you could look at doing is buying PLEX via your Steam-based account and contracting it to your non-Steam account if you want to upgrade that account to Omega.

1 Like

UGH…no something is messed up, my computer just did something freaky a second ago, I literally had to shut the computer off and i tried to get back into this topic it told me to verify my account, I think that is where the screw up was and it has nothing to do with me, it was going to make me download the game again??? something is extremely messed up on CCP side…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.